Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
We just haven't seen that with most other stars that came over and stayed relatively injury-free. Henry, Zlatan, Beckham, Villa etc. They all played a lot and contributed well. Guys like Gerrard and Lampard had injury issues. Even Pirlo played a good amount, he just sucked. Messi is going to play a lot. This won't be some part time gig.

I agree. He sounds different in his own words, but Messi has never been one to play fewer matches much less play fewer minutes.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
MLS will schedule all his matches in the summer at night to avoid the 90-100 degree problem. Perhaps that's a little unfair but they're definitely going to.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
MLS will schedule all his matches in the summer at night to avoid the 90-100 degree problem. Perhaps that's a little unfair but they're definitely going to.

I mean they already do anyway. MLS has pushed for more of a singular time spot this year, with almost all games starting in the early evening on Saturday’s now.

If I had to guess, if I’m Messi, the 3 games I’d “rest” if they were on the schedule. All 3 PNW teams play on turf, and that flight is quite long for euro league standards.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean they already do anyway. MLS has pushed for more of a singular time spot this year, with almost all games starting in the early evening on Saturday’s now.

If I had to guess, if I’m Messi, the 3 games I’d “rest” if they were on the schedule. All 3 PNW teams play on turf, and that flight is quite long for euro league standards.
I am definitely biased as a Seattle fan but this is for both Seattle and Portland. Yes they are on turf but I would love to play in those stadiums in front of those fans.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Yeah, St. Louis has one day game all season.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Seems like a lot of major pieces moving out of the City squad, will be interested to see how Pep fills things out.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Reject all the offers please

Well he still has a contract with City, so may not be as easy as some of the other deals, but I’m sure it could get done.

They’re after everyone if rumors are true. Aubameyang and Lewandowski both came up the other day.

Seems like a lot of major pieces moving out of the City squad, will be interested to see how Pep fills things out.

Agreed, though no matter how he does it, he still has to put it all together and even if that goes well it’ll stay take some time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I agree tbh
Which European club would be willing to pay a big for a 32 year old (he’s bot done yet but some clubs might be put off by his age)
I think he should be looking at someone like Marseille, Monaco, AC Milan, Lazio, Newcastle, Atletico (if Simeone leaves) or dare I say Tottenham lol. He's still a starting winger that can put up 15 goals and 15 assists. I would say Inter as well, but they are mega-broke. Spurs might be the best bet for him to show how good he is, especially if Kane leaves for Madrid. Add Napoli if one of Lozano, Osimhen, or Kvaratskhelia leaves.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If City are smart they could clear all FFP funny business with one window
City don’t really have any FFP issues, they have fraud issues.

On their books they have plenty of revenue to cover their purchases, the issue is their books are cooked as hell.

They got lucky that CAS decided that fraud is fine as long as you can hide it for a few years, but they’ll still got the FA discipline stuff. No amount of players sales or wage will offset that.

Either they’ll bribe their way out with the FA or they’ll get a significant punishment. My money is on the first option.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I think he should be looking at someone like Marseille, Monaco, AC Milan, Lazio, Newcastle, Atletico (if Simeone leaves) or dare I say Tottenham lol. He's still a starting winger that can put up 15 goals and 15 assists. I would say Inter as well, but they are mega-broke. Spurs might be the best bet for him to show how good he is, especially if Kane leaves for Madrid. Add Napoli if one of Lozano, Osimhen, or Kvaratskhelia leaves.
I like Milan (need firepower) , Newcastle (Mahrez has PL tirle experience) and Spurs

Reactions: S E P H
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad