Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I was against a new ST if Havertz was going to stay.

Two midfielders and a squad clearout were far more important.

But if Havertz is leaving… that changes things.

I don’t think the solution is another young ST. Like Broja is immensely talented. I think DDF is essentially just Batshuayi so I don’t really care about that worry.

Guess it’ll be a war between the three to standout to Poch and the remaining one will get a loan

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really don't understand anyone contemplating meeting Chelsea's price for Havertz. As some of the Gooners here have said, they should be looking elsewhere.

Anyone who thinks Barella will be cheap should start pinching their pennies. Inter might need some cash, not entirely sure, but I think he just signed an extension with them and I would think he'd be upwards of 30% more than some of the figures I'm seeing. What's probably the biggest obstacle though, does the player want to swap Italy for say Newcastle (no disrespect to Newcastle).
Yeah I mean I said this with Caicedo too, but if LFC can get Barella + Alexis as opposed to Alexis + 2, I really think they should be looking into that. Although that would be a very small midfield, it’s a ton of energy and that gets them their alpha.

But again Liverpool are the only club that acts like they want to shop at the top of the market, and then act appalled when they hear the price tags so go figure. Starting to doubt they have much of a plan this summer and the u21 tournament might further blow up their plans. Just feels like they are waiting on everyone else to move now. Very risky game they are playing

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't mind the route of having Broja, Jackson, and DDF, and then Nkunku if necessary. Let the 3 youngsters fight it out, they won't have massive wages, so if form falls, Poch won't feel necessary to keep them in the lineup like a Havertz.

If MF and GK is getting the money this window, just need to make it count. If the right #9 isn't available, don't spend crazy money.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Inter need cash badly, they’re in a terrible financial state (even with the UCL money).

Yeah, I figured they needed some money, just not sure how bad it is. Anyway, as @Chimaera noted, I think they sell other players first and like I said, I think convincing the player might be the biggest hurdle. Also, just saw a Romano video from today where he said Inter won’t do business at 50 million pounds.

Yeah I mean I said this with Caicedo too, but if LFC can get Barella + Alexis as opposed to Alexis + 2, I really think they should be looking into that. Although that would be a very small midfield, it’s a ton of energy and that gets them their alpha.

But again Liverpool are the only club that acts like they want to shop at the top of the market, and then act appalled when they hear the price tags so go figure. Starting to doubt they have much of a plan this summer and the u21 tournament might further blow up their plans. Just feels like they are waiting on everyone else to move now. Very risky game they are playing

I actually would like for Barella to go to Liverpool if he moves to the Premiership. He’s on my keeper team, I want him to get consistent minutes and I‘d like to see what Klopp can get out of him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I actually would like for Barella to go to Liverpool if he moves to the Premiership. He’s on my keeper team, I want him to get consistent minutes and I‘d like to see what Klopp can get out of him.
Klopp is a huge admirer of him. Not sure they have the appetite to make the numbers work but if Inter are open to a sale, they need to be at least trying to be competitive in that. Barella is a perfect fit in that system too. Thuram / Kone / Gravenberch / Lavia / Veiga seems to be the pool of guys and most of them in a vacuum I’d be pretty happy with but I’d rather have Barella than two of those guys in what is going to be an incredibly important season. They could use another vet in there. I like Thuram a lot but I think they would be asking a lot for him to come in Day one into a broken midfield and asking him to save it. Also the more I watch Thuram I am a bit concerned that his heat map probably looks A LOT like Alexis’; worried they look the best in the same areas. Barella is more equipped for that task, plays on the right and offers just about everything you could ask for. 50m isn’t happening but if you can get him in that 65m range that’s still a very good deal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal linked with these blokes today
- Guehi
- Gundogan
- Caicedo
- Cancelo
- Havertz
- Musah (USA bloke)

Linked out today
- Balogun to Inter
- Tierney to Newcastle
- Nelson to AC Milan
They signed him as a left winger and Darwin and a striker and realized they were better in each others positions. Funny how that worked out
Nah mate, I followed that transfer closely because I was the only one defending the move on this board. LFC bought him to shore up the midfield weakness, but because he was never a good midfielder, Klopp eventually had to play him more offensive and he found success on the wing. Then they eventually tried him as a #9 and was even more successful there. However, it was by chance and not by method.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
On the scale of major influential entities who are yes men, or saved by the Saud’is, their impact on the world should be far down the list of annoyances.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nah mate, I followed that transfer closely because I was the only one defending the move on this board. LFC bought him to shore up the midfield weakness, but because he was never a good midfielder, Klopp eventually had to play him more offensive and he found success on the wing. Then they eventually tried him as a #9 and was even more successful there. However, it was by chance and not by method.
This is almost completely wrong but if you say so

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Chelsea is going to break the Saudi league with these transfers like they did the Chinese league when they sold them Oscar.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was also arguing for the transfer from the start so not everyone was against it.
I didn’t like it, but I thought they were getting him to play LW. Really glad he’s settled into the Firmino role

Chelsea is going to break the Saudi league with these transfers like they did the Chinese league when they sold them Oscar.
It’s the Chelsea way. Mess up and find a sucker to buy their bad players off reputation. Rinse and repeat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad