Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
It’s honestly pathetic at this point that PSG still feel Mbappe is worth the trouble. As good of a player as he is, he isn’t worth all this hassle every summer.

A proper club would’ve gassed him by now.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
… would havertz displace jesus in the starting 11?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I wouldn't pay anything more than 50M for Havertz (same fee we paid for Jesus). And I'd rather focus funds on Caicedo and a fullback after we finalize Rice. If we still have 50M for Havertz after that, then pull the trigger.

Reactions: S E P H

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Supposedly Spurs are in on Gallagher? I'd rather not.

Chelsea side confirming that report.

Gallagher is a good player. Starting level for a top 4 team? I don’t think so. But he plays with a ton of energy both ways and can score.

Reactions: Jack Straw

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Plenty of players to sell and lower the wage budget at the same time. Maguire, Telles, Bailly, Henderson, Elanga, Martial, McTom, Fred all potentially leaving. Pretty various sums there that they’ll receive but I don’t see how an extra 80-120 from
them is out of the question.

Reactions: Gecklund

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I'd pay some amount for Havertz but nowhere near 75M.
Probably be in the 60+ range.

Feel like they could take it another year and still get 50. Which is why the sub-50 Madrid offer was hilarious.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
This is why all the London “rivalries” suck
Because there are rumors players might go from one to a different one? Did the Merseyside derby suck in the late 80s and 90s with Ablett, Beardsley, Barmby, etc.? I mean, shit, only 15 players have ever played for both Arsenal and Tottenham and 36 have played for both Everton and Liverpool.

But the Merseyside derby is apparently this huge deal.

Probably be in the 60+ range.

Feel like they could take it another year and still get 50. Which is why the sub-50 Madrid offer was hilarious.
Yeah, that's just not where I would want to spend my money. I like Havertz's talent, but that position is probably 6th in my hierarchy. I guess if they are thinking Nelson can do a job at RW, 5th.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Other thing I would add with this is that players like being in London. And Chelsea’s circumstances are more unique because we historically haven’t sold to rivals unless we reallllyyt want to, but the club is in a questionable period right now so players are open to other London clubs

Major italian clubs seem to have a ton of players who cross over.

Meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad