Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Trent should fore sure be one of Liverpool's new midfielders imo, just get a new RB instead. So 2 midfielders and 1 RB?
Well if Trent is playing in midfield it’s three at the back. So yeah they will want another defender but probably CB. Most recent link I saw was to Timber

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Trent should fore sure be one of Liverpool's new midfielders imo, just get a new RB instead. So 2 midfielders and 1 RB?

To be fair, I think the plan is his playing in the midfield in the scheme. I don't know if it works if you can't control the ball, and if you can't get a defender who can make up the spacing. I would still think they need 2 or 3 midfielders, no matter what Trent does. However, some of that depends if they really think Jones can kick on. He's looked pretty good. I don't think Matip was horrible, but I think you'll see a good central defender with pace come in before you see a top RB. Gomez has some attributes to do it, but really can't be trusted to be fit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To be fair, I think the plan is his playing in the midfield in the scheme. I don't know if it works if you can't control the ball, and if you can't get a defender who can make up the spacing. I would still think they need 2 or 3 midfielders, no matter what Trent does. However, some of that depends if they really think Jones can kick on. He's looked pretty good. I don't think Matip was horrible, but I think you'll see a good central defender with pace come in before you see a top RB. Gomez has some attributes to do it, but really can't be trusted to be fit.
I think if Curtis Jones is LFC’s 5th or 6th best midfielder everyone should be incredibly happy with that.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
A team like Newcastle should look long and hard at Grimaldo and Rabiot, two great players on free transfers, in positions of need and who make less than what Bruno does.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Wow, what a bargain, every team should be all over that, even with his wonky ankle. He's been around forever, but he's just 29 btw, and he's been very good for the Mourinho-led Roma, against all odds and expectations.
yeah I have no clue why almost every European team wouldn't inquire about that. A bargin at that price tbh.
He'd have to do some sort of sales job... Emi did say he's calling his friends lol.
Yeah, for sure. I'm mentioning it because Dybala's GF/Wife (not sure if they are married yet) was a part of the interview that just came out and she suggested to him that he ask Paulo. Now, it was sort of in jest but that always gets the rumor mill spinning.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LOOL what an interview... why is she even there? Paulo is a babe and has multi millions... he can do better. You can say the same about his career tbh.

Reactions: JPBolts

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gladbach are being linked to Brandon Vazquez, Vangelis Pavlidis, and the stuttgart-born Jean-Philippe Krasso as replacements for Thuram.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Kane to ManU makes 100% sense to me this summer. Watching him in the 2nd half yesterday playing like Rooney as a 10.......get him with Rashford and Marital and that can be really special.

(although.....Haaland/Kane/DeBruyne would almost be illegal)

I am to the point with Harry that I want him to win something somewhere. My club had their chance and the window is closed for a few years at least, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad