Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lmao United in dead last by far with a -124mil. Really sucked that well dry the Glazers have.

Does that also include directors salaries that all the owners are taking too? Or is it just direct dividends?

Also I'm doubting it includes interest on the debt that was added to help the Glazers buy the team which is undoubtedly a negative owner investment.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I am still furious until he proves me otherwise, the good thing is that I am open-minded so I have no problems changing my tune or saying I am wrong. It is just super weird to me that Arsenal thinks he's the "answer" out of all players and options available. I am not saying to go back in for Vlahovic, but you can do better than Kai. Hell, I rather spend 120 million using Lavia money and try to unsettle Osimhen instead of paying anything more than 50 million for Havertz which it seems it is heading towards. But what can I do? So, I gotta hope they know what they're doing instead.
That's actually an interesting thought exercise

Lavia + Havertz vs Osimhen + youth academy/free

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's actually an interesting thought exercise

Lavia + Havertz vs Osimhen + youth academy/free
It might be a weird analogy, but however wealthy Arsenal is, they never spend a ton of money. Maybe 100 million in one transfer window, but that's pretty much it. No way they would spend around 200+ in a single window if the transfers were Timber (50), Osimhen (100), Rice (100), and Lavia (40), granted we get 100 million back from sales, that is still 190 million for those four. That's why I had to exclude someone from the shortlist until Arsenal provides a window where they spend a ton.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I am still furious until he proves me otherwise, the good thing is that I am open-minded so I have no problems changing my tune or saying I am wrong. It is just super weird to me that Arsenal thinks he's the "answer" out of all players and options available. I am not saying to go back in for Vlahovic, but you can do better than Kai. Hell, I rather spend 120 million using Lavia money and try to unsettle Osimhen instead of paying anything more than 50 million for Havertz which it seems it is heading towards. But what can I do? So, I gotta hope they know what they're doing instead.
Vlahovic and Osimhen play different positions than where Arteta is thinking of playing Havertz.

It might be a weird analogy, but however wealthy Arsenal is, they never spend a ton of money. Maybe 100 million in one transfer window, but that's pretty much it. No way they would spend around 200+ in a single window if the transfers were Timber (50), Osimhen (100), Rice (100), and Lavia (40), granted we get 100 million back from sales, that is still 190 million for those four. That's why I had to exclude someone from the shortlist until Arsenal provides a window where they spend a ton.
They spent 130M last summer and 160M the summer before.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don’t think the finishing will ever get there and I do wonder about that if your two most frequent box players are Jesus and Havertz.
The lack of goals form the position is my main concern. We got a lot of goals form the midfield and wingers this past season. I was hoping a secondary striking option would be a more dangerous finisher to give us a different look when Jesus is injured or not bagging the goals.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Vlahovic and Osimhen play different positions than where Arteta is thinking of playing Havertz.

They spent 130M last summer and 160M the summer before.
I'm talking about a Man United/City/PSG/Madrid sort of 200+ window without a ton of sales. We all agree that Arsenal has some solid players to sell this season and will recoup a lot of funds.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The 25-year-old, who has been capped 10 times by France, has agreed a six-year contract, which will begin on 1 July.

'I am incredibly happy to be joining Chelsea,' said Nkunku. 'A big effort was made to bring me to the club and I am looking forward to meeting my new coach and teammates and showing the Chelsea supporters what I can do on the pitch.

'Having played in Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga, I now want to play in the Premier League, one of the strongest leagues in the world. I am very excited for this challenge and will be proud to wear the Chelsea shirt.'

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bosman

I’m sure this here will be a totally normal transfer though:

That’s the most suspect of all them by far considering CHO isn’t a household name and hasn’t done anything in a long time. The achilles injury destroyed him.

Maybe they just see these guys as easy targets because no one else will match their wages (or better yet increase them) so they can easily get these guys.

But… there are better options than CHO - essentially anyone lol.

He doesn’t really tick any of the boxes that the established big name muslim players do. Or young exciting talent.

Frankly this would be a great move for him. That injury destroyed his chance of getting a big pay day down the line and if there is one here for him, he should take it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
CHO would be an interesting target for Saudi. I could easily see him doing well against lesser competition and getting big wages out of it. Injuries have really destroyed what looked like a promising career. Who knows if he's open to it, but he probably should seriously consider it for the money since he probably can't bank on a long career with significant wages.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't blame anyone for giving into the Saudi money. It takes some of these players from rich to generational wealth.

Sucks to see it coming to this, but I get it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That’s the most suspect of all them by far considering CHO isn’t a household name and hasn’t done anything in a long time. The achilles injury destroyed him.

Maybe they just see these guys as easy targets because no one else will match their wages (or better yet increase them) so they can easily get these guys.

But… there are better options than CHO - essentially anyone lol.

He doesn’t really tick any of the boxes that the established big name muslim players do. Or young exciting talent.

Frankly this would be a great move for him. That injury destroyed his chance of getting a big pay day down the line and if there is one here for him, he should take it.
Whether it’s a good move or not is irrelevant. What’s relevant is if Saudi League is going to pay a fee for a guy coming off a failed loan spell, when no one else in Europe would pay a transfer fee. Because PIF and Boehly are in bed with each other

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't blame anyone for giving into the Saudi money. It takes some of these players from rich to generational wealth.

Sucks to see it coming to this, but I get it.
I don't think many actually will take it. The mega stars will get massive checks, so they might. The players that are Muslim or from around that part of the world will, but I'm not sure the average European player will.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Whether it’s a good move or not is irrelevant. What’s relevant is if Saudi League is going to pay a fee for a guy coming off a failed loan spell, when no one else in Europe would pay a transfer fee. Because PIF and Boehly are in bed with each other

I'm pretty sure there would be a bunch of championship teams that would buy him if they could afford his wages but he makes too much for them all. So they need to find a league that is willing to pay his wages and the Suadi league seems like that's no issue. It wouldn't be to dissimilar to guys going to Turkey or Russia in the past because they paid higher wages. Now Russia is out because the war and Turkey had the Earthquake and ex Chelsea player Atsu was killed so probably scared off most not Eastern Europeans. We haven't even seen what type of transfer fees have been mentioned for him or even Ziyech or Koulibaly to see if it's just money laundering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad