Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Why? They’re getting a truck load of money for basically playing Sunday pickup soccer. Messi can still help a team, though his interest in doing anything when he doesn’t have the ball has basically sailed a while ago. And Ronaldo has priced himself out of anything beyond where he is.

They have never been ones to care about what morality issue there could be with who writes the checks. Maybe Messi slightly more.
Messi has been taking a check from Qatar for two years and has been an ambassador for the Saudi WOrld Cup bid, hasn't he? I doubt he cares.

That they both do not care is what is sad. That the LIV golf guys do not care is sad. That WWE does not care is sad. Everybody is willing to blindly take their money and it is sad.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Messi has been taking a check from Qatar for two years and has been an ambassador for the Saudi WOrld Cup bid, hasn't he? I doubt he cares.

That they both do not care is what is sad. That the LIV golf guys do not care is sad. That WWE does not care is sad. Everybody is willing to blindly take their money and it is sad.
It’s the eternal “I am not a role model” Barkley debate.

I don’t blame a lot of these guys getting theirs while they can. We all know the sport would toss them aside in a second if they couldn’t do it anymore. There also really is no pension or retirement for most. It sucks but I completely understand it

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It’s the eternal “I am not a role model” Barkley debate.

I don’t blame a lot of these guys getting theirs while they can. We all know the sport would toss them aside in a second if they couldn’t do it anymore. There also really is no pension or retirement for most. It sucks but I completely understand it
Oh, I understand it, I just think it is sad.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
To be fair, getting their monies worth is him playing a solid midfield for a decade. His being 19 is part of the deal.

I agree that he should have freedom to go forward, but at least for Liverpool that has to be balanced with pressing and defensive industry. Doesn’t mean he’s gotta kick dudes off the pitch or just defend, but Klopp won’t want him just to play offensively

He's a good presser, you just don't want English-LeGo wasting too much energy rushing back if the initial press is beaten. That's why I think he'd be fine in a midfield trio for LFC, Real, or Citeh. But sticking him behind a more traditional 10 is asking for him to underwhelm.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think that at the end of the day the strongest likelihood for Messi is resigning, much as it might look ill-fated atm. I don't buy MLS, he's too young and good still. Doubly so for the Saudi talk. Feels like too many barriers for Barca, though it's where I'd like to see him go. And if I put myself in his shoes, City just makes way too much sense, almost a no-brainer honestly.

Honestly I’d be shocked if he doesn’t go to barca at this point.

City is in limbo but would’ve been a good option otherwise
Messi is going to Miami.

@Duchene2MacKinnon should just buy himself a jersey already.
Not yet
Seeing the two best players of this generation end up in Saudi Arabia would be incredibly sad.
Everyone has a price.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So what? 300 million to fix Liverpool?
Please. They are going to sell Salah to PSG to finance Jude, Jude is going to sign with Utd and we are going to get stuck with like Mason Mount and Matheus Nunes and we are going to be shite again AND the fan base is going to implode

Doesn’t help that the team needs a heart transplant. They quit after the Ali howler. All of them quit. This team used to be able to take a punch. Now they shrink when things don’t go their way.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Think Emi Martinez moves on in the summer tbh. not sure who will pay what we want for him though

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
There were reports saying he wants CL footy. No team has a real need for him. So his options are limited. There’s always chelsea though.
yeah that is for sure. Not that I paticularly want to see him go, but I can easily see Unai wanting a keeper who can play out of the back and that isn't Emi's strong suit.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If that's the minimum, I doubt anybody pays that. But if he insists on CL and the price is lower, then Spurs is an option too. lloris is on his last legs.
God that would suck.

I mean kepa was sold for 3 trillion dollars I don’t know the market. EPL teams are flushed with cash unless Emi forces himself out I don’t think he’s cheap.

Reactions: JPBolts

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
If that's the minimum, I doubt anybody pays that. But if he insists on CL and the price is lower, then Spurs is an option too. lloris is on his last legs.
i think they would be looking for a GK record fee

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Messi coming back to Barca just feels right. Would hate to see him go elsewhere in Europe. Either back to Barca or go play in MLS imo.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There were reports saying he wants CL footy. No team has a real need for him. So his options are limited. There’s always chelsea though.
I would rather we focus our funds on a 6 to shield enzo and to support the young Cb’s.

Kepa has been decent this season. Shot stopping and distribution are the best they have been for us since he got here. Still might have the least commanding presence of any goalie I have ever seen. Allergic to crosses, and it costs us goals.

Really think it is important that we make a push and at least get into the conference league. I know it’s meme but they would benefit from having the extra games to be able to offer more playing time with the large squad.

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad