2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Hey so...not looking to start rumors and I'm probably not the first one to pose the question, but some friends of mine have said we actually don't want Bedard, that he might be a cancer in the locker room. Anyone else hear anything about that?

My thoughts right now, it's just a rumor and he's easily worth the potential risk. Another part of me is, if some don't like him, I imagine him + Zegras on the same team? People could absolutely HATE the Ducks and that gets me salivating, lol.

Another thing...these friends are on my beer-league team, and they're Kings fans. Can't trust em.
Is he annoying like Zegras?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Didn’t he just choose to ride it out with his team even though he could have had a better shot elsewhere? Doesn’t scream locker room cancer to me. And I think just recently posted the announcer of the Pats said something along the lines of him being one of the nicest players he’s met.
Yeah that smells like horseshit to me.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey so...not looking to start rumors and I'm probably not the first one to pose the question, but some friends of mine have said we actually don't want Bedard, that he might be a cancer in the locker room. Anyone else hear anything about that?

My thoughts right now, it's just a rumor and he's easily worth the potential risk. Another part of me is, if some don't like him, I imagine him + Zegras on the same team? People could absolutely HATE the Ducks and that gets me salivating, lol.

Another thing...these friends are on my beer-league team, and they're Kings fans. Can't trust em.

When you said your friends are Kings fans, I was like uh huh. Lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Even now if we finish 29th, which is the worst scenario, there is around 72% chance we can pick at least one of them. I am moist

I think a team will take a shot on Michkov, if we are picking 4th. So can still land Leo.

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've never been more anxious about a Columbus Blue Jackets game in my life.

I think most of the teams in the bottom 5 are just entering their rebuild. We are more 2 or 3 years into a 5 year potential plan, imho.

Ducks may want to go to the more NHL ready prospect and not take the risk.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think most of the teams in the bottom 5 are just entering their rebuild. We are more 2 or 3 years into a 5 year potential plan, imho.

Ducks may want to go to the more NHL ready prospect and not take the risk.
Columbus is in a weird spot with the acquisition of Gaudreau but I agree. I still think the uncertainty around Michkov is a heavy consideration. But I'm sure GMs will consider what I've been contemplating, that Michkov may well be the best 18 year old KHL player since Ovi/Malkin.

Reactions: Leonardo87

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Makes no sense that I’m sitting here stressing out every play of a f***ing Blue Jackets game. I’m here yelling “screw you Svozil!”

God please let this be the last year this ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad