Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I was also arguing for the transfer from the start so not everyone was against it.
For that price, it was always a good deal. Club needs more good footballers. That he’s settled and fit into what they need and looks like he wants to fight for the club to be better? Pretty awesome move

I’ve said somewhat, but other clubs would be smart to use it as well. Clear the books. Matip? Saudi here you come!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I saw something the other day that we're not in for Aubameyang at all and I'd be surprised if we were. I think he'll go to Saudi Arabia.

I mean what Lenglet, Dest and Garcia not good enough for their shitty league?

Yeah, they can come bail us out all they want. More where those guys came from too.

Chelsea is going to break the Saudi league with these transfers like they did the Chinese league when they sold them Oscar.

Well that would be one positive out of it, but I don't think this Saudi league is as susceptible as the Chinese league was. I think there's a lot more money behind that doesn't have some of the constraints that Chinese clubs had.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Rewarding rich people stupidity with a bailout. It’s the American way

Yep, that's why they have that idiotic cap in the NHL, to insure profits even for the stupid owners & franchises.

Would be much better if everyone would have to live by their decisions and be more responsible & careful with them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yep, that's why they have that idiotic cap in the NHL, to insure profits even for the stupid owners & franchises.

Would be much better if everyone would have to live by their decisions and be more responsible & careful with them.

We're not a logical creature, we're a rationalizing one.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Chelsea have done this for two decades. Nothing has changed and no one cares. Now laundering their failures to the Saudi league is just a phone call from Todd away. Basically four state owned teams. I’m tired

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Chelsea have done this for two decades. Nothing has changed and no one cares. Now laundering their failures to the Saudi league is just a phone call from Todd away. Basically four state owned teams. I’m tired
Dubai might want to get in on the act soon. So liverpool could be primed for a takeover.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Would be happy to keep Gallagher as a squad option.

LW: Mudryk, Raheem
ST: Broja, Jackson
RW: Madueke
10: Nkunku, Gallagher
CM 1: Enzo, one of Santos/Casadei
CM 2: Potentially Caicedo, one more signing

The one potential exit I’m surprised we haven’t heard more rumors for is Pulisic. Always been consistent Italy rumored interest. Had success in the BL previously.

Probably doesn’t want to cut his wages.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Would be happy to keep Gallagher as a squad option.

LW: Mudryk, Raheem
ST: Broja, Jackson
RW: Madueke
10: Nkunku, Gallagher
CM 1: Enzo, one of Santos/Casadei
CM 2: Potentially Caicedo, one more signing

The one potential exit I’m surprised we haven’t heard more rumors for is Pulisic. Always been consistent Italy rumored interest. Had success in the BL previously.

Probably doesn’t want to cut his wages.
Casadei apparently has Championship clubs all over Chelsea to loan him. I wonder if they keep Hall at leftback or shift him into his natural CM position. He's a bit raw but was often our best player down the stretch this season.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Saudi has more money, and they don’t really care if they’re in the red forever. So, it’s a bit different

That and maybe I'm overstating it but Saudi does have some football culture/pedigree, with China it seemed like they were 'building' these teams who no foundation, weren't clubs being created out of thin air? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad