Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The sooner you accept he is going to Saudi, the lesser the pain will be.
Like I repeatedly said its his life he can do what he wishes. Its of no concern of mine if he plays in the shit American league or Saudi. Would I like him at barca absolutely, but he's more than earned his right to do what he wants. I just hope he goes into any decision with his eyes open. If it were up to me he plays 2 seasons with barca then goes to Argentina and sets off into the sunset. But alas Im a romantic, money talks and a billion has a lot to say.

I'm pretty sure his dream wasn't to win Ligue 1 either but they brought the biggest bag and that's all that he wants.
They had his friends if he wanted the biggest bag only, then he would've went to Saudi then and there.... PSG plays in europe. What can the MLS offer? Except playing in the greatest nation or some other BS?

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Like I repeatedly said its his life he can do what he wishes. Its of no concern of mine if he plays in the shit American league or Saudi. Would I like him at barca absolutely, but he's more than earned his right to do what he wants. I just hope he goes into any decision with his eyes open. If it were up to me he plays 2 seasons with barca then goes to Argentina and sets off into the sunset. But alas Im a romantic, money talks and a billion has a lot to say.

They had his friends if he wanted the biggest bag only, then he would've went to Saudi then and there.... PSG plays in europe. What can the MLS offer? Except playing in the greatest nation or some other BS?

What friends Neymar and Di Maria? I'm sure there were other teams that had friends on them as well but they weren't offering him the same money. Sure PSG plays in Europe, what's that matter to him anymore? He's got his Champions league trophies already. MLS can offer him bigger endorsements than anyone else, which equals money and that's all he's after. It's why if he comes to MLS he'll play for Miami, not cause of the weather or lifestyle but the tax free state, that's more money in his pocket.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What friends Neymar and Di Maria? I'm sure there were other teams that had friends on them as well but they weren't offering him the same money. Sure PSG plays in Europe, what's that matter to him anymore? He's got his Champions league trophies already. MLS can offer him bigger endorsements than anyone else, which equals money and that's all he's after. It's why if he comes to MLS he'll play for Miami, not cause of the weather or lifestyle but the tax free state, that's more money in his pocket.
Neymar, ADM, Paredes... Barca waited until the window nearly closed then made it known they couldn't sign him. By then City already made their moves. PSG was the only team that was viable. Of course he went for money, there other factors involved however. Just like EVERY single other player. Its down right naive to suggest otherwise.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well good thing Messi isn’t european. :)

If it’s not barca he should stay in europe. Jmo stay sharp for copa.
He might not be from Europe but he’s still a European player as I meant it given I was talking about where they’re used to playing instead of where they were born.

The same would hold for a guy like Pulisic who is used to European levels of travel instead of MLS travel despite obviously being American.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It is a disgrace if Benzema indeed goes there. It is as sad as Messi (or Ronaldo last year). It is difficult to "blame" them because of how crazy the money is... but it still f***ing sucks and, well, let's not get into the whole "morality" discussion again. That being said, Benzema has never been a grade A human being.

I'd say that the only "saving grace" for Ronaldo is that he was done at the top level. And that's without talking about the morality of the whole thing.

LIke I’ve said, these guys could do a lot of good with this sort of money. The question is will they?

Anyway, point is the press Messi gets and he hasn’t even made the move vs everyone else. Of course Messi will get more column inches on a forum, but still.

Anyway, I’ve called out Alves too.

Papa Flo hasn't learned anything from the last 5 years about chasing the dude from Paris.

Yeah, he was never going to get Messi. What a dumbass.

Firmino, welcome to Real Madrid.

Can’t believe this possibility didn’t even cross my mind.

may as well bring back CR7 for a year.

Please do.

"Best I can do is Joselu"

Well he’ll probably be cheaper if they get relegated.

It would be annoying to have Bayern pip Rice now after all the work done. On the other hand, it's a big fee, and if we spent it appropriately I'd get over it pretty fast

From what I’ve heard West Ham will want for him, unless the market goes cold on him you lot would indeed do better looking elsewhere if the recruitment is right.

Depending on the Italian clubs and if PSG is serious, I don’t see him going to Villa.

Made for Barca !

Highly doubtful this happens. Bayern will want way too much.

LOL, poor @Juve .

Would cost a small fortune.

Chelsea has no issues spending money, 200m will do!

It’d cost a lot, probably not that much though.

Safe bet Messi Sr leaked the news yesterday to put pressure. Now this happens seems like they’re on edge and Dont want to repeat the last scenario. Just hope Messi is patient because it’ll get done. If he is.

I don’t get the hurry. I can only imagine they have another offer they’re considering or they want to sort it out ASAP for the kids.

Neymar, ADM, Paredes... Barca waited until the window nearly closed then made it known they couldn't sign him. By then City already made their moves. PSG was the only team that was viable. Of course he went for money, there other factors involved however. Just like EVERY single other player. Its down right naive to suggest otherwise.

Amazing you have to explain all this.

• Wow
Reactions: Juve

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

From: Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Mount, Gallagher, RLC, Chukwuemeka, Zakaria to start last year

To: Only Enzo guaranteed to stay.

I think we have to keep Gallagher and Chukwuemeka. Gallagher because he's a work horse (but needs some more seasoning at the top level), and Chukwuemeka because he has huge potential but is so young. Kante hasn't been healthy in years bit I'm sentimental about him. The rest can go.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He might not be from Europe but he’s still a European player as I meant it given I was talking about where they’re used to playing instead of where they were born.

The same would hold for a guy like Pulisic who is used to European levels of travel instead of MLS travel despite obviously being American.

Oh I was just dicking around. I know what you meant. Just having a bit of fun.
I don’t get the hurry. I can only imagine they have another offer they’re considering or they want to sort it out ASAP for the kids.
I've been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks and I think I've mentioned it on here, if Messi is patient barca gets this over the line. Xavi's comments point towards this. However, and this is what I've been fearing is that Messi doesn't want the same turn out where he thinks everything is resolved only for the rug to be pulled out from under neath him. I suspect he doesn't want to be shoved into a situation where only one team comes knocking, learning his lesson from PSG. Thats the only reason why I think he wants to get this over with and not have it drag out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This will be a funny summer:

RBL put in a bid that LFC turned down. Honestly is they can use Carvalho as a makeweight to get some RBL talent, I don’t know what LFC is waiting for.

Would rather have good credit with RBL than figure out if Carvalho can play any position besides #10

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

Despite his age, he played like a top 8 PL player this year, was absolutely immense. Will be a good pickup for and mid/low table PL clubs

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Neves to barca looks to be set... hopefully this means Kessi is gone.

Messi gives a ten day ultimate for Barca, either they make movements are he finds new arrangements. Every week we hear La liga will give the ok soon... so on and on.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Neves to barca looks to be set... hopefully this means Kessi is gone.

Messi gives a ten day ultimate for Barca, either they make movements are he finds new arrangements. Every week we hear La liga will give the ok soon... so on and on.
I read that Xavi said that it was up to Messi now.

Messi's camp say it is up to Barca to make it work.

Yeah, both are preparing to blame the other if they cannot close the deal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I read that Xavi said that it was up to Messi now.

Messi's camp say it is up to Barca to make it work.

Yeah, both are preparing to blame the other if they cannot close the deal.
Yeah, I mentioned it. I can see what Xavi is saying basically going public telling Messi to be patient and it will get done. He talks to him regularly so he knows what he's doing I think. A bit weird but Xavi would know better.

Messi is basically saying there's no offer so how can I sign? If it doesnt work out, hope its not as dramatic last time and they both can move on peacefully. Xavi is basically the last bridge to barca ATM would be a shame if that was burnt as well.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bild is reporting that Tom Krauß has met with Mainz.

Sport Bild is reporting that Liverpool have made a formal approach for Gladbach's Manu Kone. BMG reportedly not willing to discuss anything under 40-45M.

TSG has been linked to Lens' David Costa

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bild is reporting that Tom Krauß has met with Mainz.

Sport Bild is reporting that Liverpool have made a formal approach for Gladbach's Manu Kone. BMG reportedly not willing to discuss anything under 40-45M.

TSG has been linked to Lens' David Costa
Funny how much we talked about Kone and Thuram as the right move for LFC if no Bellingham and now here we are

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Messi clearly wants to get that bag while he can so he should just go to Suadi Arabia and be done with it. If he wants to really go back to Barcelona then sign for league minimum but he never will.
So you're blaming Messi for wanting to be paid his market value rather than blaming Barca for getting themselves into a financial mess? He likely wants to be at Barca, but why should he play for league minimum?

And by market value, I do not mean what Saudi is offering.

Reactions: maclean

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
A lot of clubs would do better if they just listened to me in the first place :dunno:
Is Kone that good?

I have never fully watched him as I don't have access to the bundesliga but a lot of people that did watch him are questioning his football IQ and vision. Maybe a similar case to Ndombele? Look great on football highlights with all his technical abilities but poor on a whole game with bad decisions or poor turnovers?

What do you think?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kone isn't similar to Ndombele who's vastly superior technically.
Kone has lesser potential but then again Ndombele never reached his end except for a game every 6 months.
Kone is much more of a powerful b2b who can struggle in tight spaces or under pressure.

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't get the love for Miami, but there has to be a reason why all these ex-Russian NHLers and ex-glory footballers are wanting to join/retire that city of all places. Like, isn't Miami just like Barcelona or Valencia, but with the addition of constant shootings? Plus, doesn't Messi speak like zero English? Granted there is a huge Cuban and Latino population in Miami, but the majority don't. If I was a regressing Messi, join Barca B or Espanyol before Miami FC.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Kone isn't similar to Ndombele who's vastly superior technically.
Kone has lesser potential but then again Ndombele never reached his end except for a game every 6 months.
Kone is much more of a powerful b2b who can struggle in tight spaces or under pressure.
So based on that, Kone is not worth the hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad