2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Things are in the best position possible for Anaheim to end the night in an ideal spot.

Pittsburgh was eliminated last night out of their control and should be emotionally down.

Philly has nothing left to play for while the Blackhawks have one shot to win Toews' last game.

If LA remotely cares about holding onto their position in the standings they'll have to try to at least take us to OT to hold off the Kraken.

Literally everything is scripted with advantages in Anaheim's favor. We just have to hope for a Kings regulation win first and foremost.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I'm feeling good about tonight. Taking emotion out of it, if you had to bet $100 on one of these 2 outcomes to happen what would you choose?

A:
58 point Ducks beat 102 point Kings fighting for playoff position
57 point Columbus loses to 90 point Pitts that was just eliminated from the playoffs last night

B:
58 point Ducks lose to 102 point Kings fighting for playoff position
57 point Columbus beats 90 point Pitts that was just eliminated from the playoffs last night

Most likely outcomes is that they both lose and we stay at 2.

JonathnTaylorTavares

Feb 4, 2019
I'm feeling good about tonight. Taking emotion out of it, if you had to bet $100 on one of these 2 outcomes to happen what would you choose?

A:
57 point Columbus loses to 90 point Pitts that was just eliminated from the playoffs last night

B:
57 point Columbus beats 90 point Pitts that was just eliminated from the playoffs last night

I’m feeling Option C: we both lose tonight and Columbus goes to OT tomorrow vs BUF

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

A:

B:

We'll have plenty of opportunities to beat the Kings in the future. I'm okay conceding one game to them. To answer your question I'd bet on scenario 2. It's still an unlikely outcome with the Pittsburgh game since even a demoralized Penguins group is significantly better than Columbus. Depends on how bad the latter wants a moral victory. But I weigh that as more likely than the Kings losing to us. I think needing an OT is more likely but I don't think we've really contemplated that the Kings have something to prove to their fans and the hockey community. They were retooling and clearly not a playoff team for a decent chunk of time. Their guys will play to prove they could finish as high as possible with a lottery team as their only obstacle. I can't imagine them sitting back in this one but I can imagine the Ducks laying it all on the line to try to go out on a high note.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Either way, I'm looking forward to not having to hope for Ducks losses. One way or the other, that part ends tonight. Depending on how the night goes, the only thing that will matter is the Blue Jackets-Sabres game.

Reactions: Yemeth

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hopefully this will be the last game we have to separate the GDT discussions. Lol

I hate tanking but we need to lose in regulation tonight. This Top 4 is filled with multiple 1stOA prospects, it’s too important.

Just ask to keep the tank talk and wanting them to lose here. I appreciate it, thanks!

LiveLaughDucks

Feb 5, 2020
Hoping Toews is enough to fuel a Chicago win but sadly Getzlaf retiring wasn’t enough to fuel an Anaheim win last year, so we shall see. Still had a great time at that game though with his final assist to cap the evening.

Would be nice if everything goes our way tonight and we can sleep easy, rather than still sweating the Columbus game tomorrow.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope the Penguins decided to temper the disappointment with heavy drinking and couldn't care less about tonight's game.

I think it's a question of how many players on either team are playing for contracts and/or jobs next season. Those players will give it their all, where as I can see the seasoned vets with tenure not giving a crap. But we shall see.

Plus, Columbus is playing tomorrow against Buffalo who also had their playoff hopes crushed a few days ago.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think it's a question of how many players on either team are playing for contracts and/or jobs next season. Those players will give it their all, where as I can see the seasoned vets with tenure not giving a crap. But we shall see.

Plus, Columbus is playing tomorrow against Buffalo who also had their playoff hopes crushed a few days ago.
Don't forget Buffalo will be playing their fourth game in five days. With no prospect of a playoff appearance it's significantly likely that the players will be exhausted and mentally checked out/ready to start their vacation.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
just f***ing lose tonight against the kings and whatever happens with CBJ and chicago happens

it'll feel a lot better knowing they did all they could to secure a top 3 pick instead of winning a completely meaningless game to mess it all up

Reactions: robbieboy3686

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What makes this season different is the talent at the top of the draft. we were awful in the 21 season but nobody was really rooting for the team to lose. glad it's basically over now and I don't think we'll have to worry about this next year.
This. I thought it'd be neat if the Ducks won but I wasn't chewing off my fingernails hoping for Slaf, Cooley, or Wright.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s been a pleasure

Likewise. Could not get through it without you guys.

CC7758AC-E573-4FF7-A306-4BE10D69C9BF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad