Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh I thought you meant they were trying to get many players.

I feel like PSG is trying to sell Donna to get either Costa or Maignan.

Nah, just listing all of the guys they've been linked to for the midfield. I think they'll grab 2, maybe 3 midfielders...with Nmecha & Alvarez looking like the favorites atm.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Between that and all the other shenanigans, I’ve lost my smile. This is a team that had everything and ownership was simply not interested in staying at the top. I pray that Klopp doesn’t get a heart attack from this, I wouldn’t have stayed on if I was him. If LFC aren’t back in top four next season they are going to nose dive and they will only have themselves to blame. They are not looking like they are going to have a summer to get them back in top four.
The problems at LFC started well before last summer. I am not sure who to blame (for not spending money), is it FSG not giving any money available, is it the recruiting team arrogance that have backed down on investing or (IMO) most likely on Klopp that decided that his team was sufficient enough. But one thing is clear in 2021 they needed to invest significantly more and sell some players too (keita and/or Ox)

The problem started the summer when first Wijnaldum left but also having injury prones players. They needed a revamp there a big shot to the arm after the catastrophic season in which by miracle they made it to the CL. They should have invested massively in midfield and defense. Instead they only got Konate. This was incredibly stupid to rely on injury prone players (Ox, Keita, Matip) and only signing one player and not starting refreashing the midfield. Yes they challenged on all fronts that year but the warts was showing already. They got Diaz in the winter which was a huge lift but not enough. Then last summer, they doubled down on their stupidity by again not investing or refreashing the midfield and the defense and they collapsed.

This is quite shocking that some portion of the fans are just realising it now.

And it's not about competing with Man City or Man United with their astronomic funds. It's just pure idiocy from the owner to the management to continue believing that Klopp can perform miracles with no depth.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
250 million for Mbappe is fair IMHO.

- Thomas Partey is rumoured to be heading to Khaleej FC (SA) and/or Juventus (amount is around 18 million, but that seems pretty low, I would think Arsenal would want at least 30 million for him)

- Axel Disasi is linked to Arsenal if the Timber transfer does not work out. Any thoughts @Evilo ?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not exciting in the least, but i trust RDZ and this Brightons staff to target the right players.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Their haggling over 8 million?

Stupid price as usual when you can find better players cheaper but their scouts are being lazy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The problems at LFC started well before last summer. I am not sure who to blame (for not spending money), is it FSG not giving any money available, is it the recruiting team arrogance that have backed down on investing or (IMO) most likely on Klopp that decided that his team was sufficient enough. But one thing is clear in 2021 they needed to invest significantly more and sell some players too (keita and/or Ox)

The problem started the summer when first Wijnaldum left but also having injury prones players. They needed a revamp there a big shot to the arm after the catastrophic season in which by miracle they made it to the CL. They should have invested massively in midfield and defense. Instead they only got Konate. This was incredibly stupid to rely on injury prone players (Ox, Keita, Matip) and only signing one player and not starting refreashing the midfield. Yes they challenged on all fronts that year but the warts was showing already. They got Diaz in the winter which was a huge lift but not enough. Then last summer, they doubled down on their stupidity by again not investing or refreashing the midfield and the defense and they collapsed.

This is quite shocking that some portion of the fans are just realising it now.

And it's not about competing with Man City or Man United with their astronomic funds. It's just pure idiocy from the owner to the management to continue believing that Klopp can perform miracles with no depth.
Too much hubris.

But yeah wasting at least half of the last four windows has ruined the team and left them with too much work to do. And it doesn’t seem like they have a great plan to get out of it. It’s a shame

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I dont even see the need.. you have essentially an upgraded version of mount in Bruno(both play high up as advanced midfielders)

Rashford-XXX-Athony
Bruno
Casemiro-XXX
Shaw-Lisandro-Varane-XXX
DDG?

What they really need is a striker and 2 midfielders who are defensively responsible. Followed by a CB plus a RB.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I dont even see the need.. you have essentially an upgraded version of mount in Bruno(both play high up as advanced midfielders)

Rashford-XXX-Athony
Bruno
Casemiro-XXX
Shaw-Lisandro-Varane-XXX
DDG?

What they really need is a striker and 2 midfielders who are defensively responsible. Followed by a CB plus a RB.
ETH is going to use him in Eriksens spot. Which is a similar as he was used under Tuchel when he won POTY IIRC. But I feel like we could find a better cheaper player to fill that role.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
My best guess is they want mount to take the Eriksen role, but I don’t think that’s his best position. And this team isn’t good or deep enough to spend 60-65M on a player to play him slightly out of position and hope it works like a team like City is.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mount was brilliant two years ago, but he has had negative value since then. I get that United probably think they can get him back to that level of form, but it is hilarious how much both clubs value him. I would be going after Gallagher at all costs if I were the Red Devils, superior player and superior target (who could be also way more available) even if both players aren't exactly the same.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Mount was brilliant two years ago, but he has had negative value since then. I get that United probably think they can get him back to that level of form, but it is hilarious how much both clubs value him. I would be going after Gallagher at all costs if I were the Red Devils, superior player and superior target (who could be also way more available) even if both players aren't exactly the same.
Gallagher is not a better player. He has had a better two seasons, but what Mount has shown over his career is technically superior to Gallagher.

I think you’d be buying a player with a known ceiling at a similar price.

I get the huge risks questioning as to whether or not if Mount’s form will return but yeah, it’s a more worthwhile risk.

Chelsea wanted essentially the same fee for each as well.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My issue with Mount remains the same. I don’t think he has a position. He’s a tweener and you need to have a very specific plan, and a very large commitment to make that work

Reactions: al secord

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Regarding Onana, Inter really wanted Vicario as his replacement. With Spurs bagging Vicario, any potential Onana deal will probably be delayed.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
there’s no argument for Gallagher being better than Mount. None whatsoever, even slightly, for a moment.

Gallagher is not a better player. He has had a better two seasons, but what Mount has shown over his career is technically superior to Gallagher.

I think you’d be buying a player with a known ceiling at a similar price.

I get the huge risks questioning as to whether or not if Mount’s form will return but yeah, it’s a more worthwhile risk.

Chelsea wanted essentially the same fee for each as well.
Hasn’t even had a better two seasons, Mount was better than Gally in 2021-22.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad