Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
For those wondering about Messi in MLS, it's as if the owners of an ECHL teams had deep enough pockets, and the creativity/contacts to make a big financial package, to bring Sidney Crosby with the Idaho Steelheads for 2 years.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Insane money. About 70% of Chelsea's entire wage bill to one player, all tax free for him. He and his family are set for life now with this.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Watch Messi be "load managed" the same way NBA stars are, and he will end up only playing in half or less of the scheduled games.

Which will leave many fans who hoped to watch Messi play live in their cities severely disappointed and frustrated.
I don’t know if he will be load managed, but he ain’t playing on turf

Reactions: Pink Mist

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If you are paying him a percentage of subscription money and product revenue then he better be playing every game. Unless those deals are only based on a games played percentage if not and you let him take games off because the 3 hour private charter is too much for him then you played yourself. I need to see more details of his contract when he finally signs it but the stuff mentioned so far is a bad look for MLS to me.
This guy is an MLS lawyer?

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki

Insane money. About 70% of Chelsea's entire wage bill to one player, all tax free for him. He and his family are set for life now with this.

Saudi league footballers and LIV (or whatever the new tour will be called) golfers will dominate the next ”best paid athletes” lists.

I read that the Saudis are trying to bring up to 50 players from Europe this(?) summer. Great times for 30+ yo former stars and younger second-rate players.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This guy is an MLS lawyer?

No, just someone who doesn't like how the league is bending over backwards for this guy while f***ing over the rest of the players. The MLS needs to get rid of the salary cap, TAM, GAM and such if you are going to pay 1 player stupid money. Let teams pay players more and you can get better quality in the league, that will improve the game and make it better to watch. Messi isn't improving the quality of the league, he'll get a few more eyes in but that's it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, just someone who doesn't like how the league is bending over backwards for this guy while f***ing over the rest of the players. The MLS needs to get rid of the salary cap, TAM, GAM and such if you are going to pay 1 player stupid money. Let teams pay players more and you can get better quality in the league, that will improve the game and make it better to watch. Messi isn't improving the quality of the league, he'll get a few more eyes in but that's it.
He will bring them more money which is why they made the move... growing the game is irrelevant everything is about the bottom line.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Not sure what you‘re referring to. I assume you mean he’ll be rotated somehow? I wouldn’t expect him to play every match once things get going, but definitely the vast majority.

I doubt he plays on turf fields

EDIT: someone else also mentioned it above

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Did you guys forget that Messi might win the ballon d'or this year (definitely top 3)? Some of you are talking like he's already washed up and is going to need a walker to get around on the pitch

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Feels like all these top clubs in europe need midfielders outside of Madrid

Whoever leaves it late will be in trouble.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
1686220856743.png

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
You guys are kidding yourself if you don't think that Messi will start 9 out 10 matches, averaging 80 min or so per match, once things get going and barring injury. He'll miss most turf games like the Henry's Beckham's, Zlatan's did, but that's it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You guys are kidding yourself if you don't think that Messi will start 9 out 10 matches, averaging 80 min or so per match, once things get going and barring injury. He'll miss most turf games like the Henry's Beckham's, Zlatan's did, but that's it.
I could see it but I could also see a mature Messi not really caring. Young Messi always wanted to play and made a big stink when not playing. Im unsure either way tbh.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Sooo, did we ever find out what black magic Liverpool employed to get Mac Allister for what like half of what it sounded like he was going to cost?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You think he's gonna want to play in that heat with humidity when it's 90+ in August?

Maybe... but I think it's going to be a managed process.
You funny muricans with your weird numbers.

Who knows. Only Messi will.
Sooo, did we ever find out what black magic Liverpool employed to get Mac Allister for what like half of what it sounded like he was going to cost?
Release clause most likely. And tapping up the player clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad