Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Don't think Inter's gonna keep Lukaku. He's barely played for them this year and now he's calling Barella a sob on the pitch.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
We have two sets of posters who think Messi did it alone and what ever this is.
Not that we need to rehash this argument because of today's silly post, but just to be clear I didn't say Messi did it alone. I said that it was ridiculous to think Romero is a great CB because Messi couldn't win a WC until him and Emi came around.

Messi - goat
Emi Martinez - average with great WC performance
Romero - average

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Glad to see that you guys have reached the acceptance phase :laugh:
There's no need for an acceptance phase bruv; the mighty Arsenal, the legendary United, the kings of development Ajax, the underdog champs Union Berlin, the beautiful Lake Como FC valentines day cheaters Juventus, the wealthiest nation in the world AS Monaco, UEFAolna, and some other Spanish clubs are all in the competition. This competition is so good that Roma lost the group lead to Real Betis, Union Saint-Something got a bye week, United finished second to Sociedad, Freiburg is on the cusp of glory, and we have a Hungarian team in the competition.

Have fun with Disney clubs like Spurs, Chelsea, Frankfurt, Milan, Brugge, and midtable Liverpool. This doesn't even include Irrelevent FC aka Dortmund. Case closed.

This year Messi has 10g 10a in 18 league games. 4g 4a in 5 CL games. had 7g 3a in 7 world cup games.

He may not be as good as he was 5 years ago, but he's still pretty darn good.

Him and Ronaldo are not remotely comparable at this point.
There's a reason Mbappe called it a farmers league.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Glad to see that you guys have reached the acceptance phase :laugh:

Well I can be miserable and argue pointlessly or I can joke about it and be miserable? I’d rather the latter plus my dear friend, I’ve completed football recently. These small potatoes don’t interest me the way they used to.

Not that we need to rehash this argument because of today's silly post, but just to be clear I didn't say Messi did it alone. I said that it was ridiculous to think Romero is a great CB because Messi couldn't win a WC until him and Emi came around.

Messi - goat
Emi Martinez - average with great WC performance
Romero - average
Yup def don’t need to rehash it

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They could still use him, but I think it’s too expensive when much of their young talent are in midfield.

I don’t think Liverpool get it done, but I am prepared to be sad.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They could still use him, but I think it’s too expensive when much of their young talent are in midfield.

They could but Frenkie would need to leave. And he would need to play DM soo it’s dumb.

Either they get Frenkie full time as DM or find a younger cheaper option. Zubi etc

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

I think if Liverpool can show to Jude that they are going to make the necessary investments to refresh the squad, it’s basically a guarantee.

Chelsea’s argument is far better now considering we are a CF, a pure 6, and another 8 away from being a legitimate team. There seems to be some sort of vision and an ownership group that genuinely cares. And London.

But City & Madrid do far better in those arguments. Squads are better and both have longevity. AND, that’s without acknowledging our current lack of champions league football next year.

Seems clear that we are a very distant fourth here unless we turn things around and make a CL push, and it comes out that Jude likes the idea of being in London.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea should sell Havertz for anything just to get his wages off the books and rid ourselves of this bum. Hopefully some German club takes him.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Would be hilarious:

15 days after it was reported that Chelsea would never 'darken PSG's doorstep again'.

--

Apparently Yassine Bono should end up in the Premier League next year, with Tottenham being the favorites to sign him and replace Lloris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad