Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You’ll pay just as much (or very close to it) for Caicedo and get a worse player.
I prefer Rice myself, but I don't think the drop to Caciedo (or SMS) is as big as you're making it out to be. I would take Rice over Caciedo and Mount at the 100 million price, but I would take Caciedo at 100 than Rice at 130 and I would try to unsettle Valverde/Pedri/Gavi at anything more than 130.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nah mate, you can’t think that way. You buy based on your needs and not trying to block other clubs. City were fine selling to rivals and still won the treble.

As for Rice to City, I think City could well be interested considering the players they’re losing this Summer. Still, I think Rice would prefer Arsenal and staying in London.
They were totally fine with letting Jesus go because they bought Haaland (that is an improvement by a million percent). Zinchenko was a big loss for them, but half-backs are easy to replace and aren't super significant on the pitch.

Rice would make losing Gundogan and Silva irrelevant and make City better easily.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The reported figures for Caicedo with the Chelsea deal seemed to be 70 guaranteed with 10-15 in add ons.

It’s not the same as what Rice will go for.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Man City is offering the same total and installments as Arsenal. Just their add-ons are apparently more realistic.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

I am genuinely curious to see where this goes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
They were totally fine with letting Jesus go because they bought Haaland (that is an improvement by a million percent). Zinchenko was a big loss for them, but half-backs are easy to replace and aren't super significant on the pitch.

Rice would make losing Gundogan and Silva irrelevant and make City better easily.

The point is they were fine letting them go within the same league. As for fullbacks not being significant, I’m not going to go there. Only thing I’ll say is they also disregarded Gomez early on and also loaned out Cancelo, but that’s beside the point. Point is you don’t buy a player to keep your rival from getting them. You buy a player because you think he’ll improve your side.

Rice absolutely would not making losing both Gundogan and Silva irrelevant and would not make City better than they were with the other two. That said he’s a player they could genuinely use and should genuinely consider signing this Summer.

Probably would be just Yusuf Demir part two.

Depends on what you mean by that, but generally I don’t see it that way. I think Guler would struggle for minutes if he wasn’t loaned out, but I think he looks notably better than Demir.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Depends on what you mean by that, but generally I don’t see it that way. I think Guler would struggle for minutes if he wasn’t loaned out, but I think he looks notably better than Demir.

Yeah, I meant he probably wouldn't get a real chance to start and prove himself, so I'd rather see Barca buy an older player to sit on the bench and get late sub minutes. They have enough young/youngish players as it is.

Save your money for a big purchase when Lewansowski leaves/is done.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I have the same feeling with Fresneda, he's mean and good defensively but on the offensive side of things he looked a bit overwhelmed in La Liga last year. If we're paying 20m I'd rather have a right back that can help us now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I meant he probably wouldn't get a real chance to start and prove himself, so I'd rather see Barca buy an older player to sit on the bench and get late sub minutes. They have enough young/youngish players as it is.

Save your money for a big purchase when Lewansowski leaves/is done.

Well the first order of business would be selling someone, but even if we did we‘d like have at least Dembele and he’s not a kid. Guler’s age doesn’t concern me.

He’d cost very little though and we could probably move him on for a profit in the end. We may have already made the move for when Lewandowski is done anyway.

I have the same feeling with Fresneda, he's mean and good defensively but on the offensive side of things he looked a bit overwhelmed in La Liga last year. If we're paying 20m I'd rather have a right back that can help us now.

Well a RB with a pulse can help us now. I think Cancelo on the right wages would be smart and then one of Fresneda or Martinez.

Reactions: luiginb

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ndicka from Frankfurt to As Roma is a bit surprising to me, I thought he was heading to Premier league and could have fetched better salary there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ndicka from Frankfurt to As Roma is a bit surprising to me, I thought he was heading to Premier league and could have fetched better salary there.
Meh, I’d rather live in Roma

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon is in need of cash and is willing to sell Lukeba who wants to play european football anyway.
Rumored price is 35M, which is a HUGE bargain given that he's so good AND left footed.
Leipzig is already calling, but probably others too.

OMG that play was AMAZING.

And that's a great save by the italian goalie.

Reactions: Gecklund

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I’ve let you keep repeating this but I never said that. That was Blender. Re-read the entire thread.

What I had been doing prior to you chiming in was posting twitter links of updates.

You are frankly just incapable of having a discussion without lying or creating strawmen. A majority of your responses have made false claims or you reading a post where I said X and then you restating it in your own words with quotations to attack it.

That’s the reason I switched to just mocking you. And now I’ll be blocking you.

I’ve been consistent in this thread. I guessed Havertz fee would land at 60+. I guessed Chelsea and United would find an agreement in the middle around 55+. I always thought a fee for Mendy would land in the 15ish range.

I just hate Ziyech but I understand why he is garnering a fee.

The only one that still does not make sense to me is the reported fee for Koulibaly. His wages are astronomical (again - this does not matter for Saudi but frankly he was not going to return this otherwise). He seemingly was unwilling to take a big wage cut by early indications. So the market was essentially dead and he was going to go into the season as 5th/6th choice.
Not that you'll see it apparently, but kudos to you for switching to mocking me rather than just saying "actually that was Blender" in the 10 other responses you had for me. It was definitely constructive to the conversation to save that as your smoking gun rather than just point it out originally. Seems very mature.

Even when I was referring back to Blender's comment, I gave you my thought process and I'm not sure what strawman you could be referring to besides me accidentally mixing up 2 Chelsea fans. And to top it all off, based on what I posted earlier and the bottom of your post, we essentially agree on Ziyech and KK, but disagree on Mendy's valuation.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

Azpi makes sense for Inter. ITKs have suggested Azpi would be allowed to leave for free as a thank you for his service. And Inter is broke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad