Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

LFC need to be testing Madrid for Camavinga and/or Tchouameni if this happens. I’m not the only one who is going to have this idea

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They don't play the same position.
I doubt Madrid sells any of them.
Madrid want Jude and Gabri Veiga. Theat could free up one of them, especially if Madrid want to balance the books (lol I know) they still need a forward too. Yes this is optimistic, but my point is LFC should be aiming extremely high. Camavinga especially isn’t going to want to do another year at LB

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

LFC need to be testing Madrid for Camavinga and/or Tchouameni if this happens. I’m not the only one who is going to have this idea

Works for me. Never saw Arsenal in the running so better him not coming to the PL at all. If City had snagged him then.. idk, finish the sentence yourself lol

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They don't play the same position.
I doubt Madrid sells any of them.
Not only do they do not play the same position, Kroos and Modric are leaving after next year at most. There will be plenty of time. Could someone be loaned out for a year? Maybe. But outright sold? I'd be surprised.

I am sure Ancelotti (and Perez) love Camavinga's versatility (can play 8, 6 or LB. Heck, in a pinch, if we played a scheme with wingbacks, I am sure he could do that) so I doubt they are ready to sell/loan him. Tchouameni is our 6 going forward, I think.

Valverde is the one that is made more "redundant" by getting a guy like Bellingham, but, then again, he can play RW when needed. Rodrygo can play CF when needed also.

Basically, we will need depth to compete on all fronts and all of these young studs can have an important role.

Should LFC inquire? SUre. Should we sell, nope.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
I always felt Bellingham would not sign with City. His style of play suits Liverpool better, plus City dont like to get into bidding wars. They will buy a central mid though as it sounds like Gundogan and Silva will move on while De Bruyne is getting pretty old and increasingly injury prone. They will probably end up signing someone like Kovacic

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Works for me. Never saw Arsenal in the running so better him not coming to the PL at all. If City had snagged him then.. idk, finish the sentence yourself lol
Yeah I mean if he isn’t at City it makes it better but can’t believe LFC was arrogant enough to east two years waiting for this guy
Not only do they do not play the same position, Kroos and Modric are leaving after next year at most. There will be plenty of time. Could someone be loaned out for a year? Maybe. But outright sold? I'd be surprised.

I am sure Ancelotti (and Perez) love Camavinga's versatility (can play 8, 6 or LB. Heck, in a pinch, if we played a scheme with wingbacks, I am sure he could do that) so I doubt they are ready to sell/loan him. Tchouameni is our 6 going forward, I think.

Valverde is the one that is made more "redundant" by getting a guy like Bellingham, but, then again, he can play RW when needed. Rodrygo can play CF when needed also.

Basically, we will need depth to compete on all fronts and all of these young studs can have an important role.

Should LFC inquire? SUre. Should we sell, nope.
i mean I’d take Valverde too :)

Yes LFC should inquire and make a push. After that? Who knows

I always felt Bellingham would not sign with City. His style of play suits Liverpool better, plus City dont like to get into bidding wars. They will buy a central mid though as it sounds like Gundogan and Silva will move on while De Bruyne is getting pretty old and increasingly injury prone. They will probably end up signing someone like Kovacic
I mean Kovacic is also old and injury prone. They’ll know what they next move it though.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
I mean Kovacic is also old and injury prone. They’ll know what they next move it though.
I thought he was like 27. Either way, maybe not him but someone like him. Though Rice also keeps getting linked to City so who really knows

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Real don't have enough class players? Greedy bastards.

I mean, look at our performances in the league this year. We need something. Is another midfielder the answer? Perhaps not, we have other more glaring holes (RB/LB/back up-future CF).
They do in some areas like the midfield is crowded but they badly need to provide help for the eternal Benz. ON defence they need to shore up too.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
They do in some areas like the midfield is crowded but they badly need to provide help for the eternal Benz. ON defence they need to shore up too.

Probably bringing back Garcia this year. I don't think we see much for forwards until next year with Mbappe/Erling unfortunately.

There's a slight chance Madrid don't actually have depth in the midfield next year. If I had to guess Ceballos and one of Kroos/Modric leave.

We are selling Ferland Mendy, so it may make Cama defacto back up LB, when we bring back Garcia.

If I had to guess, depending on the coach. Tchouameni, Cama are untouchable. Valverde is where it can get interesting.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Probably bringing back Garcia this year. I don't think we see much for forwards until next year with Mbappe/Erling unfortunately.

There's a slight chance Madrid don't actually have depth in the midfield next year. If I had to guess Ceballos and one of Kroos/Modric leave.

We are selling Ferland Mendy, so it may make Cama defacto back up LB, when we bring back Garcia.

If I had to guess, depending on the coach. Tchouameni, Cama are untouchable. Valverde is where it can get interesting.
Yeah, I agree with this assessment.

However, I do not see Valverde move either.

He can play the Kroos role in the midfield. He can also play the more advanced role when needed. He can play RW. I think his versatility makes him a guy that will end up playing about 80% of the matches as a starter and most of the other matches as a sub.

Camavinga being very versatile as well is in the same situation. He can play LB when Garcia sits. He can play 6, he can play 8.

Tchouaméni will have the Casemiro role. Bellingham will have the Modric role.

I think Ceballos stays as well and provides depth. I think, as much as I love them, both Kroos and Modric can leave.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

That's an interesting way of looking at it. Selling Valverde would be dumb imo he is too good and versatile

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi's camp is saying he had permission but PSG changed after they didnt win last game... Seems fishy. Either way he hasnt wanted to be there and it shows.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah I mean if he isn’t at City it makes it better but can’t believe LFC was arrogant enough to east two years waiting for this guy

i mean I’d take Valverde too :)

Yes LFC should inquire and make a push. After that? Who knows

Heck Valverde would be my #1 target above Camavinga and Tchouameni.

He is such a fabulous player.

Reactions: luiginb and Savant

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He wants to go for money?
It was a joke, but the parallels between them both joining a non-competitive/disappointing club for stupid money, throwing their toys on the pram, and the ties to Saudi Arabia are pretty funny. And I’ll say it’s “interesting” to see the contrasting reactions to it, not just here.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Messi deserves to be punished by PSG. Whether the punishment fits the crime is another story. What I really don‘t get is why PSG would allow him to if PSG had won or drawn but they didn’t allow him to go in the even of a loss. Of course why Messi has such a commitment at this stage in the season or why it couldn’t be moved is beyond me. Like I said though, Messi deservedly punished and were I PSG I’d probably tell him not to come back.

As far as Saudi Arabia goes, I say when the time is right in terms of playing there, go for it! Milk them for every penny so long as you do two things. Put that money to good use in terms of charitable work and then speak publicly about it after the fact.

Assuming the five random sites I just checked that had a very close range for Raphinha’s salary are remotely correct, and considering the range I’m guessing they are, the numbers don’t add up. Either we’d only have to sell him for something like 25 million to make a profit or he’s only going to cost us 17 million or so a year. So either Transfermarkt and a bunch of sites reporting his wages are wrong or Football Espana is. I‘d definitely double check anything Football Espana reports that is Barca related. And it’s AS as the original source.

I will say that Raphinha’s wages are stupid and seeing that and Fati’s wages, contrary to what I posted just yesterday, I’d sell them both. I also wouldn’t renew Busquets unless he agrees at least an 80% wage cut and probably more. I’d also look to move Alba on or get him to agree a big wage reduction.

I know he's 'only' suspended two weeks but I'd be surprised if Messi ever suits up again for PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad