Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The player needs to be interested and from the german reporting, Jude seems to be much more interested in Klopp or the Bernabeu.
You heard it here first. Don’t be surprised.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Mount will be back to be a top player but is not going to happen in Chelsea, he looks checked out from the team. It happens.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You heard it here first. Don’t be surprised.

I've heard it from other EPL fans too, it just hasn't been reflected in the german reporting.

I also don't think United would be the best fit for Jude unless they're planning to sell Bruno since they don't have the defense to rely on Casemiro doing all of the work while Jude & Bruno bomb forward.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I've heard it from other EPL fans too, it just hasn't been reflected in the german reporting.

I also don't think United would be the best fit for Jude unless they're planning to sell Bruno since they don't have the defense to rely on Casemiro doing all of the work while Jude & Bruno bomb forward.
Since when do United care about fit?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When does United care about fit - from the guy who is a fan of a team who bought 7 players for the front 3 and no MFs for the past 3 years.
Since when have I said I was a fan of that approach? If anything that qualifies me to recognize it. LFC used to care about fit, now they don’t. And we see what’s happened there

Since ETH came in obviously?
This is fair but the recent history is of Utd buying the name on the back of the kit. Point I’m making is I highly doubt they pass on Bellingham because of Bruno

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Since when have I said I was a fan of that approach? If anything that qualifies me to recognize it. LFC used to care about fit, now they don’t. And we see what’s happened there

This is fair but the recent history is of Utd buying the name on the back of the kit. Point I’m making is I highly doubt they pass on Bellingham because of Bruno

That wasn't my point. My point was that Bellingham would pass on them because of Bruno, not that they would pass on him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That wasn't my point. My point was that Bellingham would pass on them because of Bruno, not that they would pass on him.
I don’t think that happens either. I don’t think players are wired like that

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t think that happens either. I don’t think players are wired like that

Some are, some aren't. Jude has been very intentional about picking the best fit for him and his career. That's why he went to BVB in the first place.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not just him, but his parents.

He's going to get buckets of cash wherever he goes. And if it doesn't work, he can move in 4-5 seasons and get buckets of cash again.

I don't think Liverpool win out ultimately, but I don't think he's just looking for the Brinks Truck to unload at his doorstep either. If he was, he would have already moved.

Reactions: cgf

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
If United secure CL football for next season they will be in the running for Belllingham. Bellingham and Bruno Fernandes have nothing to do with each other, he'd play alongside Casemiro and Bruno.

And if Qatar takeover Man U, no player is out of their reach.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
If United secure CL football for next season they will be in the running for Belllingham. Bellingham and Bruno Fernandes have nothing to do with each other, he'd play alongside Casemiro and Bruno.

It's not like United has been digging for change in the couch cushions. They spent over $200M last summer. They've just spent it poorly a lot of the time. I don't think Qatar owners change that.

Reactions: TheShape

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They'll be able to meet the asking price on ridiculous buyouts if they want. They can eat mistakes much easier.

But, yeah, if the going rate for Jude is 120 million, there will be 3 or 4 clubs at least willing to pay it. It's not like all of a sudden United flush with cash can just offer 250 and that's it.

Wages might be slightly different, but for most players it's not the end all be all.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
ETH is also a rising star. The more he has a hold over the squad and it’s direction the better off united would be. If the new owners don’t get in the way of the football guys united will be in better shape for the next 3-5 years then the previous decade. That much is clear

Reactions: Gecklund

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
ETH is also a rising star. The more he has a hold over the squad and it’s direction the better off united would be. If the new owners don’t get in the way of the football guys united will be in better shape for the next 3-5 years then the previous decade. That much is clear
I do think they'll be better with ETH, but I don't think Qatar ownership changes all that much. If anything it probably just means they pay $120M for someone like Antony instead of $100M.

The Glazers suck, but the problem has been how massive amounts of money has been spent. Not whether they have it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I do think they'll be better with ETH, but I don't think Qatar ownership changes all that much. If anything it probably just means they pay $120M for someone like Antony instead of $100M.

The Glazers suck, but the problem has been how massive amounts of money has been spent. Not whether they have it.
I think the issue most united fans have with the owners wasn't that they didn't spend ala Kroenke of Arsenal, its that they didn't really have a plan and would buy aimlessly or would drag their feet on the needs of the club. UTD fans can correct me if im wrong here but that's my POV.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Has Bruno been playing on the wing for ETH? Cause if he's still at the 10, he very much has to do with Jude. Casemiro's a beast, but he can't be your only midfielder who defends.

Jude presses well, but he needs to be free to play up the pitch...not spend all of his energy charging back to defend when the initial press is beaten.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think the issue most united fans have with the owners wasn't that they didn't spend ala Kroenke of Arsenal, its that they didn't really have a plan and would buy aimlessly or would drag their feet on the needs of the club. UTD fans can correct me if im wrong here but that's my POV.
Yup. That’s been by far the biggest problem. The board didn’t tend to back managers with how they wanted to play, they brought in big names a majority of the time. Or they’d get backed for one window, would get impatient and either fire the manager or buy big names.

And when they fired managers they hired bad and managers that completely contradicted what they were “building” prior to that manager. Also I know LvG gets a lot of hate for his time here, but he was doing exactly what a manager should’ve been doing for where the club was at the time. I think while the play style was pretty awful, he was in the process of setting the team up for longer term success, which they ultimately torched by hiring Mou right after him.

It’s nice to see Murtough has come in to replace Woodward and stayed completely out of the footballing stuff unlike Woodward. He’s let ETH pick the direction of the club athletically, brought in guys to work hand in hand with ETH and done a good job of doing making sure the club has a vision. Will it get us back to the top? Who knows but I’d rather fail this way than the way we did the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad