Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They were easy to counter because the legs are gone. You're getting new blood in the midfield that will help.
It didn’t help but

1. If Fabinho still starting then it’ll be more of the same

2. The mix needs to be right/does club see as priority (hence keeping Fabinho in XI)

3. Could be tactical concern as well. Happened far too often for it to be just legs.

New personnel with help but how much/will it be the right personnel. All the midfielders linked hardest; Alexis, Mount, Gravenberch, Thuram now ; they don’t really solve that issue.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It didn’t help but

1. If Fabinho still starting then it’ll be more of the same

2. The mix needs to be right/does club see as priority (hence keeping Fabinho in XI)

3. Could be tactical concern as well. Happened far too often for it to be just legs.

New personnel with help but how much/will it be the right personnel. All the midfielders linked hardest; Alexis, Mount, Gravenberch, Thuram now ; they don’t really solve that issue.
It depends. I think Klopp really like Fabinho and although he his slow (he has always been slow btw, so it's nothing new) he would rather get more legs from midfielder up front. Also a certain Bajcetic will also get more playtime next year, so it's not like they do not have other option. That being said, Ugarte would have been my #1, #2 and #3 target. He is such a fabulous player to watch and the type of midfielder that make your team so much harder to beat.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It depends. I think Klopp really like Fabinho and although he his slow (he has always been slow btw, so it's nothing new) he would rather get more legs from midfielder up front. Also a certain Bajcetic will also get more playtime next year, so it's not like they do not have other option. That being said, Ugarte would have been my #1, #2 and #3 target. He is such a fabulous player to watch and the type of midfielder that make your team so much harder to beat.
I think Ward f’ed up the Ugarte negotiations and pissed Sporting off. He probably winds up at Chelsea now which is a good spot for him in that he can do Enzo’s running for him. I didn’t love him, but I think he could have done a job here. If it’s Ugarte or Thuram, I am taking Thuram though. Too many minutes for Fabinho and Bajcetic is probably bad for both of them. They really need another body to share the load there. It would be mad to put too much load on Bajcetic after his injury. He is great to have but I would really be trying to ease him back in

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They should buy Adams for cheap backup but we don’t believe in buying backup for any reason.
Adams kind of makes a lot of sense as a come on for 20 minutes and close the game out kind of signings. Obviously doesn’t have a great passing range but makes sense as a closer; think he kind of fills the spaces that Trent fills in the new formation in terms of heat map but with the opposite play style. I’ve also heard a guy like Ward-Prowse makes sense for the same reason (but less defense more passing range) as Trent backup. System revolves around Trent now and there is no answer for what happens if he is out; but there is so much work elsewhere to do this summer

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Safe bet Messi Sr leaked the news yesterday to put pressure. Now this happens seems like they’re on edge and Dont want to repeat the last scenario. Just hope Messi is patient because it’ll get done. If he is.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That’s Vivell’s top target. Wonder if Chelsea murmurs pickup now like they did with Ugarte after PSG’s interest.
The worrying part of Chelsea competing for transfers is that they'll offer such long contracts that pretty much every player would take them.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The worrying part of Chelsea competing for transfers is that they'll offer such long contracts that pretty much every player would take them.
That being said, the loophole on long contracts has been shut down apparently for this summer. Less incentive to make long contracts now.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

That being said, the loophole on long contracts has been shut down apparently for this summer. Less incentive to make long contracts now.
Mount declined the long contract and I read a report today on this:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

From: Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Mount, Gallagher, RLC, Chukwuemeka, Zakaria to start last year

To: Only Enzo guaranteed to stay.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This whole Messi situation sounds like it's going to be just as annoying as the last one. Inter Miami helping pay his wages just so he can play for Barcelona is just a bad look for all parties involved. Just looks like a money laundering scheme. Messi clearly wants to get that bag while he can so he should just go to Suadi Arabia and be done with it. If he wants to really go back to Barcelona then sign for league minimum but he never will. The MLS shouldn't get involved unless Messi actually wants to come and actually wants to compete. They don't need more Gerrard and Lampard types.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If by “win the MLS Super Bowl” you mean “spend most of his week on south beach and then clown a bunch of teams on the weekend”, then yea probably.

Honestly though, the travel has to absolutely suck for European players coming to NA.
Well good thing Messi isn’t european. :)

If it’s not barca he should stay in europe. Jmo stay sharp for copa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad