Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I want to know how Chelsea fans feel about Boehly? Obviously they must like all their new signing and money available but do they really feel there is a cohesive plan in their behaviors?

If I get it correctly, they have already all but confirmed : João Felix and Nkunku
They are looking into Neymay and will make a strong push for Bellingham too.

Don't they feel that sometime less is better and having a full rotation like that in short span not so good for the tactic and motivation of the squad.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I want to know how Chelsea fans feel about Boehly? Obviously they must like all their new signing and money available but do they really feel there is a cohesive plan in their behaviors?

If I get it correctly, they have already all but confirmed : João Felix and Nkunku

Don't they feel that sometime less is better and having a full rotation like that in short span not so good for the tactic and motivation of the squad.
Plan gets thrown around here very loosely. From a very high level, the public backing of Potter and all indications that he's going to have a summer and probably all of next season, is as clear as it can be that there is a cohesive plan in place that they are going to follow.

Now, it can probably be discussed if the plan is good enough, if Potter is good enough, etc. I don't think any Chelsea fan is going to complain about them spending money in areas that we need it.

I think the Chelsea posters here would probably criticize the money spent on Cucurella, but Chilwell has injury issues, and Cucurella was coming off a really good season and we hired his previous manager shortly after. Him being a flop this season doesn't make that much sense. Auba is the other big one that was stupid, especially since Tuchel was already close to being out the door. I don't really have an issue with any of the others.

I'm not going to lay blame on the new owners because purchases from the previous regime have been such a disaster. Havertz/Werner/Ziyech/Pulisic have been such a disaster.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm curious what's going to happen with Mount. Kind of bold of him to demand top dollar when he's been shit all season. Him leaving seems like a decent possibility.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Cant ask for much more from an owner... Spend Spend SPdend. Its up to the football guys to make it work.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And as a fan, as long as they don't spend their way to putting the club in financial ruin or sporting penalties, I don't really care how much they spend on transfers or wages, it's not my money.

On paper, I like they moves they are doing, but on paper doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. I also like that we are investing in younger players as well.

Reactions: Blender

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm curious what's going to happen with Mount. Kind of bold of him to demand top dollar when he's been shit all season. Him leaving seems like a decent possibility.
It seems pretty obvious to me that Mount feel his next contract is most likely career defining for him. If he stays at Chelsea I am pretty sure he will ask for top money for his past achievements and making sure his place is guaranteed.

If he moves on, it's because he wants to make sure that he can fully monetize his next contract and be paid properly.

I feel the same with Saka too, I think Saka has also every rights to ask to be paid as top 5 players in the EPL with his current form and age.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It seems pretty obvious to me that Mount feel his next contract is most likely career defining for him. If he stays at Chelsea I am pretty sure he will ask for top money for his past achievements and making sure his place is guaranteed.

If he moves on, it's because he wants to make sure that he can fully monetize his next contract and be paid properly.

I feel the same with Saka too, I think Saka has also every rights to ask to be paid as top 5 players in the EPL with his current form and age.
He wants to be paid like Reece, but he's asking for it in a year where he's not playing like Reece. If he was playing like he was last season, I'm sure he'd get what he's asking for.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Cant ask for much more from an owner... Spend Spend SPdend. Its up to the football guys to make it work.
This is so dumb, IMO.

There is a difference between spending but having a cohesive plan. Enzo Fernandez is a majestic signing for them because he is already a top level player and he is very young. All other signings I feel were overkill even though they are highly rated. I feel like 4 or 5 new players a year maybe 6 is more than enough other than that it feels IMO detrimental to the cohesion of the team. Unless Chelsea feel they want to be competitive 3 years from now and don't plan to add more players for the next 3 or 4 years.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This is so dumb, IMO.

There is a difference between spending but having a cohesive plan. Enzo Fernandez is a majestic signing for them because he is already a top level player and he is very young. All other signings I feel were overkill even though they are highly rated. I feel like 4 or 5 new players a year maybe 6 is more than enough other than that it feels IMO detrimental to the cohesion of the team. Unless Chelsea feel they want to be competitive 3 years from now and don't plan to add more players for the next 3 or 4 years.
Its up to the SD and his guys along with the coach to make it work. The owners signs the checks.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He wants to be paid like Reece, but he's asking for it in a year where he's not playing like Reece. If he was playing like he was last season, I'm sure he'd get what he's asking for.
It feels like James form has dropped since he got his new contract?

Its up to the SD and his guys along with the coach to make it work. The owners signs the checks.
It's very Football Manager type of thinking. Purchase all young/top players, it has to work right? If not it's because of the manager.

Reactions: maclean

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

It's very Football Manager type of thinking. Purchase all young/top players, it has to work right? If not it's because of the manager.
Lol no one said that. I said it’s up to the SD who signs the players and the coach to make it work. What does this American guy know about football? Do fans expect him to scout, and make tactics?

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's just been hurt. He's been one of the very few players that have been decent/good this year. Him, Silva, Kepa. Badiashile and Enzo have been good, but only have a few games under their belt, the other 3 are the only players that I'd say have been good or lived up to their standard this year. I'll probably give Chilwell an incomplete.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is so dumb, IMO.

What signings were overkill? There was a purpose to every signing. You can say the attackers were overkill because we already have attackers, but those attackers have been dogshit. I'd argue there would be no plan, if the plan was to just keep trotting out flops like Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, etc. For the CBs, Badiashile has been a very good buy so far, and we are coming off a summer where we lost Rudiger and Christensen, we needed multiple reinforcements there. Chilwell and James get hurt a lot, so we needed depth at both positions, but depth that's also capable of starting, not simply rotation minutes.

The big question is really if Potter, the guys he brought from Brighton, and the other Directors can perform as well at a big club with a huge budget as they did at a smaller club with a smaller and more strict budget. That's a tough transition that many have failed with.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mount to Liverpool would be interesting. I don't know what Klopp would want to do with him.
Mount to Liverpool would not be interesting.

He doesn’t fix anything LFC is bad at. He’d be in the same problem as Harvey Elliott where he’s not quite a midfielder/not quite a forward and he would cost exponentially more. Mount is fine, but I would not do it if I was LFC; which is nothing against Mount. Just don’t think the fit is good. I’d rather stick with Elliott then pay extra and have Mount. There are other options, well to me anyway. The same problems that Mount is having at Chelsea are there at LFC.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't agree with either assessment. They do need some offensive ability to make runs from the midfield. Both can offer that.
But Mount isn’t a midfielder. If he was trusted in the midfield Chelsea would not let him go

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What signings were overkill? There was a purpose to every signing. You can say the attackers were overkill because we already have attackers, but those attackers have been dogshit. I'd argue there would be no plan, if the plan was to just keep trotting out flops like Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, etc. For the CBs, Badiashile has been a very good buy so far, and we are coming off a summer where we lost Rudiger and Christensen, we needed multiple reinforcements there. Chilwell and James get hurt a lot, so we needed depth at both positions, but depth that's also capable of starting, not simply rotation minutes.

The big question is really if Potter, the guys he brought from Brighton, and the other Directors can perform as well at a big club with a huge budget as they did at a smaller club with a smaller and more strict budget. That's a tough transition that many have failed with.
Badiashile has been the best signing so far, absolutely massive start.

Enzo looks great as well so far, but there's more issues with familiarity when in the midfield.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Badiashile has been the best signing so far, absolutely massive start.

Enzo looks great as well so far, but there's more issues with familiarity when in the midfield.
I'd love to see a healthy Kante next to Enzo, that would be like Silva being next to Badiashile.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Silva obviously provides a huge help to who is next to him, but the difference in quality from Koulibaly to Badiashile is staggering.
In theory, I want more Badiashile type moves, that one feels like it was truly a find from the scouts. It's amazing how well he's just slotted in.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
In theory, I want more Badiashile type moves, that one feels like it was truly a find from the scouts. It's amazing how well he's just slotted in.
I have been most impressed by the composure. Multiple times he's just won a challenge in our box, taken a few steps with the ball, and made a perfect long pass up the pitch to an attacking player. It's incredibly impressive for a 21 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad