Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Who knows with Tah. If he had serious ambitions to make the most of his talent, his career would've gone very differently. He was content stagnating at Leverkusen for years, so maybe he'll be happy just making that EPL money for a bottom side or being the third CB for a top team?

I’m surprised some Premiership side hasn’t bought him already.

Leverkusen didn't want to sell and he was content not pushing for a move because he's very lackadaisical. Guessing he wants to cash in while he's still in his prime, and get that "EPL-proven" tag to bank on when he starts slowing down.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Who knows with Tah. If he had serious ambitions to make the most of his talent, his career would've gone very differently. He was content stagnating at Leverkusen for years, so maybe he'll be happy just making that EPL money for a bottom side or being the third CB for a top team?

Leverkusen didn't want to sell and he was content not pushing for a move because he's very lackadaisical. Guessing he wants to cash in while he's still in his prime, and get that "EPL-proven" tag to bank on when he starts slowing down.

Other thing I figured might be that the clubs that move for him might not have the consistent continental participation that Leverkusen has.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Other thing I figured might be that the clubs that move for him might not have the consistent continental participation that Leverkusen has.

Earlier in his career (4-5 years ago) there were CL regulars with more money that were interested in Tah, but he didn't want to fight for his spot at a new club or fight for the transfers to go through.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I feel like he could fit with Aston Villa pretty well

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some Barça rumors:

-Lamine Yamal is expected to sign a new contract until 2026.
-Rumored swap of Carrasco for Ferran Torres.
-Jorge Mendes has apparently told the club he can get 70 million for Ansu Fati from a Premiership side.
-Raphinha not on the block, but a big enough offer would tempt the club.

Personally, great news about Yamal. He's at that age where he can be swayed by more money abroad. No way would I swap Torres for Carrasco. 70 million for Fati would be hard to turn down. Big enough offer for Raphinha and I'd be swayed too. I'd almost rather sell Raphinha for 70 million and hold on to Fati a bit longer, but no question Raphinha has been more influential this season.

EDIT: Also, rumor we're interested in Veiga of Celta. Not going to happen as he'd be too expensive. One of those rumors you shouldn't believe.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Some doubts about Messi's return creeping back in.... still think it'll get done. All parties want it they just need to find the right formula. Hoping they all have patience especially Messi.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Besides those list of CMers that Arsenal is linked with, they are also linked with RW Pedro Neto (Wolves) and RB Devyne Rensch (Ajax). While Tierney is rumoured on an out to Man City lol.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Some Barça rumors:

-Lamine Yamal is expected to sign a new contract until 2026.
-Rumored swap of Carrasco for Ferran Torres.
-Jorge Mendes has apparently told the club he can get 70 million for Ansu Fati from a Premiership side.
-Raphinha not on the block, but a big enough offer would tempt the club.

Personally, great news about Yamal. He's at that age where he can be swayed by more money abroad. No way would I swap Torres for Carrasco. 70 million for Fati would be hard to turn down. Big enough offer for Raphinha and I'd be swayed too. I'd almost rather sell Raphinha for 70 million and hold on to Fati a bit longer, but no question Raphinha has been more influential this season.

EDIT: Also, rumor we're interested in Veiga of Celta. Not going to happen as he'd be too expensive. One of those rumors you shouldn't believe.
Veiga cost is 40 M€ and that's set. Will not cost more or less. He is only going for the clause. I would sell right now Fati for 70M€. Raphinha too.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Veiga cost is 40 M€ and that's set. Will not cost more or less. He is only going for the clause. I would sell right now Fati for 70M€. Raphinha too.

Yeah, and I think 40 million is too expensive for us for him. Do you think we’re going to sign him? I certainly don’t. And that’s not indictment of the player. I wanted him on my mid-level keeper league team but prioritized other prospects.

I’d probably sell both for that price too. My concern would be who do we bring in to replace them?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, and I think 40 million is too expensive for us for him. Do you think we’re going to sign him? I certainly don’t. And that’s not indictment of the player. I wanted him on my mid-level keeper league team but prioritized other prospects.

I’d probably sell both for that price too. My concern would be who do we bring in to replace them?

Messi lol

Really though the names don’t inspire confidence. Abde lol carassaco??? No thanks. I’d sell them and figure it out later.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Messi lol

Really though the names don’t inspire confidence. Abde lol carassaco??? No thanks. I’d sell them and figure it out later.

Well yeah, Messi, but would the plan be to play him out wide?

Sell both and you’re left with Ferran and Dembele. OK, that’s workable, but Dembele is fit for half a season and what if he doesn’t want to renew? So do we promote Pedrola? Alcorcon? Yamal???

I don’t know. It’d be hard to turn that down, but maybe sell one of them and Abde? Either way, we have plenty of other players to offload before getting rid of two wingers.

Reactions: luiginb

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I would sign him, yes. But I don't think we are going to do it.

Well one of them could be replaced by a bigger money signing (Kvaradona :D:D:D) and the other maybe promoting somebody from La Masia? There seem to be coming some nice prospects around. Also Abde back is a possibility.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I would sign him, yes. But I don't think we are going to do it.

Well one of them could be replaced by a bigger money signing (Kvaradona :D:D:D) and the other maybe promoting somebody from La Masia? There seem to be coming some nice prospects around. Also Abde back is a possibility.

Well I would sign him too if it were Football Manager as there are a lot of guys I'd sign.

Kvaratskhelia did come to mind, but he'd probably cost 100 million? I haven't seen enough of him to be honest.

Agreed, some really nice prospects. Assuming they all pan out, I have a ton of RW prospects in my keeper team such that I could drop Yamal if I wanted to, but they're largely too young right now. The catch is are they ready? We'll need at least three ready players with Dembele's injury track record. I'd sell Abde though. Rather Trincao if it's still a possibility.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Uruguayan sources linking LFC to Ugarte.

I guess Darwin needs a Uruguayan buddy

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I like this move, makes sense. Perfect Fab replacement in a year or two.
Doesn’t play anything like Fab but maybe? Also can’t wait a year or two for Fab replacement. Plays much more mobile than Fab; which isn’t a bad thing

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
yeah. im sure there is about 20 romanian players who gets linked to barca and real madrid aswell, in the romanian press.

this better, cupcake?

Also, you know we had players play for both Barcelona and Madrid, right?

Doesn’t play anything like Fab but maybe? Also can’t wait a year or two for Fab replacement. Plays much more mobile than Fab; which isn’t a bad thing
He's a midfielder who's much better at defending than attacking (where you could even call him useless with his 0g/0a). I don't think he's better than Fabinho right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad