Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nope, but I don't really care what he does for a paycheck as long as he stays a beast for the NT...up to a goal contribution every 81 min., and he's very active away from the ball; both defensively and offensively.

I was just commenting on your armchair body-posture-analysis of his drive. Just because a player doesn't beat their chest doesn't mean they don't care. Kai's not a very loud kinda guy, but that doesn't make him apathetic.

Oh Kai's definitely been checked out since everything went to s***, but again him not being a screamer like Kahn was doesn't make him lazy.
Football is a team game and not everything is his fault, but where has this new generation got Deutschland? A group stage, a round of 16, and a group stage, Germany should be making the quarter or semi-final at the bare minimum IMHO.

You know, you are probably right that I might put too much stock in body language, but I don't care about a player having to be Nathan MacKinnon-level aggressiveness cussing out teams and coaches when the team is losing. However, I suggest there is some truth in body language science, especially when it comes to bad periods of play or losing the ball. Are you at least going to try and do something back or are you going to give up and simply get back into position?

Odegaard is a perfect example of what I mean here. He's one of those quiet Scandinavian types where there were many times that he lost the ball, but instead of just standing there or giving up, he would run to a position where he would be able to make a move to get the ball back somewhere in the future. I don't think Havertz is a truly bad defensive player, my observations are when he has the ball and when he loses it foremost. He comes across as being too useless in matches, even if he's being played out of position. This makes this rumour even more puzzling, Arsenal doesn't really need a shadow striker #10, we need a backup or competition striker to push Jesus and Kai hasn't really shown that ability.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010

Translation: Emmanuel #Macron assures that he "will try to push" for Kylian Mbappé to stay at PSG. (BFMTV)

Imagine being this kind of two-bit, circus club.

Soon Sarkozy calls his qatar buddies for help. Shame Chirac is dead sure he could helped to keep Mbappe in France somehow :laugh:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I mean that’s what 10mil a player? Henderson should get 20-30, McTom should get 20-30. Elanga should be 15-20 I mean that’s 55-80 right there already.

They won’t get anything close to those bc they always pay scrubs huge wages. McTominay makes 65k a week. Henderson is at 100k.

Neither are starters on any competitor.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
This is why all the London “rivalries” suck
Why? Because Chelsea and Arsenal are willing to do business with each other? I mean I'd consider them "rivals" in the sense that they are a top 6 team, but they aren't much bigger rivals to us than the other top 6 teams in my mind.

Arsenal vs Spurs is an actual rivalry.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Football is a team game and not everything is his fault, but where has this new generation got Deutschland? A group stage, a round of 16, and a group stage, Germany should be making the quarter or semi-final at the bare minimum IMHO.

You know, you are probably right that I might put too much stock in body language, but I don't care about a player having to be Nathan MacKinnon-level aggressiveness cussing out teams and coaches when the team is losing. However, I suggest there is some truth in body language science, especially when it comes to bad periods of play or losing the ball. Are you at least going to try and do something back or are you going to give up and simply get back into position?

Odegaard is a perfect example of what I mean here. He's one of those quiet Scandinavian types where there were many times that he lost the ball, but instead of just standing there or giving up, he would run to a position where he would be able to make a move to get the ball back somewhere in the future. I don't think Havertz is a truly bad defensive player, my observations are when he has the ball and when he loses it foremost. He comes across as being too useless in matches, even if he's being played out of position. This makes this rumour even more puzzling, Arsenal doesn't really need a shadow striker #10, we need a backup or competition striker to push Jesus and Kai hasn't really shown that ability.

It’s gotten us a u21 & u17 title in the past two years. Which isn’t bad considering that Kai and Schlotterbeck are just a couple months too old to be eligible for this summer’s U21s…and they are oldies compared to the likes of:

FW: Moukoko ('04), Brunner ('06), Adeyemi ('02), Weiper ('05), Ramsak ('06), Schade ('01);
AM: Musiala ('03), Wirtz ('03), Wanner ('05), Bischof ('05), Raebiger ('05), Darvich ('06), Ibrahimovic ('05), Ulrich ('05), B.Dardai ('06);
DM: Aseko ('05), Ouedraogo ('06), di Benedetto ('05), Martel ('02), Breithaupt ('02), Stiller ('01), Krauß ('01);
FB: Netz ('03), Kabar ('06), Knauff ('02), Rothe ('04), Moreira ('06), Ullrich ('04), Castrop ('03), Bulut ('06);
CB: Bella Kotchap ('01), Thiaw ('01), M.Dardai ('02), Buchmann ('05), Arrey-Mbi ('03), Morgalla ('04), Gechter ('04), Collins ('04);
GK: Atubolu ('02), Urbig ('03), Seimen ('05), Schmitt ('06)
etc.

Who knows what the future will bring and Kai has played the most of the new wave...but he's only been a bit player in those disappointing 2018-2022 results, so it's odd to blame him for them :dunno:

PS there is zero evidence for body language experts being any more insightful than horoscopes. Generally people just see whatever supports their pre-conceptions.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They won’t get anything close to those bc they always pay scrubs huge wages. McTominay makes 65k a week. Henderson is at 100k.

Neither are starters on any competitor.
I mean Nottingham is rumored
to be in on Henderson for 25mil.

McTominay obviously isn’t a midfielder for a team with aspiration, but would be fine in a mid/lower table team.

Elanga is still only 21. I don’t think 15mil for him is that wild, I mean Garner went for what, 10? He’d be a fine winger for a lower level team.

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If there's one thing that will never fail to trigger me, it's grownass adults using grade school arguments like "how was i supposed to know about that" or "that's not literally what i said" etc.

Well what someone literally says is important. That said, I think the real issue here is if he went to social media himself first why did he do that? If not, how did the media get a hold of it? He’s really doing nothing wrong otherwise and actually giving PSG plenty of notice.

Roma and Milan looking at Scamacca. He’s been injured and never really settled, but I like him. This is just more David Moyes transfer genius, getting in players that need to be around the ball only to hoof it 80 yards at them, defend for the whole match, and then act surprised when they don’t produce and aren’t happy.

If Michail Antonio is first choice next season I’ll scream.

One of the players even publicly made a comment about the issue with Scamacca was that he wasn’t being used right. Forget who it was, but it was just a couple of weeks back.

I recall seeing something about him not wanting to leave Spain.

Gerrard apparently wants Mane and Coutinho for his new Saudi side.

With regards to Coutinho, Villa supporters can now say it in unison with Barca supporters. ”Thank you Steven Gerrard.”

My only question is where was all this Saudi interest when were selling

I wouldn't pay anything more than 50M for Havertz (same fee we paid for Jesus). And I'd rather focus funds on Caicedo and a fullback after we finalize Rice. If we still have 50M for Havertz after that, then pull the trigger.

Exactly how much does Arsenal supposedly have to spend?

I think this year transfer window will be crazy...

That’s the trend.

Really hate this time of the transfer window. Hopefully things clear up in the next two weeks. We could have already had Fresneda, Fabrizio Diaz, Amrabat and that Faye kid for less than 60 million. I suppose if they‘re indeed making progress on Vitor Roque I shouldn’t complain.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Why? Because Chelsea and Arsenal are willing to do business with each other? I mean I'd consider them "rivals" in the sense that they are a top 6 team, but they aren't much bigger rivals to us than the other top 6 teams in my mind.

Arsenal vs Spurs is an actual rivalry.
We also hate Spurs more than we hate Arsenal, at this point. There's been way more to that rivalry recently (Battle of the Bridge, some gritty games while Conte was at Chelsea, the game in the fall while Conte was at Spurs).

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Exactly how much does Arsenal supposedly have to spend?
Good question. I haven't seen anything credible reported, but some rumors said around 150M + player sales. And I would think the player sales will probably bring in ~100M (Xhaka 15M, Tierney 30M+, Balogun 40M+, Pepe free, and maybe a few others).

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
We also hate Spurs more than we hate Arsenal, at this point. There's been way more to that rivalry recently (Battle of the Bridge, some gritty games while Conte was at Chelsea, the game in the fall while Conte was at Spurs).
Yeah, aside from targeting a few of the same players recently, there hasn't been much to the rivalry. I'd say that I moreso hated certain Chelsea players (e.g. Diego Costa) in the past that made the games feel more like a rivalry, but that's it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
West Ham hate us the most too (atleast among teams in the PL).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Really hate this time of the transfer window. Hopefully things clear up in the next two weeks. We could have already had Fresneda, Fabrizio Diaz, Amrabat and that Faye kid for less than 60 million. I suppose if they‘re indeed making progress on Vitor Roque I shouldn’t complain.
Yeah, I'd rather not buy a bunch of Arthurs and Douglas'. I hope Deco isnt just a Brasil merchant and has a plan-ondo.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't blame Mbappe for wanting out. He's 25 and has one CL final (that he could have won if he hadn't mssed up, but that's another story).
He's done more in two WC than in the last 5 CLs in terms of accolades.
I'd move if I were him. And I would NOT sign a new contract (as an L1 fan, it pains me to say it) unless PSG get a great year and performs like PSG should.
Nagelsmann (still not signed though), Lee, Skriniar, Ugarte and Ndour is a solid window so far, especially since they're closing in on Bernardo and other interesting targets, including a very good 9 who will help Mbappe tremendously.
If I were him, I'd either not sign or sign a one year extension with a promise to be sold next summer for cheaper (like a clause) if I want to.

Reactions: Power Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad