Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure there would be a bunch of championship teams that would buy him if they could afford his wages but he makes too much for them all. So they need to find a league that is willing to pay his wages and the Suadi league seems like that's no issue. It wouldn't be to dissimilar to guys going to Turkey or Russia in the past because they paid higher wages. Now Russia is out because the war and Turkey had the Earthquake and ex Chelsea player Atsu was killed so probably scared off most not Eastern Europeans. We haven't even seen what type of transfer fees have been mentioned for him or even Ziyech or Koulibaly to see if it's just money laundering.
You are missing the point. Clearlake isn’t in bed with Galatasaray or Zenit. They are in bed with the Saudi League. This is financial doping. And even when people were making those Turkey / Russia league moves they were generally cut rate moves or loans. That is not what is happening here.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You are missing the point. Clearlake isn’t in bed with Galatasaray or Zenit. They are in bed with the Saudi League. This is financial doping. And even when people were making those Turkey / Russia league moves they were generally cut rate moves or loans. That is not what is happening here.

I don't see how it's financial doping when they are going to sell Koulibaly for a loss, Ziyech less than what they paid for him as well. Even if they do sell CHO it isn't going to be for a big amount. The main thing is clearing the salaries off the books which is what those loans did.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
If the basis of “in bed with” and “financial doping” is that the PIF is an investor in Clearlake, then I’d suggest that Chelsea and Zenit were far more “in bed” given that Zenit’s main sponsor was Abramovich’s company.

Reactions: KingLB

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think many actually will take it. The mega stars will get massive checks, so they might. The players that are Muslim or from around that part of the world will, but I'm not sure the average European player will.
I don't know where Neves fits into all this. Reports are saying his salary is going from 3 million pounds to 10 or 15. That is a massive jump.

You are definitely right, not every players is going to take the money.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't see how it's financial doping when they are going to sell Koulibaly for a loss, Ziyech less than what they paid for him as well. Even if they do sell CHO it isn't going to be for a big amount. The main thing is clearing the salaries off the books which is what those loans did.
Again, because no one else was going to give them any fee. It’s inflating their players own transfer values because they are selling to themselves. Getting a fee for a guy that they’d probably have to loan out to get rid of anywhere else is doping. Juventus was under investigation (and we docked points) for inflating transfer fees. We will see what happens here. This is worse than what Juventus did

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I’m just as mad that that greasy prick Boehly and Chelsea are getting bailed out of their own billion dollar splurge by Saudi oil bucks, but you can’t prove the quid pro quo here. All you can do is confirm priors and I, too, think Chelsea is a soulless husk of a club. Unfortunately that counts for nothing lol

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Again, because no one else was going to give them any fee. It’s inflating their players own transfer values because they are selling to themselves. Getting a fee for a guy that they’d probably have to loan out to get rid of anywhere else is doping. Juventus was under investigation (and we docked points) for inflating transfer fees. We will see what happens here. This is worse than what Juventus did

Didn't they just pay 10M and full wages to loan in Felix for 6 months? Were they and Athletico financial doping with that deal? A lot of loans there's a loan fee involved, not as much as a full transfer would be, so it's not like they sent those players out for nothing. I'm sure they could loan Koulibaly to teams in Italy for a few million the next few years till his contract ends or just dump him now for a loss and move on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Didn't they just pay 10M and full wages to loan in Felix for 6 months? Were they and Athletico financial doping with that deal? A lot of loans there's a loan fee involved, not as much as a full transfer would be, so it's not like they sent those players out for nothing. I'm sure they could loan Koulibaly to teams in Italy for a few million the next few years till his contract ends or just dump him now for a loss and move on.
This is not at all related.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Harry Maguire and £200M gets it done.
Maguire actually might be able to do well at a place like West Ham where he's not expected to cover nearly as much ground.

Granted he doesn't add anything to an offer, but it's the type of place he might be able to rehab his form a bit at.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Maguire actually might be able to do well at a place like West Ham where he's not expected to cover nearly as much ground.

Granted he doesn't add anything to an offer, but it's the type of place he might be able to rehab his form a bit at.
Yeah, joking mostly. I honestly wouldn’t even mind his inclusion. They won’t pay him anywhere near what United is though, so would come down to how much he wants to play. And as you said, there’s no real value there as far as the fee would go.

A lot of the reporting has said Rice only wants Arsenal, but I wonder if United gets Mount if the BFF thing changes his mind.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

In which actual journalists talked to actual experts and SHOCKER their conclusion was precisely, almost verbatim, what I've been saying through this entire thread.

Reactions: Peen

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

In which actual journalists talked to actual experts and SHOCKER their conclusion was precisely, almost verbatim, what I've been saying through this entire thread.
Are we sure PIF isn’t invested in a the Athletic/NYT? :naughty:

For that matter, how much are they paying YOU Wee Baby Seamus?! Don’t fight it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad