Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed. Don't really want to see them take 30-40 million dollar risks in an attempt to fill the wholes Caicedo and Mac Allister will surely open. Take your time with it and get the right prospects to fill the long-term plans.

The good thing about the midfield is there will be an internal replacement in Jakub Moder coming back from long term injury. He was amazing before getting hurt and will hopefully slot back in.
It depends.
I think they could target one potential "star" midfielder like Roméo Lavia or Manu Koné at a higher price and bringing in maybe 1 or 2 top talented players from lower league at a cheaper price.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It depends.
I think they could target one potential "star" midfielder like Roméo Lavia or Manu Koné at a higher price and bringing in maybe 1 or 2 top talented players from lower league at a cheaper price.
Those are chelsea’s top two targets

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Brighton have the potential to become a powerhouse team if they can manage to get great fees for Caicedo and MacAllister and reinvest into better players. It's hard to do but they seem to have the right recipe and they are one of the few premier league team that is heavily investing into young south american talents which is smart.
They'll run into the same problem as all the other financial-minnow-but-run-well clubs do, a la Leicester. No one bats 1.000 on transfers. The second you start getting a few wrong, it all crumbles. There's no such thing as a powerhouse at that level, it's some high years, followed by the lows.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They'll run into the same problem as all the other financial-minnow-but-run-well clubs do, a la Leicester. No one bats 1.000 on transfers. The second you start getting a few wrong, it all crumbles. There's no such thing as a powerhouse at that level, it's some high years, followed by the lows.
Leicester did win a championship and an FA Cup that is pretty decent IMO.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Leicester did win a championship and an FA Cup that is pretty decent IMO.
No doubt. I wouldn't put that type of expectation on Brighton, but my point really was just that sustainability (as in high-level competitiveness) over the long-long-term isn't really in the cards for a club like that bar something immense. Eventually, clubs start to get it wrong, be it in the transfer market or youth development, and they can't outrun it with money the way all the top clubs can.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe the AI version :sarcasm:

I guess. It just seem like many teams are in for midfielder this summer. Chelsea might hold the card, if they re-sign Mason Mount that could be the first indicator. I also thought that Caicedo was a legit target for Chelsea
Just a guess, but I think they want Lavia, but we'll probably see who Poch wants. I think we'll see a #9, #6, GK, and then a lot of sales/loans/terminations.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Didn’t think he was great in PL before. That’s Ramsey position and I’d rather stick with Ramsey
I think he would be more of a depth signing as we don't really have that many options for those positions -- especially if we miraculously get into Europe for next season.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No doubt. I wouldn't put that type of expectation on Brighton, but my point really was just that sustainability (as in high-level competitiveness) over the long-long-term isn't really in the cards for a club like that bar something immense. Eventually, clubs start to get it wrong, be it in the transfer market or youth development, and they can't outrun it with money the way all the top clubs can.
Yeah, basically the only way to avoid that is to hit for long enough that you can become a commercial powerhouse. But no one has done that organically in a while.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Leverkusen have reportedly already made a bid for Alejo Veliz.

Gladbach, Leverkusen, & Frankfurt are being linked to Fabian Rieder.

Gladbach are also being linked to Jean-Philippe Krasso as a replacement for Marcus Thuram, who Barca is reportedly working on.

Bart Verbruggen is reportedly on Bayern's target list.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Trent should fore sure be one of Liverpool's new midfielders imo, just get a new RB instead. So 2 midfielders and 1 RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad