Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One thing about all those transfers to Saudi Arabia, it's not going to help MLS draw those names, though that might help the league develop other players more.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t think the end goal is to profit. But I’ve already stated my views on what MBS is doing so

I don’t think it’s profit either, but losing billions a year obviously isn’t sustainable, even given the oil money they have.

The goal would be to sportswash and try to maintain as financially neutral as possible.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don’t think it’s profit either, but losing billions a year obviously isn’t sustainable, even given the oil money they have.

The goal would be to sportswash and try to maintain as financially neutral as possible.
It would less costly than his war on Yemen which has concluded. I don’t think they’d want to waste billions. Every year but they do have a plan I just think it’s a stupid one and MBs won’t last but that’s just me.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
[Mike Verweij] Ajax are interested in 20 y/o right-back Anton Gaaei of Viborg. Asking price of around €4M telegraaf.nl

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Why would you want to sell your best midfielder?
Ange seems to want to shake up the midfield a bit. Hojbjerg is very good for sure but compared to others he is just more expendable.

Bentancur was our best midfielder pre-injury. Can't really sell him now due to the injury. Who knows how he ends up recovering.

Bissouma came in just last summer. Struggled with fitness and Conte didn't seem to fancy him. Not really worth selling if he can regain his Brighton form.

Skipp is a similar player to Hojbjerg. Less experienced but younger and homegrown. Little reason to sell.

Pape Sarr is showed a lot of promise last season but Conte doesn't trust prospects like him. Think he has great potential and should suit Ange. Little reason to sell.

Supposedly Ndombele, Kulusevski, Gil and Devine could potentially play a midfield role in Ange's system, and will get chances in preseason.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I am unsurprised that a sovereign wealth fund like PIF would have investments in Clearlake (given the size of both Clearlake and the PIF). But with something like Clearlake, you don’t invest in the company itself - you buy into particular funds, and don’t have any grand influence over a private equity firm itself through that.

The shadiness of this is just the shadiness of global capitalism and not beyond that, I reckon. The world of rich bajillionaires is incestuous, from top to bottom.

When private equity meets sports, every team’s owner is invested in every other team’s owner in some way or another.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I am unsurprised that a sovereign wealth fund like PIF would have investments in Clearlake (given the size of both Clearlake and the PIF). But with something like Clearlake, you don’t invest in the company itself - you buy into particular funds, and don’t have any grand influence over a private equity firm itself through that.

The shadiness of this is just the shadiness of global capitalism and not beyond that, I reckon. The world of rich bajillionaires is incestuous, from top to bottom.

When private equity meets sports, every team’s owner is invested in every other team’s owner in some way or another.

Yea Clearlake has something like $75 billion under management and the Saudi fund has something like 600 billion in assets and they’ve been aggressively trying to diversify it in recent years. It’s not surprising that they’d be bought into funds at a major equity management company.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I mean Chelsea blocked a Ziyech move to Paris last winter and now they are only sanctioning a cash move to Saudi League. Which is much more favorable to them? Let’s call it what it is
I’d be shocked if QIA (who own PSG) don’t also have money in a Clearlake fund.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’d be shocked if QIA (who own PSG) don’t also have money in a Clearlake fund.
Okay, so why block a move to Paris last January? So less clubs would want him this summer and Chelsea could haul themselves out of a bad contract? Inter supposedly wants Koulibaly, but they are only sanctioning a move to Saudi. They are refusing to loan Lukaku back to Inter; which to an extent is reasonable, but Saudi league is the other option on the table? This smells

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Okay, so why block a move to Paris last January? So less clubs would want him this summer and Chelsea could haul themselves out of a bad contract? Inter supposedly wants Koulibaly, but they are only sanctioning a move to Saudi. They are refusing to loan Lukaku back to Inter; which to an extent is reasonable, but Saudi league is the other option on the table? This smells
"Blocked"? They issued the wrong paperwork multiple times before the deadline and didn't issue the proper paperwork until after it officially closed. PSG tried to appeal to get the loan approved but L1 rejected it. You see conspiracies where there is actually incompetence.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Oh man, if that's your best midfielder I get why Kane wants to leave haha

He was on pace for consideration for PL Team of the Year, he was legit great. He was the only thing holding the thing together. They were in 5th when he went out and they only picked up 21 points in the 15 games without him. He scored more in 18 games than PEH did all season AND had just as many tackles.

He's class

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
"Blocked"? They issued the wrong paperwork multiple times before the deadline and didn't issue the proper paperwork until after it officially closed. PSG tried to appeal to get the loan approved but L1 rejected it. You see conspiracies where there is actually incompetence.
My understanding (which could be wrong) was that Chelsea were the ones that didn’t submit the necessary documents on time?

Did a quick google to see if I remembered correct and BBC had this article:

This was on Sky too. Sky link has an (alleged) time line.

I could be wrong though.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My understanding (which could be wrong) was that Chelsea were the ones that didn’t submit the necessary documents on time?

Did a quick google to see if I remembered correct and BBC had this article:

This was on Sky too. Sky link has an (alleged) time line.

I could be wrong though.
Did you bother to actually read this article? The article says exactly what I said in my post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad