Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool linked with Khephren Thuram today.

Absolutely 100% yes from me. Was on my radar at the start of the season and he’s really won me over during the course of the season. He’s gotten a lot better as Nice has changed his role a bit. Still think is some upside, and he’s 6’4”. Not sure if he is an alternative to, or would come with a target like Gravenberch, but having both in midfielder is adding a lot of size an athleticism. I’m here for it

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
RBL have been linked to Thuram a lot as well. Seems like they're looking at Thuram & Stach to go with the already announced Seiwald & Sesko, and the all-but-official signing of Baumgartner.

Even if nobody comes for Gvardiol & they get Stach or Thuram, feels like they need 1 more CB:

Sesko/Silva
Szoboslai/Clark - Werner/Baumgartner - Olmo/Forsberg
Schlager/Stach* - Seiwald/Haidara
Raum - Gvardiol - Orban/Simakan - Henrichs/Klostermann
Gulasci/Blaswich​

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I will feel relieved if LFC target other players than Mason Mount.

For the record, I would prefer Maddison over Mount.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just for fun, what are some other attackers who've played in both the BuLi & EPL that I am forgetting?

Player - EPL ppg - BuLi ppg

Sancho - 0.255 - 0.856
Havertz - 0.341 - 0.517
Werner - 0.411 - 0.598
Pulisic - 0.326 - 0.345
Schurrle - 0.279 - 0.430
Gnabry - 0.182 - 0.593
Kramaric - 0.134 - 0.656
Haller - 0.250 - 0.575
Awoniyi - 0.200 - 0.406
Bailey - 0.213 - 0.412

Haaland - 1.321 - 1.209
de Bruyne - 0.697 - 0.621
Gundogan - 0.306 - 0.217
Son - 0.602 - 0.378
Sane - 0.634 - 0.438
Mane - 0.601- 0.500
Firmino - 0.532 - 0.479
Arnautovic - 0.435 - 0.347
Özil - 0.500 - 0.495

Xhaka - 0.169 - 0.084
Groß - 0.304 - 0.257

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Think you have to factor in the timeline. Like özil had enough time for the Bundesliga stain to fade :sarcasm:

Context cuts both ways. Gnabry & Kramaric were on their way to busting until getting saved by the BuLi...while Havertz, Werner, Schurrle, & Pulisic all got Chelsea'd.

So I just wanted to put a list together of the raw #s without context.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Context cuts both ways. Gnabry & Kramaric were on their way to busting until getting saved by the BuLi...while Havertz, Werner, Schurrle, & Pulisic all got Chelsea'd.

So I just wanted to put a list together of the raw #s without context.
Gnabry had arsenal dna, he just needed to be given a chance

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That seems about 16 million too high for him.
Honestly can’t believe my eyes. How did the negotiations go for that one lol…

Kessie
Dest
Lenglolt
Fati
Torres
Garcia
Abde

They may not all be sold but the list above should be in the chopping block. Should raise 150ish million.

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
He would be a good fit there honestly

—-

think it’s interesting that after a few more weeks of bad performances, we are hearing murmurs of cucurella and sterling also being on the block. and colwill’s performances continuing which adds koulibaly to that list. Auba has been out for months.

what an awful summer. all of these tuchel guys played like shit. and he wanted raphinha, mane, Richarlison etc. i guess credit to him for being lukewarm on Kounde.

Fofana is the only positive first team signing from the summer.

Man alive we were run into the ground from 2016 onwards.

—-

also we have signed some other kid on a free. diego moreira of Benfica.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
According to Klopp, they have “around 12” targets for midfielders this summer.

I don’t know how you go from Tchouameni or Bellingham ONLY, to 12 targets. At least one of those last summers would have made a huge difference this season.

Don’t know all 12 but the most common recurring names seem to (alphabetically) be

Barella
Caicedo
Gallagher
Gravenberch
Mac Allister
Matheus Nunes
Mount
Rice

It’s not great, especially if those top guys come off the board

Klopp’s press conference today was a mess. Don’t want to bore the people who don’t care, but if yall want to point and laugh you’ll have plenty of ammo if you look for it.

“Decisions about the budget comes from our owners”

Shocked at how avoidable this all was
Expecting Bellingham and eventually ending up with Gallagher would be hilarious.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

—-

think it’s interesting that after a few more weeks of bad performances, we are hearing murmurs of cucurella and sterling also being on the block. and colwill’s performances continuing which adds koulibaly to that list. Auba has been out for months.

what an awful summer. all of these tuchel guys played like shit. and he wanted raphinha, mane, Richarlison etc. i guess credit to him for being lukewarm on Kounde.

Fofana is the only positive first team signing from the summer.

Man alive we were run into the ground from 2016 onwards.

—-

also we have signed some other kid on a free. diego moreira of Benfica.
Thanks Tuchel...

1682165925015.png

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Expecting Bellingham and eventually ending up with Gallagher would be hilarious.
For sure. But almost anything they do is going to look bad by comparison; which is their own fault. I think they’ve cooled on Gallagher though; or at least he is nearer to the bottom of this list than the top. The hottest names right now are Gravenberch, Mac Allister and Mount. Thuram’s name popped up yesterday too which made me happy. If it’s not going to be Bellingham they may as well get the two young 6’3” guys that can run and have skill. That would at least make sense to me

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

—-

Kounde rejected Chelsea and he would be your best CB.... thanks Tuchel

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad