Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Please, outbid us Bayern. For the love of God outbid us! As @KJS14 mentioned, I have no problem signing Kai if it was closer to his actual value of being a 40-million-pound player, but Chelsea wanting 80 million is effin' hilarious.

Supposedly Arsenal had an 80 million pound bid rejected for Rice and will come in with a 100 million pound bid. I much rather pay 100 million for Rice than Dodgers Blood Money FC doing the same amount for Caceido. Then Arsenal can trigger the buy-out clause for Zubimendi and we lit.
Please no. Bayern needs an actual striker. While they could work a false nine set-up, they'll run into some of the same issues they ran into this past-season and that the NT does--far too easy to bottle up their attack in the space between the defensive and mid-lines where all their attacking threats like to play and force them to play from the wings. He'd be better as the 10, but already have Musiala and Müller and one would have to think they'll be looking at Wirtz next summer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Please no. Bayern needs an actual striker. While they could work a false nine set-up, they'll run into some of the same issues they ran into this past-season and that the NT does--far too easy to bottle up their attack in the space between the defensive and mid-lines where all their attacking threats like to play and force them to play from the wings. He'd be better as the 10, but already have Musiala and Müller and one would have to think they'll be looking at Wirtz next summer.
Honestly, if there is a club that can use Kai the most, it is Liverpool. They were the most successful with a false 9 Firmino and since he's gone, they replaced him with Nunez, who was definitely a dud in his first EPL season and is not a false 9 himself (still has immense potential though). Arsenal's best players are on the wings which could use a false 9, but I think Gabriel already fits that bill to a degree and is already better than Havertz at almost everything except finishing.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Honestly, if there is a club that can use Kai the most, it is Liverpool. They were the most successful with a false 9 Firmino and since he's gone, they replaced him with Nunez, who was definitely a dud in his first EPL season and is not a false 9 himself (still has immense potential though). Arsenal's best players are on the wings which could use a false 9, but I think Gabriel already fits that bill to a degree and is already better than Havertz at almost everything except finishing.
Firmino has been replaced by Gakpo as the false 9 guy

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It might have worked with Nagelsmann still there, as he had success with it previously, but I also sometimes just question the viability of it when not playing against certain types of opponents--teams that play with lower blocks and disciplined lines are just going to concede the possession and movement and unless you can string some nice passing sequences together you're going to be stuck with wing and cross play to break through it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That role belongs to Gakpo now. Everyone is pretty happy about it. Kai is all yours

That's after they signed him to be a midfield bloke...
They signed him as a left winger and Darwin and a striker and realized they were better in each others positions. Funny how that worked out

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LFC have two players for Firmino role (Gakpo, Jota) and one to have a different type of striker (Nunez) no need to have another striker even less to drop a significant amount at it when the midfield has been awful.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC have two players for Firmino role (Gakpo, Jota) and one to have a different type of striker (Nunez) no need to have another striker even less to drop a significant amount at it when the midfield has been awful.
I still would take another forward. Would like Barcola

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That is luxury signing. Fix the midfield and defense first
Of course, but they also have no one that can play on the right besides Salah and maybe Harvey Elliott. Team has a lot of holes

Are we sure this guy is better than Broja?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Tonali and Barella are not remotely what we need but both are class so idk. Barella could be a fun match with Enzo, but we’d still need a 6.

I honestly want us to just roll with Broja in September.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Of course, but they also have no one that can play on the right besides Salah and maybe Harvey Elliott. Team has a lot of holes
As I said, give me Güler at the ridiculous price of 17M as rumored and you have the alternative and eventual replacement to Mo Salah.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Are we sure this guy is better than Broja?

We all knew that would happen with Broja. Same old, same old.

West Ham sniffed around him last season, hope they go back in for him.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Kyle Walker could be moving to Bayern. Huge loss for City if true. He is one of the best defensive RB in the world.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Kyle Walker could be moving to Bayern. Huge loss for City if true. He is one of the best defensive RB in the world.
not for the way Pep wants to play apparently.

Don’t see a spot in the top clubs. He should go to Spain or Italy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As I said, give me Güler at the ridiculous price of 17M as rumored and you have the alternative and eventual replacement to Mo Salah.
Guler would be another Carvalho here. No position no path to minutes

We all knew that would happen with Broja. Same old, same old.

West Ham sniffed around him last season, hope they go back in for him.
Shiny new toys

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Guler would be another Carvalho here. No position no path to minutes

Shiny new toys
He is WAY better than Carvalho and he is taylor made to play Salah's role. You just mentioned you wanted a forward to play on the right side and Güler is exactly that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is WAY better than Carvalho and he is taylor made to play Salah's role. You just mentioned you wanted a forward to play on the right side and Güler is exactly that.
I mean I’ll watch more but I didn’t see it when I watched

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Really don't understand anyone contemplating meeting Chelsea's price for Havertz. As some of the Gooners here have said, they should be looking elsewhere.

Anyone who thinks Barella will be cheap should start pinching their pennies. Inter might need some cash, not entirely sure, but I think he just signed an extension with them and I would think he'd be upwards of 30% more than some of the figures I'm seeing. What's probably the biggest obstacle though, does the player want to swap Italy for say Newcastle (no disrespect to Newcastle).

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Really don't understand anyone contemplating meeting Chelsea's price for Havertz. As some of the Gooners here have said, they should be looking elsewhere.

Anyone who thinks Barella will be cheap should start pinching their pennies. Inter might need some cash, not entirely sure, but I think he just signed an extension with them and I would think he'd be upwards of 30% more than some of the figures I'm seeing. What's probably the biggest obstacle though, does the player want to swap Italy for say Newcastle (no disrespect to Newcastle).
Inter need cash badly, they’re in a terrible financial state (even with the UCL money).

Reactions: les Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad