2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ducks own the tiebreaker over the sharks right? there's no way they can pick lower than 5th?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Next year the Ducks will be Montreal or Philadelphia. Yay. At least this year there is drama all the way until game #82.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Ehhhhh I think I would've preferred Copley. I know they're propping their deadline acquisition as the starter for the playoffs but I feel like Korpisalo is more likely to blow a game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
ducks own the tiebreaker over the sharks right? there's no way they can pick lower than 5th?
Yeah.

If we lose in regulation we own the tiebreaker over Chicago whether they win or lose too.

Columbus is the only one that has a definite say in where we finish regardless of the result of the Kings game.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
"It's since been banned because it was delaying the game so much. In fact, the NHL changed the rules to allow for a team to be given a delay of game penalty if fans throw things on the ice, outlined in section 9, statute 63.4 of the regulation book.Jan 8, 2023"

Ticket holders, I think you know what must be done.

Blue Jackets playing four rookies in their first ever starts today, lol. They're in no rush to win a game.
I'm praying they're keeping guys rested for tomorrow but doesn't look likely. :/

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Blue Jackets playing four rookies in their first ever starts today, lol. They're in no rush to win a game.
I'd much rather they use hungry rookies than some of the stiffs they've been using regularly as of late. Guys from the AHL aren't going to care at all about the next draft. They're going to go all out to prove they deserve to be NHL players.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
3 reasons we need to finish dead last…

CA121654-66D7-4476-BF73-96311E7DB2BB.jpeg

FF2A7FD7-58FD-4B04-A22B-3DC3FD624776.jpeg

E75E47CE-2672-4BEE-BD2B-7FF6770E8EDE.jpeg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We know no king but the king in the North HFDucks board whose name is Stark @Leonardo87

In all seriousness. Bedard is the prize but these other two guys, have not only elite potential , but franchise player potential, and I think their size and skill fits our needs a lot.

Hate that it’s the Kings in the final game.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Hey so...not looking to start rumors and I'm probably not the first one to pose the question, but some friends of mine have said we actually don't want Bedard, that he might be a cancer in the locker room. Anyone else hear anything about that?

My thoughts right now, it's just a rumor and he's easily worth the potential risk. Another part of me is, if some don't like him, I imagine him + Zegras on the same team? People could absolutely HATE the Ducks and that gets me salivating, lol.

Another thing...these friends are on my beer-league team, and they're Kings fans. Can't trust em.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Hey so...not looking to start rumors and I'm probably not the first one to pose the question, but some friends of mine have said we actually don't want Bedard, that he might be a cancer in the locker room. Anyone else hear anything about that?

My thoughts right now, it's just a rumor and he's easily worth the potential risk. Another part of me is, if some don't like him, I imagine him + Zegras on the same team? People could absolutely HATE the Ducks and that gets me salivating, lol.

Another thing...these friends are on my beer-league team, and they're Kings fans. Can't trust em.
Didn’t he just choose to ride it out with his team even though he could have had a better shot elsewhere? Doesn’t scream locker room cancer to me. And I think just recently posted the announcer of the Pats said something along the lines of him being one of the nicest players he’s met.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In all seriousness. Bedard is the prize but these other two guys, have not only elite potential , but franchise player potential, and I think their size and skill fits our needs a lot.

Hate that it’s the Kings in the final game.
It's like going to the DMV to register your car. You're miserable for the time you have to be there, but you're much better off when it's over if you actually did the thing.

The thing here being losing in regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad