Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Following up on my post in the other thread, obviously I know Madrid can and very well may do it, my point is the options of who else can or would are slim to none. There's not a lot of bidding war candidates and what does he do if Madrid decides he isn't right for them right now

How he wouldn’t be?

Ronaldo, Ramos, Benzema are gone, the big names from the last era are all starting to be gone and they are lacking that ”generational” player right now

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How he wouldn’t be?

Ronaldo, Ramos, Benzema are gone, the big names from the last era are all starting to be gone and they are lacking that ”generational” player right now
Vini is definitely there and they have a glut of young midfielders in Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
We have to feel bad for Real Madrid now? They have the best young midfield in Europe and added Bellingham to it. Now they have no star? What the f***...
We have plenty of stars, but since Ronaldo, we have not have a "marquee" guy. I think Vini can easily be that guy and, obviously, Mbappé would be. Benzema was the de facto marquee guy, but he is not that much of a personality/star. He was the leader and best player, for sure.

I do not think it is a necessity, but it is surely something Perez wants. He has been running after Mbappé ever since Ronaldo left. Heck, even before.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal rumours this time

- Moussa Diaby is being linked to the Gunners again (50 million is the rumoured amount) Does that make it four separate windows now?
- Jakub Kiwior is linked with a weird move back to Serie A (Napoli).
- Great chance that Marquinhos is going to be loaned out for the entire season again.
- Great chance that Balogun will be sold as he will have the highest value due to his contract status (A million clubs from Serie A and Ligue 1 going after him).
- Great chance that Pepe is gone by the season's start, even if that means Arsenal buying him out of his contract (Saudia Arabia is interested).
- Arsenal is still very keen on signing Cancelo as Tomiyasu will not be available until the end of October.
- If Arsenal cannot sign Cancelo, then Ivan Fresneda, Sacha Boey, and Timothy Castagne are the alternatives (in that order).
- Sounds like Arsenal still want Caicedo to go along with the Rice transfer, which might push Partey out.
- Arsenal going after Aryton Lucas and Matheus Franca from Flamengo (any reports @John Pedro).
- Some reports that Arsenal quite like Gnonto from Leeds (that would be a solid low-key move).
- Tierney is still linked with a move to Newcastle.
- Gabriel is still linked with a move to PSG (they can have him).
- Jorginho linked with a move to Lazio.
- Lokonga is rumoured to go to Burnley (no idea if it is a permanent or loan move)
- Arsenal is linked with a CB that includes Tapsoba, Bamba, and Guehi.
- Arsenal is linked with depth forwards including Sanabria, Wahi, Diaby, and Chiesa.

My guess is if Arsenal completes the Rice deal, we are going in for one other player like Tielesman, Caicedo, Zubimendi, or Neves. Then Arsenal will get another winger which includes Diaby, Chiesa, Williams, or Gnonto. Next, a depth CB like Tapsoba, Guehi, or Sutalo. Finally, probably another backup striker/winger like Kudus, Wahi, or Fati.

I still think Arsenal should try to unsettle Valverde at all costs before going in for any other midfielder like Caicedo.
All of that and you didn’t even include Martinelli plus cash for Fati.
So Martinelli + 1 million for Fati and then Balogun + 60 million for Pedri. Solid deal mate.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Apprently Atal (OGC Nice) is negotiating with a Qatari club

What a waste, he is such an amazing offensive talent but way too injury prone.

But hey, he will be paid millions to play 14 minutes a year and be close to Aspetar :laugh:

Reactions: gary69

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This would leave a massive gap at LCB.
That's if we don't replace him, I suspect Arsenal would. He's a good CB that lacks IQ for the game, those are replaceable IMHO.

If Gvardiol goes to Citeh, then we'll poach Ake, Stones, Laporte or dare I say Dias from them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's if we don't replace him, I suspect Arsenal would. He's a good CB that lacks IQ for the game, those are replaceable IMHO.

If Gvardiol goes to Citeh, then we'll poach Ake, Stones, Laporte or dare I say Dias from them.
I don’t think City are selling to Arsenal again. They sold to Arsenal last summer because they weren’t in UCL and didn’t think they were a threat. They aren’t making that mistake again

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

There's no way they sell Dias, Ake, or Stones. Laporte is rumored elsewhere. Gabriel's IQ isn't the issue. He just needs steadiness around him. He's similar to Xhaka in that regard.

Reactions: luiginb

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Vini is definitely there and they have a glut of young midfielders in Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni.

I know Vini is there but I don’t feel he has the same hype/presence(yet) as the previous big names have had.

Mbappe would be more in that generational tier

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There's no way they sell Dias, Ake, or Stones. Laporte is rumored elsewhere. Gabriel's IQ isn't the issue. He just needs steadiness around him. He's similar to Xhaka in that regard.
Personally, both players (Xha/Gab) have a lack of intelligence and spatial awareness that prevents them from being superior. If Gabriel needs to be babied or looked after, I am not sure how we can rely on him if Saliba goes down with some missed time again. I get that's why we're looking at Guehi and Tapsoba, but if Arsenal were cut-throat they would sell Gabriel and go after Josko themselves.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Personally, both players (Xha/Gab) have a lack of intelligence and spatial awareness that prevents them from being superior. If Gabriel needs to be babied or looked after, I am not sure how we can rely on him if Saliba goes down with some missed time again. I get that's why we're looking at Guehi and Tapsoba, but if Arsenal were cut-throat they would sell Gabriel and go after Josko themselves.
Xhaka was phenomenal this season. Just because a player isn't great in scramble situations doesn't mean that they lack intelligence or spatial awareness. Xhaka is extremely intelligent, but also makes bad decisions when forced out of comfortable positions. This can sometimes be true with Gabriel, as well, but he's better in recovery runs/tackles. Basically he's been fine to good unless he's forced to cover Holding.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

I would much rather try to beat City in the race for Gvardiol. I know that would be very difficult obviously but just imagine Saliba - Gvardiol for the next 10 years or so.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Xhaka was phenomenal this season. Just because a player isn't great in scramble situations doesn't mean that they lack intelligence or spatial awareness. Xhaka is extremely intelligent, but also makes bad decisions when forced out of comfortable positions. This can sometimes be true with Gabriel, as well, but he's better in recovery runs/tackles. Basically he's been fine to good unless he's forced to cover Holding.
Xhaka was legit this season, don't think I am trying to downplay how impactful he was. I still consider him and Gabriel as "good players," but that doesn't mean they are perfect. If Arsenal wants to take the next step and be an honest contender for the EPL/CL, then it is my opinion they should upgrade on both of them. So far, it seems we might be doing that with Xhaka concerning Rice, but with the CB it's more likely we're going to upgrade the bench position from Holding with somebody superior. Again, Gabriel was more shambolic than Holding constantly running around with his head cut off. I totally understand what you're saying about insulating Gabriel, but why not go out and get somebody better instead of having to protect Gabe?
I would much rather try to beat City in the race for Gvardiol. I know that would be very difficult obviously but just imagine Saliba - Gvardiol for the next 10 years or so.
100%, the problem is I am not sure if Arteta sees him (Gabriel) as somebody needing to replace for the likes of Gvardiol. I guess that Gavardiol would welcome Man City before the Arsenal, but nobody should ever underestimate the power and draw the city of London has. If Gvardiol sees both teams as similar with similar wages, more likely the chance he will choose supreme London over the industrial revolution rain town which is Manchester.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Fixed it for you :thumbu:

Putting a gun to Gavi’s head wouldn’t even get him to leave.

Not Benfica but I’ll allow it.

Good to see he’s making the jump. Don’t even want to know the price. Hopefully it works out.

So Martinelli + 1 million for Fati and then Balogun + 60 million for Pedri. Solid deal mate.

Be careful what you’re offering because one might take that first deal. It’d depend on Martinelli’s wages.

The rumor I saw today, and keep in mind I don’t put too much stock into these, was Odegaard plus cash but Arsenal didn’t want that so it was Martinelli plus cash. Either way, the only takeaway I‘m seeing here is that Laporte and Mendes would want any Fati sale to have a big fee associated with it.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Xhaka was legit this season, don't think I am trying to downplay how impactful he was. I still consider him and Gabriel as "good players," but that doesn't mean they are perfect. If Arsenal wants to take the next step and be an honest contender for the EPL/CL, then it is my opinion they should upgrade on both of them. So far, it seems we might be doing that with Xhaka concerning Rice, but with the CB it's more likely we're going to upgrade the bench position from Holding with somebody superior. Again, Gabriel was more shambolic than Holding constantly running around with his head cut off. I totally understand what you're saying about insulating Gabriel, but why not go out and get somebody better instead of having to protect Gabe?

100%, the problem is I am not sure if Arteta sees him (Gabriel) as somebody needing to replace for the likes of Gvardiol. I guess that Gavardiol would welcome Man City before the Arsenal, but nobody should ever underestimate the power and draw the city of London has. If Gvardiol sees both teams as similar with similar wages, more likely the chance he will choose supreme London over the industrial revolution rain town which is Manchester.
Because the list of left footed center backs who have the ball skills Gabriel has and are better defending as the main CB at this level is essentially Gvardiol and Bastoni. And really, even Gvardiol is prone to a lot of mistakes, which is understandable given his age.

I will say that there are some older guys that fit the bill (e.g., David Alaba), but I don't think that's the path Arsenal wants to go down for starters. Sure, if Alaba wanted to play the Jorginho role that would be different, but I doubt he does.

Reactions: S E P H

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The rumor I saw today, and keep in mind I don’t put too much stock into these, was Odegaard plus cash but Arsenal didn’t want that so it was Martinelli plus cash.
There's zero chance that Arsenal would swap Martinelli for Fati, and, if they for some reason did, Arsenal wouldn't be the one chipping in cash.

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@les Habs
The rumours I've seen are that Barca wants around 40-50 million for Fati, 70 million for Ralphina, and 30 million for Torres. I am not sure Fati leaves though, a ton of reports that the player himself wants to stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad