Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Onana to United picking up a decent amount of traction.
As far as I can tell, he’s the only goalkeeper on the market who can make a save and pass the ball at a CL level?

Everyone else seems to be deficient one way or another.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BVB have been linked to: Goretzka, Gundogan, Vega, Caqueret, Zaire-Emery, Güler, Simons, Le Fee, Hjulmand, Rovella, Zubimendi, Gallagher, Nmecha & Alvarez...but the latter two seem the most likely atm

Guessing we see something like:

Adeyemi/Bynoe Gittens* - Haller/Moukoko* - Malen/Duranville*
Brandt/Reus - Nmecha/Reyna
Alvarez/Can/Özcan
Bensebaini/Rothe - Schlotterbeck** - Süle/Hummels - Fresneda/Ryersen/Wolf
Köbel/Lotka

*Brunner
**Collins / Coulibaly / new signing​
Le Fee already signed with Rennes.
Rumor is that Enrique wants Simons back and had him on the phone.

As far as I can tell, he’s the only goalkeeper on the market who can make a save and pass the ball at a CL level?

Donnarumma is rumored to be on the block.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Le Fee already signed with Rennes.
Rumor is that Enrique wants Simons back and had him on the phone.

Donnarumma is rumored to be on the block.

Ilkay has also signed with Barca, but they were linked to both of them at one point this summer. My point was that they've been linked to everyone, but Nmecha & Alvarez seem to be the top two targets atm.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sounds like Leipzig are close to wrapping up Carvahlo & Güler. With Sesko & Baumgartner already done, and Openda sounding pretty far along, they seem to be ready for Szobo to follow Nkunku out the door.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

Vivell is a big Szobo fan and there have been rumors Chelsea will try and sign an AM with both Mount and Havertz leaving, though it is down the list of priorities

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Diogo Costa is available. Might be a little raw, but his upside is as high as most anyone right now. He may not be as good as Onana now but I think he would be a better long term signing. Either of those two would be fine signings to me.

Maignan is also available I’m pretty sure and he’d be a great option too. Plus Raya who’s solid, but not as good an option as the others mentioned. Overall I think the goalie market isn’t actually that bad.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ilkay has also signed with Barca, but they were linked to both of them at one point this summer. My point was that they've been linked to everyone, but Nmecha & Alvarez seem to be the top two targets atm.
Oh I thought you meant they were trying to get many players.

Diogo Costa is available. Might be a little raw, but his upside is as high as most anyone right now. He may not be as good as Onana now but I think he would be a better long term signing. Either of those two would be fine signings to me.

Maignan is also available I’m pretty sure and he’d be a great option too. Plus Raya who’s solid, but not as good an option as the others mentioned. Overall I think the goalie market isn’t actually that bad.
I feel like PSG is trying to sell Donna to get either Costa or Maignan.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I feel like PSG is trying to sell Donna to get either Costa or Maignan.
I really want Costa at United. But it doesn’t seem likely unfortunately. Would potentially solve the position for the next decade. But Onana is still a very solid option.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

There's always Raya. Brentford are screwing themselves over by setting a high price. It made Spurs pivot entirely. They've already signed Flekken which makes Raya irrelevant to them so they should be desperate to offload him this summer.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I once had some hopes for Cirjan, but injuries have done him dirty. Hoping he puts together a great season and forces himself back into the picture, even if only raising his resale value. Ah, there's a buy option, so hopefully he plays well enough that that's exercised.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

I once had some hopes for Cirjan, but injuries have done him dirty. Hoping he puts together a great season and forces himself back into the picture, even if only raising his resale value.

He's got some issues between the ears too. He thought he was too good to play for our U20s... Ends up on an above average squad in our league, serves him right.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I do not understand why Madrid would pay that fee if they can have him sign a pre-contract in six months.

Like I get paying a fee, just not that fee.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I do not understand why Madrid would pay that fee if they can have him sign a pre-contract in six months.

Like I get paying a fee, just not that fee.
Certainty of getting the player, I guess.

Once it becomes a bidding war, a club like City could throw insane money at Mbappé and as much as he is rumored to want to go to Madrid, he'll take the bag (as he should).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's more sarcasm because apparently they are monitoring (as per journos) 30+ players.
There are a couple of factors at play with LFC summer.

They got Alexis in early, which is great, but the news has not been positive since. All the reports have LFC doing one of two things.

1. They are shopping at the top of the market (Barella, Gvardiol, etc) and then getting surprised about how expensive they are being quoted for those players and not acting; which is par for the course honestly under this regime

2. All their primary targets are at u21 and have been told to wait until after the tournament to make a move; which isn’t unreasonable but then we get back to point 1 where more teams and more bids have the opportunity to come in, which probably puts said players out of FSG’s arbitrary price range.

Also we keep running into the issue deriving from point 1 and 2 being - are LFC trying to get the best players or the best best perceived bargains? It’s been much more of the former than the latter since LFC won the UCL, so again there isn’t a whole lot of evidence to suggest the contrary. LFC came two results away from winning a quadruple last season and followed it up with one of the worst summer transfer windows of all time for a team at that status. It’s already starting again this summer as we went to three midfielders, Alexis, Thuram AND Kone to now Thuram OR Kone. Feels like it will be two instead of three either way. And I have problems with this too

Yes LFC got Alexis in early, but since then all the links have been to players whose best position is the same as Alexis best position. They walked backwards into midfield Trent and I wouldn’t necessarily say that Alexis (or any of their other targets) are going to best complement that. They are going to have to over rely on Fabinho (who may or may not have legs left) and Bajcetic (who is coming off of a really bad injury) because they don’t have, and aren’t really shopping for anyone else to play those roles. They need a LCB but all of the defenders they’ve been linked with are RCB (Timber who isn’t happening, Pavard, etc) except for Mickey van de Ven who is going to cost a ton and may not be ready to play next season. I honestly just don’t see any coherent strategy here. Between that and all the other shenanigans, I’ve lost my smile. This is a team that had everything and ownership was simply not interested in staying at the top. I pray that Klopp doesn’t get a heart attack from this, I wouldn’t have stayed on if I was him. If LFC aren’t back in top four next season they are going to nose dive and they will only have themselves to blame. They are not looking like they are going to have a summer to get them back in top four.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad