Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
there’s no argument for Gallagher being better than Mount. None whatsoever, even slightly, for a moment.

Hasn’t even had a better two seasons, Mount was better than Gally in 2021-22.
Did Gally catch on as a nickname? Feels very hockey; not so much soccer

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
-Barca will likely loan out Chadi Riad, but sign him up to a new contract beforehand.
-Tuchel apparently wants De Jong. Well FC Hollywood D list can pay the buyout clause.
-Collado’s exit seems to be progressing. Pimienta wants him for his promoted Las Palmas.
-Despite posts here about other clubs signing Guler, I’m still seeing Barca listed as interested. Not sure how much there is to that (supposedly a Deco signing) and not saying we’ll get him, just that it sounds like a lot of clubs are looking at him right now.
-Girona apparently interested in loaning Pedrola and Torre. They’re the City group, so get the checkbook out when it comes to the loan fee. Better yet, we can just discount that off of Arnau Martinez’s fee.
-A lot of talk around Kessie. Rumors are that he isn’t interested in returning to Italy, but that the Premiership interests him. Another rumor is that Deco values him and he’s only sold if a big enough offer comes in. Also, Atleti are reportedly interested.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
-Barca will likely loan out Chadi Riad, but sign him up to a new contract beforehand.
-Tuchel apparently wants De Jong. Well FC Hollywood D list can pay the buyout clause.
-Collado’s exit seems to be progressing. Pimienta wants him for his promoted Las Palmas.
-Despite posts here about other clubs signing Guler, I’m still seeing Barca listed as interested. Not sure how much there is to that (supposedly a Deco signing) and not saying we’ll get him, just that it sounds like a lot of clubs are looking at him right now.
-Girona apparently interested in loaning Pedrola and Torre. They’re the City group, so get the checkbook out when it comes to the loan fee. Better yet, we can just discount that off of Arnau Martinez’s fee.
-A lot of talk around Kessie. Rumors are that he isn’t interested in returning to Italy, but that the Premiership interests him. Another rumor is that Deco values him and he’s only sold if a big enough offer comes in. Also, Atleti are reportedly interested.
Are you guys still looking to get out of Raphina/Ferran this year?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Are you guys still looking to get out of Raphina/Ferran this year?

Yes, I think so. Last I saw on Torres was that he was staying. I think with Raphinha it’d take a big enough bid, but we’d be willing to sell. Issue with that is the player likely has zero interest in leaving.

I see Ceballos was renewed. Cuts into trimming your wage bill and I’m curious to see what Madrid do the rest of the Summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn't hear anything in Spain about this. Looks like a 100 too much to me considering he said he's all but gone
He actually said he wanted to stay. So Real would be taking the risk of another fiasco.

250 million for Mbappe is fair IMHO.

- Thomas Partey is rumoured to be heading to Khaleej FC (SA) and/or Juventus (amount is around 18 million, but that seems pretty low, I would think Arsenal would want at least 30 million for him)

- Axel Disasi is linked to Arsenal if the Timber transfer does not work out. Any thoughts @Evilo ?
Absolutely average CB. Maybe under average.

Reactions: S E P H

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yes, I think so. Last I saw on Torres was that he was staying. I think with Raphinha it’d take a big enough bid, but we’d be willing to sell. Issue with that is the player likely has zero interest in leaving.

I see Ceballos was renewed. Cuts into trimming your wage bill and I’m curious to see what Madrid do the rest of the Summer.
I think Modric/Kroos took a cut with a 1 year extension but haven’t seen numbers confirmed anywhere.

If the fee is true for Mbappe, with Ceballos being renewed I’m fully expecting Valverde to be potentially sold next summer.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Definitely smart of Chelsea to try to get that done before Rice can get stolen from Arsenal and the chain reaction is set in motion. Though it would be smart of the player and Brighton to wait and see how that plays out

Reactions: S E P H

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Definitely smart of Chelsea to try to get that done before Rice can get stolen from Arsenal and the chain reaction is set in motion. Though it would be smart of the player and Brighton to wait and see how that plays out
Yeah, no reason for Brighton to rush that.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is City really capable of hi-jacking Rice from arsenal?
I thought it was because Rice wanted to be a gunner and not just going to the highest bidder... so City throw money and now there is a battle of wages....
But where does Rice prefer to play?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's an athletic beast. Tall, strong and very, very fast. Comfortable on the ball. Inconsistent defending. Plays best in a high line.

He's kinda Süle-like in that his straight line speed is much more impressive than his quickness and athleticism. So if he's pointed in the right direction he can catch very fast attackers, but if he misreads a play he's going to be in trouble trying to recover. Tapsoba is much nimbler.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think Modric/Kroos took a cut with a 1 year extension but haven’t seen numbers confirmed anywhere.

If the fee is true for Mbappe, with Ceballos being renewed I’m fully expecting Valverde to be potentially sold next summer.

For starters, the fee for Mbappe is a joke. Madrid would be nuts to pay half of that much less 250 million. If they miss out on Mbappe they miss out on Mbappe. 250 million is way too much considering his contract situation and with their recruitment record the past few years they’ll be good without him. Mbappe isn’t the only player on the planet.

As for Valverde, I’d be move other players before him. Were I a Madridista I wouldn’t want Valverde sold at all.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They paid 100M for a rinsed hazard one year left on his contract. I think it won’t be 250 but not far off

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is City really capable of hi-jacking Rice from arsenal?
I thought it was because Rice wanted to be a gunner and not just going to the highest bidder... so City throw money and now there is a battle of wages....
But where does Rice prefer to play?
There are some rumours I read that Rice wants to stay in London and why Arsenal are the favourites, but maybe City is coming in with a bid to see if they can unsettle him even if it doesn't work?

- Arsenal is now linked with Mohamed Simakan, CB
- Nketiah is linked with a move to Fulham, Crystal Palace, or West Ham
- Tierney is linked with a move to Aston Villa

Reactions: LOGiK

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Reactions: bluesfan94

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
There are some rumours I read that Rice wants to stay in London and why Arsenal are the favourites, but maybe City is coming in with a bid to see if they can unsettle him even if it doesn't work?

Yeah, I figured just to mess with Arsenal more than land him... but what if?
City only has what, one more year of Pep and then who knows where from there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I’m not an Arsenal expert, but I’m getting a feeling that they might want Timber as a DM? Or maybe they see him in a double six? Maybe I’m crazy

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not sure how many times it needs to be said, but Hazard wasn’t already rinsed when Madrid signed him, he was coming off his best season at Chelsea.
"Rinsed player"

1687627775907.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, I figured just to mess with Arsenal more than land him... but what if?
City only has what, one more year of Pep and then who knows where from there.
If there is anybody on the earth who can unsettle a player, it is now Man City and Real Madrid. Throw Barca in there as well, but it seems they are making shrewd underrated signings instead of going after big fish under Xavi. The only one they've gone after was Lewandowski and Kuba was more inclined to want to go there than anywhere else.
I’m not an Arsenal expert, but I’m getting a feeling that they might want Timber as a DM? Or maybe they see him in a double six? Maybe I’m crazy
Arsenal has been buying quite a bit of depth CBs. We got Kiwior in the winter window and bought Auston Trusty in the summer of 2022. We still have Holding on the club and just sold Pablo Mari at the beginning of the window.

Remember though, there have been some links that Gabriel might be on his way out to PSG. I haven't seen them in about two weeks now so they might have died down, but it is a possibility to see it get rejuvenated in the future. It seems a lot of teams are trying to go after Kim Min-jae from Napoli. If one of the teams loses on him, they might circle around towards Gabriel. Or Arsenal sort of learned their lesson and need to increase depth in all positions to withstand EPL, FA, CL, International Breaks, and the coffee trophy tournament.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad