Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He’s already showed at this early stage in his career that he’s one of few englishmen who thrives in a foreign country so i think it’s safe to say he won’t flop at least.
I think its better for everyone that he went abroad and decided to stay abroad. The English media and fans are slightly removed from his development that way.

Also all of England can unite in supporting him now. If he chose any team in England a subsection of the fans would automatically resort to hating him.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I think its better for everyone that he went abroad and decided to stay abroad. The English media and fans are slightly removed from his development that way.

Also all of England can unite in supporting him now. If he chose any team in England a subsection of the fans would automatically resort to hating him.

It could very well turn out to be a Sancho-situation if he’d come back home now. The english media will for sure heat up the treatment of him in a big club like Real but it’s still abroad yes.

It’s good for England since their midfield will not have any rivalry between them. Rice in Arsenal (hopefully) and Bellingham in Real. Not exactly a Scholes and Gerrard-situation.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think he’s a solid player and I’m all for him if Ten Hag thinks he’s a fit. But he’s in the last year of his contract and apparently doesn’t intend to sign with Chelsea.

So the idea teams should pay 60/70m for him is crazy. They have no leverage. And he’s not Kane with Spurs, who is a club legend and they have to basically say 100m or we’ll keep him to save face.

It still doesn’t mean United won’t do it. They’re dumb as shit so it’s still possible.
My guess is the deal splits the 70/40 difference in the mid 50s.

It’s one of those ones where Mount’s had a lot of time off after being run into the ground. He could very well return to what he was 18 months ago, but this isn’t a safe buy unlike what Alexis was for Liverpool.

I think if you’re in ETH’s shoes, this is a player who statistically outperformed Antony in the same league on a worse team. He’s had multiple seasons being far more productive in the PL. He’s versatile and wants to come.

I can see why he’s pushing. It’s just risky for all parties.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Seems West Ham rejected an 80 million pound bid from Arsenal to Rice. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Also, Arsenal is linked with Samuel Chukwueze from Villarreal.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

We can confirm the departures of Arnaut Danjuma and Clement Lenglet following the conclusion of their loan spells with us.

Defender Clement joined us last summer from Barcelona and made 35 appearances in all competitions, scoring once.

Forward Arnaut arrived in January from Villarreal CF and played 12 times for us, scoring twice.

As previously announced, Lucas Moura also departs the Club this summer following the conclusion of his contract.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So mad Chelsea is getting a free run.
I think they were always going to have the upper hand. RDZ and the Brighton staff want Colwill permanently and it's their main goal of the summer. We got to appease Chelsea a little bit.

Would have been nice if Arsenal stayed in the race but it was going to be a long shot.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
if Colwill is part of a quid pro quo to get Caicedo I will be MAD.

If we’re not gonna be competing for titles, I would rather have a slightly worse team with Cobham players I’m emotionally invested in.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
if Colwill is part of a quid pro quo to get Caicedo I will be MAD.

If we’re not gonna be competing for titles, I would rather have a slightly worse team with Cobham players I’m emotionally invested in.
Maybe it will be Gallagher instead.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

About time. He looked great for us at first but that might have to do with playing with Alderweireld or Vertonghen (f*** do I miss them).

Agreed.

Bayern are considering a Hojbjerg bid.

Frankly, I don't think Hojbjerg will fit well with a more attacking club like Ange likes to play. I know Skipp won't, he's so average, so Spurs would need a MF or 2 since Betancur won't be back until late fall. But if Spurs can get a good fee for him, I'd be good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So union are reportedly close to signing our 6th ever Brazilian. 23yo midfielder Bitello.

While SCF have had a bid for River Plate’s Lucas Beltran rejected.

Last edited:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

"Barcelona have improved their initial proposal and are offering Gundogan a three-year contract. But there are doubts it is enough, as they cannot guarantee he will actually be registered to play for them under La Liga’s financial rules. Meanwhile City, and manager Pep Guardiola especially, are pushing hard to get a new deal done. Gundogan’s camp insist no final decision has been made, but he will have to make a call sooner or later."

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He might not be ready for a top club, but you’ve done alright with bigger jokes like odegaard :dunno:
Not that I agree with Havertz being a joke, but Odegaard was one of the best players in Spain for Sociedad for 2 years before we loaned him in and then bought him. Havertz showed that kind of talent in Germany, but hasn't shown much at club level for 2+ years.

Also, we paid ~40M for Odegaard. I'd be comfortable giving that much for Havertz too, but Chelsea's current asking price is insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad