Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Was talking to my buddy the Man City fan. Thinks Haaland only is staying for a year or two more and Alvarez is the long term answer for them.
Not sure if he wants to play in the championship loool

Seriously though it depends he could be that guy for them ala Silva, or Kun but if Madrid/Barca come calling not sure he can resist.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Link? I haven’t seen this
He was actually at the game vs madrid

Also many clubs in EPL want Molina. Who doesn’t want to leave. If barca f*** this up. I give up. you can have one of Martinez from Girona or Molina. Both could be had.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He was actually at the game vs madrid

Also many clubs in EPL want Molina. Who doesn’t want to leave. If barca f*** this up. I give up. you can have one of Martinez from Girona or Molina. Both could be had.

I mean Mac Allister is better fit for them than guys like Mount, Matheus Nunes and Gravenberch. Would also take him over Caicedo just looking at Brighton players. Sure why not

Reactions: Peen

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean Mac Allister is better fit for them than guys like Mount, Matheus Nunes and Gravenberch. Would also take him over Caicedo just looking at Brighton players. Sure why not
I mean whats stopping them from going

Alexis-Bueonnto
Varela

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They have the funds, so he probably is, they've needed a Pogba-type player since Pogba left.
If the Glazers don’t sell the club we won’t have the funds I don’t think. They‘ve been bleeding the club dry with how they’ve run the club the last decade. Lots of talk about how the spree this last summer cut into next summers budget.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If the Glazers don’t sell the club we won’t have the funds I don’t think. They‘ve been bleeding the club dry with how they’ve run the club the last decade. Lots of talk about how the spree this last summer cut into next summers budget.
If you get an oil money owner who is supposedly interested, you wouldn't have to worry about that lol. It will be you and Newcastle battling for two decades' worth of EPL titles starting in 2027.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If you get an oil money owner who is supposedly interested, you wouldn't have to worry about that lol. It will be you and Newcastle battling for two decades' worth of EPL titles starting in 2027.
Yeah if Qatar buys the club there will be money clearly. But until that happens the club is in a bit of a pickle financially.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m not saying we’re broke, but signing Jude isn‘t going happen with the Glazers money from what it sounds like.
I know I just get a chuckle of any epl team crying poor.

Glazers are drunken sailors with money they spend it like idiots but they do spend at times. ETH just has to hold thier hand, I think you will have a great summer.

They backed him prior to proving himself, Martinez, Anthony, and Timber if Ajax played ball are his guys. Now that he shown he can be elite i figure they trust him more.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hasn’t stopped them before

I’m not saying we’re broke, but signing Jude isn‘t going happen with the Glazers money from what it sounds like.
Stop pretending it’s not happening. I’m not having it when y’all pretend to be surprised about it

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah if Qatar buys the club there will be money clearly. But until that happens the club is in a bit of a pickle financially.
Did that happen with your lots net loss of 200+ million Euros over the most recent summer transfer window with a net gain of simply 13 million? Ten Hag doesn't seem like a huge spender, but he demanded quite a bit of players including Antony for 90 million, Casemiro for 70-ish million, and Lisandro for 60 million.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know I just get a chuckle of any epl team crying poor.

Glazers are drunken sailors with money they spend it like idiots but they do spend at times. ETH just has to hold thier hand, I think you will have a great summer.

They backed him prior to proving himself, Martinez, Anthony, and Timber if Ajax played ball are his guys. Now that he shown he can be elite i figure they trust him more.
I'm not crying poor, I'm just saying a 150mil CM seems unlikely next season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So a couple of LFC CB targets were being discussed today by a mid-level source and I figured I would share here because I thought it was worth the laugh. I laughed anyway.

First off Matip looks on the way out (fine) and LFC realize they have a problem here with all the other CBs in decline and/or injury prone. Also they don’t know how much money they have because they know they need to do the midfield. Which I told y’all would be the case.

Anyway let’s take a look at some names!

Recently scouted Portuguese League targets:
- Antonio Silva (duh)
- Gonçalo Inacio

Young players at rivals that probably won’t sell to LFC:
- Levi Colwill
- Jarred Branthwaite

Player that club doesn’t want to move yet unless for stupid money
- Josko Gvardiol (bonus points as an LFC supporter IRL)

Players that they could have/should have moved for last summer
- Per Schuurs (bonus points for resurrection of old random link)
- Nayef Aguerd

This is the nightmare connect four of lousy LFC scouting and will be their excuse when they kick the can until next summer and the defense crumbles again like it did in two of the last three seasons.

This is a very uninspired list. Don’t think the majority of these players are attainable either. Interesting that they’re a bunch of lefties in there though. What’s left interesting is LFC scouting seems to be valuing referrals and “he was good against us” rather than analytics and stats they previously cared about like winning aerial duels

But again unless they are bailing on Virgil and/or Konate doubt they spend big here without multiple sacrificing to the net spend gods

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Mount leaves, the behind the scenes story on that is going to be fascinating. How do you go so quickly from best player and future captain to out the door. And I feel like I should feel something if he leaves, but this season in general, combined with his play just leaves me not really caring if he goes.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There's so much smoke around this one.

It's not normally how Liverpool operate. But I would not be shocked. He might not have a position, but he's the right age / profile that they likely want with Hendo and Milner moving on. I also wonder if he is more interested with Jude interested in the program.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Either he's destined to go to Liverpool, or all that is being used as leverage in contract negotiations. The fact that Chelsea are bringing in Nkunku and want to make Felix permanent, to me, signals that Mount isn't a huge priority.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Mount leaves, the behind the scenes story on that is going to be fascinating. How do you go so quickly from best player and future captain to out the door. And I feel like I should feel something if he leaves, but this season in general, combined with his play just leaves me not really caring if he goes.

I don’t even think this is a good signing for Liverpool. They should just sign Alexis instead of giving Chelsea money so they can sign Alexis. LFC need midfielders. Mount is not a midfielder

Either he's destined to go to Liverpool, or all that is being used as leverage in contract negotiations. The fact that Chelsea are bringing in Nkunku and want to make Felix permanent, to me, signals that Mount isn't a huge priority.
Hoping it’s agent leverage. I don’t see it. Reminds me in a lot of ways of the Joe Cole transfer honestly

There's so much smoke around this one.

It's not normally how Liverpool operate. But I would not be shocked. He might not have a position, but he's the right age / profile that they likely want with Hendo and Milner moving on. I also wonder if he is more interested with Jude interested in the program.
He’s not a midfielder though. LFC need to get a DOF in because they are just making “name on the back of the kit” signings. This signing would do my head in honestly. There no logical sense.

At least Gakpo is showing signs of life though. Would be happy to be wrong about that too

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
We've gone around in circles on it. His being able to play multiple positions is still a desire for both the manager, and the stat guys. Whether they've found the best use for him, or that he fits what they want to do is certainly up for debate. He brings a physical industry, along with ability to get forward.

For me, I see them trying to get something akin to Hendo / Gini in their pomp. His actual pressing / tackle stats aren't bad for what it's worth. Might not work, but if it doesn't, you can make use of him in a tweener role.

But if it happens, and that's still a big if, I still would put Klopp, and whomever is encouraging the move over what we all think on a hockey message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad