Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There was a lot more disfunction at Chelsea last year than just Havertz - maybe having him (and everyone) play under 3 managers, one of which they previously fired and then re-hired as interim, was not a great idea.

I would have liked the fee to be lower, but this is one "reject" that I'm confident will be far better at Arsenal than the Chelsea circus.
What was his excuse the year before? He wasn't any better last season than this season, he's been riding on the CL winning goal for 2 years while contributing very little overall.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What was his excuse the year before? He wasn't any better last season than this season, he's been riding on the CL winning goal for 2 years while contributing very little overall.
Right, his time at Chelsea was a complete disappointment. It's not like Mount where he was voted the club's best player twice, and then had a down season.

Reactions: Blender

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Apparently Madrid is trying to sign Arda Guler, but the hold up is Guler doesn't want to be loaned back for a year after being bought.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lyon is in need of cash and is willing to sell Lukeba who wants to play european football anyway.
Rumored price is 35M, which is a HUGE bargain given that he's so good AND left footed.
Leipzig is already calling, but probably others too.

OMG that play was AMAZING.

And that's a great save by the italian goalie.

Yeah they started getting linked to him last week by German sources.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Tonali is good. Not sure about the price or whether Newcastle is the ideal spot for him.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Tonali is going to make a lot of people here eat crow. I used to think he was overrated because of the Pirlo connection (position, looks, Brescia) but watching him quite a lot these last 2 years at Milan he's one of the classiest midfielders in the game. His ability to pass and cross is Trentesque and even though he doesn't seem to hustle all that much defensively he makes up for it with his positioning. I think him, Guimaraes and Joelinton will complement each other quite nicely.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Marcus Thuram to Milan seems likely, and Felix Nmecha to Dortmund is gaining steam.
Falk has suggested Dortmund interest in Gallagher a few times.

I would imagine that’s an end of window transfer/loan if anything.

He wants to stay badly and Chelsea’s turnover is huge. Feel like he probably will stay and be content with a bench role, but who knows.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

He wants to stay badly and Chelsea’s turnover is huge. Feel like he probably will stay and be content with a bench role, but who knows.
I think sending Gallagher off sends a terrible message myself. We had very few players last season that put in a consistent effort, and he was one of them. He has flaws but is young and developing still, and the club needs a few workhorses.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

BVB have been linked to: Goretzka, Gundogan, Vega, Caqueret, Zaire-Emery, Güler, Simons, Le Fee, Hjulmand, Rovella, Zubimendi, Gallagher, Nmecha & Alvarez...but the latter two seem the most likely atm

Guessing we see something like:

Adeyemi/Bynoe Gittens* - Haller/Moukoko* - Malen/Duranville*
Brandt/Reus - Nmecha/Reyna
Alvarez/Can/Özcan
Bensebaini/Rothe - Schlotterbeck** - Süle/Hummels - Fresneda/Ryersen/Wolf
Köbel/Lotka

*Brunner
**Collins / Coulibaly / new signing​

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra and Peen

Ad

Upcoming events