Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't blame Mbappe for wanting out. He's 25 and has one CL final (that he could have won if he hadn't mssed up, but that's another story).
He's done more in two WC than in the last 5 CLs in terms of accolades.
I'd move if I were him. And I would NOT sign a new contract (as an L1 fan, it pains me to say it) unless PSG get a great year and performs like PSG should.
Nagelsmann (still not signed though), Lee, Skriniar, Ugarte and Ndour is a solid window so far, especially since they're closing in on Bernardo and other interesting targets, including a very good 9 who will help Mbappe tremendously.
If I were him, I'd either not sign or sign a one year extension with a promise to be sold next summer for cheaper (like a clause) if I want to.
It also might be a mint for PSG to sell him.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Chelsea are drunk on Mount’s price. he’s got a year left. Shouldn’t be more than 30 much less rejecting 40.

Hopefully United move on quickly.
Brentford are the same with David Raya. One year left and asking for 40m.

Spurs would be the same with Kane. They won't sell for less than 100m for one year left on his contract.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Brentford are the same with David Raya. One year left and asking for 40m.

Spurs would be the same with Kane. They won't sell for less than 100m for one year left on his contract.
City are paying 25MM for one year of Kovacic.

Given the age, I don’t see why asking for 60-70 is ridiculous. I understand the hesitancy to not pay that given his bad form for 18 months. But I think asking it makes total sense.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
City are paying 25MM for one year of Kovacic.

Given the age, I don’t see why asking for 60-70 is ridiculous. I understand the hesitancy to not pay that given his bad form for 18 months. But I think asking it makes total sense.
Plus his English tax

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Getting nervous about the Rice deal. If we don't get it done fast, I'm afraid he's going to slip through our hands. And the thing is, I do believe we could have a good window even if we don't get Rice. As has been said, the price is huge and we could use it for better deals and I'd be happy. But it would still be a depressing start to the season and can't help but feel a bad omen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Doubt he moves tbh.
Agree it doesn’t make sense. New coach should play him and assure him for a year about his potential and value to the club.

I really don’t think the fee differences between 1 vs 2 years left are that significant anyways in recent memory.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Is he available? Is he expensive? Is he redundant or a poor fit?

Then what don't you get? :sarcasm:
The only thing missing is Arsenal targeting him first... oh wait, we did that in January.

Also, excited for you to become an Arsenal super fan once we take Kai off their hands.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The only thing missing is Arsenal targeting him first... oh wait, we did that in January.

Also, excited for you to become an Arsenal super fan once we take Kai off their hands.

I'd rather he go to Madrid or follow Nagelsmann :laugh: But playing the false-9 with Saka, Martinelli, and Odegaard, could be a good fit too.

I just hope he feels trusted and believed in wherever he lands so he can regain his club confidence and start playing the way he does for the NT...13 goals, 13 assists in 2105 NT minutes.

Last edited:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

No real surprises, other than Walker maybe being on his way out. Laporte and Mahrez all but certainly leaving, with the annual Bernardo-maybe-leaving-maybe-staying dance tossed in for good measure.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Getting nervous about the Rice deal. If we don't get it done fast, I'm afraid he's going to slip through our hands. And the thing is, I do believe we could have a good window even if we don't get Rice. As has been said, the price is huge and we could use it for better deals and I'd be happy. But it would still be a depressing start to the season and can't help but feel a bad omen
I’m not sure where else he goes. West Ham leaking that they expect City to bid seems like an obvious negotiating ploy to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad