Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Cliff Notes:

LFC close to replacing Ian Graham; the lead data scientist that walked. Not sure who will be coming in or it’s a pure DOF position. (Not in article) Paul Mitchell has been linked but not sure if it’s him or not. Would not be impressed by Mitchell.

Klopp won’t re-sign and has supposedly been promised funds; will believe it when I see it. Key targets are Jude Bellingham (lol) and Matheus Nunes (lol but for different reasons); there better be Plan B for Jude. That’s all I have to say about that. Also still think Matheus Nunes is a a bad fit. Feels very Dutch Pep; don’t think he makes a ton of sense either way.

(Not in article) Supposedly LFC transitioning to a double pivot; maybe a Man City style 424 don’t think Matheus Nunes (or even Bellingham) is a great fit for that. If they are going to spend 150m on Bellingham why make him do donkey work. And if they wanted Nunes why let him go to Wolverhampton and throw this season in the trash. Nothing makes sense. Should have signed him over the summer and sign Joao Gomes in January. Would have gone a long way to fixing the midfield and Wolverhampton literally did it themselves

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
A double pivot of Nunes and Bellingham isn't going to be good enough defensively and would be a waste of both of them, cause they do most of their damage going forward.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So the replacement for Ian Graham is Will Spearman. This is an internal replacement, BUT what is interesting is that he was one of those who was trying to leave this summer too. I guess the promotion changed his mind? Club may still be trying to hire a DOF though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Cliff Notes:

LFC close to replacing Ian Graham; the lead data scientist that walked. Not sure who will be coming in or it’s a pure DOF position. (Not in article) Paul Mitchell has been linked but not sure if it’s him or not. Would not be impressed by Mitchell.

Klopp won’t re-sign and has supposedly been promised funds; will believe it when I see it. Key targets are Jude Bellingham (lol) and Matheus Nunes (lol but for different reasons); there better be Plan B for Jude. That’s all I have to say about that. Also still think Matheus Nunes is a a bad fit. Feels very Dutch Pep; don’t think he makes a ton of sense either way.

(Not in article) Supposedly LFC transitioning to a double pivot; maybe a Man City style 424 don’t think Matheus Nunes (or even Bellingham) is a great fit for that. If they are going to spend 150m on Bellingham why make him do donkey work. And if they wanted Nunes why let him go to Wolverhampton and throw this season in the trash. Nothing makes sense. Should have signed him over the summer and sign Joao Gomes in January. Would have gone a long way to fixing the midfield and Wolverhampton literally did it themselves

I think there's no chance Klopp is going to walk before being a very old man. He said more today and I'd say there's going to be a big clearout.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Klopp success has been tied down to overwork the other team. It is clear that the current team cannot do that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He is going to sunny Miami.
Taking his talents too sunny Barcelona.

IM more convinced he wont stay at PSG at this point. Just unsure if its barca or not. Doubtful he leaves Europe right now given he still has a copa. Plus hes still the best player in the world atm.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Taking his talents too sunny Barcelona.

IM more convinced he wont stay at PSG at this point. Just unsure if its barca or not. Doubtful he leaves Europe right now given he still has a copa. Plus hes still the best player in the world atm.
I would not mind seeing him back in La Liga.

It would suck for Real, but getting him back would be huge for Barca and the league itself.

I wonder how many levers you'll have to pull to be able to register him though :sarcasm:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would not mind seeing him back in La Liga.

It would suck for Real, but getting him back would be huge for Barca and the league itself.

I wonder how many levers you'll have to pull to be able to register him though :sarcasm:
He's free no levers required but if i may ask where did Flo get his accountants from asking for a friend?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's the problem with superstars like Ronaldo and Messi, because they are legends and are currently past it in the talent department, they still think they deserve high-calibre playing time because that's all they know from their entire careers. They miss the writing on the wall, Messi wouldn't and shouldn't be starting for Barca over the likes of Pedri or de Jong. Messi shouldn't be starting Ekitike, Icardi, or Nemary as a #9. I just chequed PSG's last match and that team is bad. Verratti is not even in team squad (lol), bring Ramos and Kimpembe off the bench, Hakimi not even starting lol, and putting greek god Icardi to waste away in the Turkish league lol. Galtier has lost the plot. That's why I respect Roy so much, he could've played at least four or so more seasons considering his prime, but he left before making himself the villain as Ronaldo did at United. ETH didn't treat him with any respect though as well.

It happens to the best athletes in all sports.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That's the problem with superstars like Ronaldo and Messi, because they are legends and are currently past it in the talent department, they still think they deserve high-calibre playing time because that's all they know from their entire careers. They miss the writing on the wall, Messi wouldn't and shouldn't be starting for Barca over the likes of Pedri or de Jong. Messi shouldn't be starting Ekitike, Icardi, or Nemary as a #9. I just chequed PSG's last match and that team is bad. Verratti is not even in team squad (lol), bring Ramos and Kimpembe off the bench, Hakimi not even starting lol, and putting greek god Icardi to waste away in the Turkish league lol. Galtier has lost the plot. That's why I respect Roy so much, he could've played at least four or so more seasons considering his prime, but he left before making himself the villain as Ronaldo did at United. ETH didn't treat him with any respect though as well.

It happens to the best athletes in all sports.
I agree Messi shouldn't be starting over De Jong because Messi doesn't play that role, but Messi, as he showed in the World Cup, is still an elite player.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi won the WC two months ago and you call him washed up? Holy shit that's a contender for all time worst post. Good job.

I agree Messi shouldn't be starting over De Jong because Messi doesn't play that role, but Messi, as he showed in the World Cup, is still an elite player.
Honestly, just loolz I love it.

Icardi the guy playing in Turkey and Frenkie the CM. What can you say?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You lot think that Messi scoring against this Polish team is somehow breathtaking? He scores goals like a 37-year-old Michael Jordan can dunk, he's getting by through experience alone because he's done it like 500 times in the past. Plus, Argentina winning is more due to team aspects than him alone, he didn't singlehandedly put them in the finals as Drogba did for Chelsea, Mbappe did for France, or Modric did for Croatia. Endo came to play, Emi came to play, alot of the midfielders step up their game after losing to the Saudis, and you guys are already forgetting how amazing Alvarez was when the manager started him in the first team? Short-term memory problems here.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Honestly, just loolz I love it.

Icardi the guy playing in Turkey and Frenkie the CM. What can you say?
Did he not play as a #10 for perhaps the longest time of his career? Isn't a #10 a midfield position? Granted I was wrong about de Jong because he plays deeper back, but in a 4-3-3 formation, you don't necessarily have a #10, which fits de Jong's role more pronounced. That's why I mentioned him and he wouldn't be starting over Lewi as a #9 because Robert is the better striker (now).

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You lot think that Messi scoring against this Polish team is somehow breathtaking? He scores goals like a 37-year-old Michael Jordan can dunk, he's getting by through experience alone because he's done it like 500 times in the past. Plus, Argentina winning is more due to team aspects than him alone, he didn't singlehandedly put them in the finals as Drogba did for Chelsea, Mbappe did for France, or Modric did for Croatia. Endo came to play, Emi came to play, alot of the midfielders step up their game after losing to the Saudis, and you guys are already forgetting how amazing Alvarez was when the manager started him in the first team? Short-term memory problems here.
Mbappe singlehandedly put the most talented side in the finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad