Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
City are paying 25MM for one year of Kovacic.

Given the age, I don’t see why asking for 60-70 is ridiculous. I understand the hesitancy to not pay that given his bad form for 18 months. But I think asking it makes total sense.

70m for Mason Mount???

If he’s really that good, Chelsea should be clearing the MF and locking him up long term with a starting spot.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I’m not sure where else he goes. West Ham leaking that they expect City to bid seems like an obvious negotiating ploy to me

Yeah, I hope so.
City and Chelsea are the two now being connected to him. I do still believe he prefers Arsenal, but we've heard that before

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
70m for Mason Mount???

If he’s really that good, Chelsea should be clearing the MF and locking him up long term with a starting spot.
He wasn't good this past season, but no one was. He was really good the past 3 seasons, especially in 21/22 and 20/21. I think anything less than 60 would be a really good deal for the team buying him. It's going to suck when he leaves, but I've accepted it for awhile now. It's crazy how he went from Frank's son and future captain to out the door.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
70+10 with add ons is a lot for Caicedo. But I think I prefer it over 50 for Lavia.

I think they need to make an older signing, but it’s hard because that made total sense with Rudiger and Christensen leaving and then you see what Koulibaly did.

But having your midfielders all be so young is risky.

Chukwuemeka, Enzo, Caicedo, Santos, Casadei, Lavia. Not saying that would be the six but those would compose the supposed future. Although I’d expect at least one of Santos/Casadei to go on loan for game time.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I would laugh my arse off if Jude ends up a huge flop. Madrista have no patience, if they don't win anything next year, sone head will roll.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I can’t imagine Jude flopping. He has the mentality to want to win and improve

I also don’t believe him. I don’t think that Liverpool Madrid final was his turning point. He obviously had his head turned that way. Liverpool’s inability to make the finances work for him financially probably did the most swaying, and probably irritated him too

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I can’t imagine Jude flopping. He has the mentality to want to win and improve

I also don’t believe him. I don’t think that Liverpool Madrid final was his turning point. He obviously had his head turned that way. Liverpool’s inability to make the finances work for him financially probably did the most swaying, and probably irritated him too

He’s already showed at this early stage in his career that he’s one of few englishmen who thrives in a foreign country so i think it’s safe to say he won’t flop at least.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
In a funny twist of fate, the football beat writers have actually refuted a lot of the Reuters reporting.
I mean Reuters is saying Qatar is negotiating for exclusivity. I think they also said another SJR bid could change things. But that’s pretty clearly the next step in the sale process here.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean Reuters is saying Qatar is negotiating for exclusivity. I think they also said another SJR bid could change things. But that’s pretty clearly the next step in the sale process here.
I know, and the subsequent reporting by “football” people says no one is negotiating exclusivity.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
In a funny twist of fate, the football beat writers have actually refuted a lot of the Reuters reporting.
Ooo, with what reports in specific? I have missed this. Frankly I didn’t know Reuters was reporting on anything football related lol

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He wasn't good this past season, but no one was. He was really good the past 3 seasons, especially in 21/22 and 20/21. I think anything less than 60 would be a really good deal for the team buying him. It's going to suck when he leaves, but I've accepted it for awhile now. It's crazy how he went from Frank's son and future captain to out the door.

I think he’s a solid player and I’m all for him if Ten Hag thinks he’s a fit. But he’s in the last year of his contract and apparently doesn’t intend to sign with Chelsea.

So the idea teams should pay 60/70m for him is crazy. They have no leverage. And he’s not Kane with Spurs, who is a club legend and they have to basically say 100m or we’ll keep him to save face.

It still doesn’t mean United won’t do it. They’re dumb as shit so it’s still possible.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hate that Chelsea have a free run at Caicedo.

Would rather LFC sign Caicedo and pass on all the other midfielders they are linked with. Alexis, Caicedo and whatever defenders they can get probably would be better than Alexis, two other midfielders (all the linked ones play further up the pitch anyway). Would be hard to complain but they desperately could use a Caicedo type in there; but they are probably going to try to squeeze another year out of Fabinho which is….not what I would do

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ooo, with what reports in specific? I have missed this. Frankly I didn’t know Reuters was reporting on anything football related lol
They’re reporting Qatar is negotiating for exclusivity. So their bid seems to be favored at the moment. But based on how this sale has gone SJR will make another bid.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Club Bruges have signed Victor Barbera who I believe is coming off his contract with Barca B. From the clips I‘ve seen he looked better than Iker Bravo. I think he had something like 6+ goals in the Uefa Youth League last season. Curious to see how he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad