Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Toronto winter isn't even that bad.

It's like people don't realize it's basically the same temperature as New York.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Given that the MLS season is in the summer, I don’t see why Pogba would even have to spend a single second dealing with Toronto winter 🤷‍♂️
I dunno. TFC has a friendly tomorrow and the windchill was at like -20 last night. So unless he’s gonna show up to the season a full month late, he’d have to deal with the potential for an awful start to the season.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s less the winter. Toronto is an international city (I have cousins who live there) but it’s much more in the Asian way than a culture a French / African soccer player will be in for.

And yes, there is a South American vibe to parts of Miami (though more Caribbean / Russian communities at times) but going to the beach and the club likely would interest a wealthy black athlete. You can say whatever you want about Toronto, but there’s just less to do. There’s a different vibe and mix of population.

If the money is equal, he’s not going to Toronto. That said it’s all moot.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
18 seconds? Couldn’t find a pen loool

In any case, they should just get Martinez, Lio on a bosman and a Cheap DM this summer would be more than good.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Don't think that it's ignorant to suggest that a player may rather play in Miami than Toronto due to the climate.

I think it’s pretty clear the climate is better in Miami, but it’s not like Toronto is an arctic research station. Especially since he lived in Manchester for half a decade and that’s not a city known for its wonderful tropical climate.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you speak Spanish, Miami might be the Best city in North America for a rich athlete. If not the best. Which is nothing against Toronto

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think it’s pretty clear the climate is better in Miami, but it’s not like Toronto is an arctic research station. Especially since he lived in Manchester for half a decade and that’s not a city known for its wonderful tropical climate.
I'm not trying to trash Toronto or anything, and this is all just fantasy talk anyways.

Man United paid Pogba a lot of money to live there. I'm not saying he hated Manchester climate either, but I don't think TFC is going to be significantly outbidding / overpaying on wages compared to other MLS teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad