Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not that I agree with Havertz being a joke, but Odegaard was one of the best players in Spain for Sociedad for 2 years before we loaned him in and then bought him. Havertz showed that kind of talent in Germany, but hasn't shown much at club level for 2+ years.

Also, we paid ~40M for Odegaard. I'd be comfortable giving that much for Havertz too, but Chelsea's current asking price is insane.
Odegaard had a poor year in Madrid after his stint at in La real. IIRC. POint stands though their not the same.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Odegaard had a poor year in Madrid after his stint at in La real. IIRC. POint stands though their not the same.
Fair point. I couldn't remember if he played poorly or just didn't get any chance with Madrid for 6 months before getting loaned to us. But he was never going to get a chance with the options Madrid already had in midfield.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Fair point. I couldn't remember if he played poorly or just didn't get any chance with Madrid for 6 months before getting loaned to us. But he was never going to get a chance with the options Madrid already had in midfield.
That was always going to be the case. PLus it was low risk for Arsenal loan to prove himself then a buy. As opposed to dumping 50M on Kai. If im Arsenal id trust Arteta enough but I wouldnt like the move outright. Other players could be had for cheaper.

Reactions: maclean and KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
That was always going to be the case. PLus it was low risk for Arsenal loan to prove himself then a buy. As opposed to dumping 50M on Kai. If im Arsenal id trust Arteta enough but I wouldnt like the move outright. Other players could be had for cheaper.
No better duo than Arsenal and a technical forward that can't finish.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
There's Dybala who would thrive under Arteta barring injuries... 12 million is absolutely worth it. Another thats way more expensive but more proven is Osmineh.
Wouldn't hate either of those options. Dybala would be good cheap competition for Jesus. And I've said before that if you're going to spend serious cash on a 9 then go all in on Osimhen or otherwise just trust Jesus and spend that money on the midfield / defense.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

For what it’s worth this guy is a mouthpiece for Brighton front office and was the one saying nothing was happening with Alexis and that he would cost double what LFC actually paid.

Chelsea will prob pay like 75 and Gallagher and maybe loan Colwill another year

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Andy Naylor is a knob

He has an agreement to leave. They aren’t going to get Bellingham or Rice money

Given what Gordon and Phillips have gone for recently, if Gallagher is included, that will be for a fairly decent valuation.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Chelsea should call it a day and accept that. Asking for more is lunacy
I'd rather keep him and see if we can resolve the contract situation (it's all been very silly because it really seems as if they haven't been that far apart) then sell him for less than a premium. I think the asking price is so high because they think there's still a decent chance of a resolution - and a Mount under contract they would never sell for less than 100m.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea should call it a day and accept that. Asking for more is lunacy
They’re getting £33.4 for Kovacic. Gordon at 40, Phillips at 50. I don’t know. I’m not blind to the one year left and dead relationship bw the player and club but I think something in the mid-high 50s is probably “fair”

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Please, outbid us Bayern. For the love of God outbid us! As @KJS14 mentioned, I have no problem signing Kai if it was closer to his actual value of being a 40-million-pound player, but Chelsea wanting 80 million is effin' hilarious.

Supposedly Arsenal had an 80 million pound bid rejected for Rice and will come in with a 100 million pound bid. I much rather pay 100 million for Rice than Dodgers Blood Money FC doing the same amount for Caceido. Then Arsenal can trigger the buy-out clause for Zubimendi and we lit.

Reactions: maclean and KJS14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad