Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know inner wage structure plays a significant factor, but given the board’s interest in reducing wages - Saka signing below 200k p/w does not bode well for Mount.

Even if he rediscovers form before they try again in the summer.. is he going to want more than that still?
And honestly, with Nkunku coming, and the talk of Felix staying, I gotta think they are prepping for Mount to leave. Why pay 3 players significant wages to more or less occupy the same spots on the field?

Reactions: Blender

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
And honestly, with Nkunku coming, and the talk of Felix staying, I gotta think they are prepping for Mount to leave. Why pay 3 players significant wages to more or less occupy the same spots on the field?
Chelsea need more players. At least 11 more.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's talented, absolutely. But a weird move imo.
Yeah he was one of the names that Mel Reddy said was a the list, but that Bayern moved too early on him to give other teams a chance. I mean we all know his positives but I would be very concerned about getting a guy thats barely played in two years and there may be questions about his training. Yes Bayern is tough to break into but if memory serves he had a bit of a weird exit from Ajax too; lost some minutes his final season to Kenneth Taylor. Just a lot of red flags here. Feels very Dutch Pep. Feels similar to a guy like Matheus Nunes who they’ve been linked with, and similar problem that I don’t know how he makes LFC better/helps the things they are bad at. Don’t like the strategy and really think they need to sort out the DOF position ASAP (guy from Eintract Frankfurt was linked recently) before investing. Don’t think what they are looking at now in terms of players besides Bellingham ; i.e. Gravenberch, Mount, Nunes makes any sense

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah he was one of the names that Mel Reddy said was a the list, but that Bayern moved too early on him to give other teams a chance. I mean we all know his positives but I would be very concerned about getting a guy thats barely played in two years and there may be questions about his training. Yes Bayern is tough to break into but if memory serves he had a bit of a weird exit from Ajax too; lost some minutes his final season to Kenneth Taylor. Just a lot of red flags here. Feels very Dutch Pep. Feels similar to a guy like Matheus Nunes who they’ve been linked with, and similar problem that I don’t know how he makes LFC better/helps the things they are bad at. Don’t like the strategy and really think they need to sort out the DOF position ASAP (guy from Eintract Frankfurt was linked recently) before investing. Don’t think what they are looking at now in terms of players besides Bellingham ; i.e. Gravenberch, Mount, Nunes makes any sense

1. Bayern just bought him last summer, so it would be 1 year of limited PT, not two.

Plus he's been a bit of a victim of Sabitzer's weird Bayern tenure. If Marcel had struggled as much this season as he did last season, then Gravenberch would've seen a lot of the ~1000 minutes that Nagelsmann gave to Sabitzer this season.

But since Sabitzer finally settled in, the young dutchmen fell to 4th or 5th choice in the midfield. Won't be surprised if Gravenberch has a similarly much improved second season at FCB.

2. He only missed time for Ajax at the end because of fitness, a bout of corona in the winter an injury to his knee at the end of the season. He played the full 90 in 7 straight matches before hurting his knee.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1. Bayern just bought him last summer, so it would be 1 year of limited PT, not two.

Plus he's been a bit of a victim of Sabitzer's weird Bayern tenure. If Marcel had struggled as much this season as he did last season, then Gravenberch would've seen a lot of the ~1000 minutes that Nagelsmann gave to Sabitzer this season.

But since Sabitzer finally settled in, the young dutchmen fell to 4th or 5th choice in the midfield. Won't be surprised if Gravenberch has a similarly much improved second season at FCB.

2. He only missed time for Ajax at the end because of fitness, a bout of corona in the winter an injury to his knee at the end of the season. He played the full 90 in 7 straight matches before hurting his knee.
Yeah that’s two very interrupted/limited seasons for a player who is pretty raw and needs game time. I don’t like it

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah that’s two very interrupted/limited seasons for a player who is pretty raw and needs game time. I don’t like it

Nah, it's just the 1 season where he's struggled to break into Bayern's lineup. He played 3202 minutes for Ajax last season...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You should, he's a 20 year old who's 1.90 and doesn't have any holes in his game. I like him better defensively than Bellingham.

Yeah. Realistically Bayern will hold onto him and he'll look a ton better next season. Before going on to be a long-term star for...especially if they paired him with Kone, behind Kimmich & LeGo.

But that won't stop me from hoping that Bayern will to do dumb things :laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah. Realistically Bayern will hold onto him and he'll look a ton better next season, before going on to be a long-term star for them.

But that won't stop me from hoping that Bayern will to do dumb things :laugh:
You know when Koeman and his circus were at barca, he couldn't stumble on some good dutch players. Nope we got Depay, Dest, Luuk and dodged the bullet known as Gini. Worst coach I ever seen at barca by farrr

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He has been compared to Pogba for all the good reasons... and the bad ones.

Has he? I didn't pay too much attention to him in Amsterdam, but he's reportedly had a good attitude for Bayern this season despite not being happy about his PT :dunno:

Anyways, Leipzig will be adding Seiwald to replace Laimer.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Has he? I didn't pay too much attention to him in Amsterdam, but he's reportedly had a good attitude for Bayern this season despite not being happy about his PT :dunno:

Anyways, Leipzig will be adding Seiwald to replace Laimer.
It was not just about 'attitude' more about being terribly inconsistent and not able to dominate games like he should based on his talent and physical attributes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Which is why he needs the minutes that he isn’t getting consistently.

Yes & no. He does eventually, but taking a year to settle with a new club that poses a much greater challenge, is not a red flag no matter how you try and twist it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ornstein mentions that Liverpool is interested in Markus Krosche.

He also stated that LFC, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Real Madrid will all be going after Bellingham this summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ornstein mentions that Liverpool is interested in Markus Krosche.

He also stated that LFC, City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Real Madrid will all be going after Bellingham this summer.
Jude is going United

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

If they only had a scout in SA...Overall Laporta and Alemany have done a good job but not having a competent SD really bites.

Was talking to my buddy the Man City fan. Thinks Haaland only is staying for a year or two more and Alvarez is the long term answer for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad