Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You can't compare Odegaard's trajectory as a Real player to that of Camavinga.
Camavinga actually gets starts compared to Martin who was never really given a shot because at the time Real had one of the best midfields
Yeah and they got even better with Bellingham, so who's coming out from the line up for them?

There is a lot of talk about if Ancelotti is even returning as manager and a lot of rumours of them buying Kane to replace Benzema. However, if we use Carlo's formation, next year's team can look like this...

Kane
Junior ----------------------------- Rodrygo
Bellingham ----- Camavinga
Kroos
Rudiger - Fernandez - Militao - Carvajal
Courtois

Odd blokes out are Tchoumeni, Modric, and Valverde. Valverde/Tchoumeni is perfect for the Arsenal.​

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I was mad when he left LAFC but damn dude coming back to play in Salt Lake City (the idea of them getting an NHL team is hilarious to me). I've been there and I wouldn't do that shit.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Yeah and they got even better with Bellingham, so who's coming out from the line up for them?

There is a lot of talk about if Ancelotti is even returning as manager and a lot of rumours of them buying Kane to replace Benzema. However, if we use Carlo's formation, next year's team can look like this...

Kane
Kroos
Courtois

Odd blokes out are Tchoumeni, Modric, and Valverde. Valverde/Tchoumeni is perfect for the Arsenal.​

Tchou starts over Kroos
Valverde rotate with Rodrygo.
Simple

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Kane
Kroos
Courtois

I would say Valverde and even then he's an excellent option to rotate with Vini and Rodrygo as he also is capable of playing in that role. Another option is that they play a 4-4-2 with the 4 of them and Vini - Kane/Havertz/Rodrygo up top

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Barcelona statement on Messi joining Miami is so small time

Speaking of small time, if you are Harry Kane, when Madrid come calling, how do you stay at Spuds when you just watched Declan Rice lift a trophy before you?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A lot to unpack with the Messi news:

-Full respect to him for making a decision he feels comfortable with. He clearly didn’t make the move for money alone or he’d have gone elsewhere. That said, I’m sure he’s going to be very handsomely compensated, but I think this really came down to slowing down and enjoying time with his family.
-Totally understand slowing things down a bit, but I think the travel with MLS might feel notably different and maybe things won’t be quite as relaxed as he anticipates.
-From a footballing standpoint I think it’s a mistake. I think he had another season or two at a high enough level and that a return Barca (all things considered) would have been a better idea. He’s still going to live there in the future, the kids can settle/re-settle and you still get a high level for another year or two. Take Barca out of it and he says he wouldn’t want to play elsewhere in Europe, but I think there might have been some other interesting options elsewhere as well. Would love to know every club that fielded an offer either formally or informally.
-Kind of odd his talking about the salaries of other players since they‘ve been affected by his salary for some time. Also odd that he talks about money and feasibility when he said he’d have played for free, no?
-Still clearly some tension there between Messi and Barca. Not sure I get it at this point from either side. Messi should move on and at some stage understand that his enormous salary when he was at Barca contributed to his leaving in the end. The club should move on and their tweets post interview would have been better left unsaid. I understand they’re wanting to get the ”facts” straight, but other ways to do that.
-Very clear that this move was the reason behind the Messi camp wanting things done so quickly. That certainly didn’t help with any move back to Barca in the end and depending on when he’d join up with Inter Miami in terms of actually training and such, I don’t think it was necessary. Surely they would have waited for him.
-It sounds like Inter Miami would have fired Neville regardless, but the timing in relation to this decision seems somewhat telling.

Barcelona statement on Messi joining Miami is so small time

I was essentially posting as much at the exact same time. Still, Messi said some things I can understand the club wanting to “respond” to. I’d have done it differently myself, but I understand wanting to reply based on some things he said.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Valverde should be starter. He is way too good to be rotational.

If they bring in Bellingham then someone will have to be at any given time barring injuries and/or playing someone well out of position assuming Benzema isn’t replaced. If they bring in Kane it’ll be even worse. Camavinga continuing at LB would help with this, but as I said a month or so back you may end up with an unhappy camper. I think it’s manageable and I wouldn’t let that stop my recruitment, but it’s definitely a possibility.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi will play copa and one must'n even rule out the WC just yet. Hell he might even pull an Ibra. After his loan to Inter Miami. We move 2024.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
A lot to unpack with the Messi news:

-Full respect to him for making a decision he feels comfortable with. He clearly didn’t make the move for money alone or he’d have gone elsewhere. That said, I’m sure he’s going to be very handsomely compensated, but I think this really came down to slowing down and enjoying time with his family.
-Totally understand slowing things down a bit, but I think the travel with MLS might feel notably different and maybe things won’t be quite as relaxed as he anticipates.
-From a footballing standpoint I think it’s a mistake. I think he had another season or two at a high enough level and that a return Barca (all things considered) would have been a better idea. He’s still going to live there in the future, the kids can settle/re-settle and you still get a high level for another year or two. Take Barca out of it and he says he wouldn’t want to play elsewhere in Europe, but I think there might have been some other interesting options elsewhere as well. Would love to know every club that fielded an offer either formally or informally.
-Kind of odd his talking about the salaries of other players since they‘ve been affected by his salary for some time. Also odd that he talks about money and feasibility when he said he’d have played for free, no?
-Still clearly some tension there between Messi and Barca. Not sure I get it at this point from either side. Messi should move on and at some stage understand that his enormous salary when he was at Barca contributed to his leaving in the end. The club should move on and their tweets post interview would have been better left unsaid. I understand they’re wanting to get the ”facts” straight, but other ways to do that.
-Very clear that this move was the reason behind the Messi camp wanting things done so quickly. That certainly didn’t help with any move back to Barca in the end and depending on when he’d join up with Inter Miami in terms of actually training and such, I don’t think it was necessary. Surely they would have waited for him.
-It sounds like Inter Miami would have fired Neville regardless, but the timing in relation to this decision seems somewhat telling.

I was essentially posting as much at the exact same time. Still, Messi said some things I can understand the club wanting to “respond” to. I’d have done it differently myself, but I understand wanting to reply based on some things he said.
MLS might want it, but he's not gonna likely play every match I would think

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
MLS might want it, but he's not gonna likely play every match I would think

Not sure what you‘re referring to. I assume you mean he’ll be rotated somehow? I wouldn’t expect him to play every match once things get going, but definitely the vast majority.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not sure what you‘re referring to. I assume you mean he’ll be rotated somehow? I wouldn’t expect him to play every match once things get going, but definitely the vast majority.
I would think he misses midweek or long travel. Beckham certainly had some trips he did not make or did not play. Injury might be the cause, but I would bet my house his minutes are managed

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I would think he misses midweek or long travel. Beckham certainly had some trips he did not make or did not play. Injury might be the cause, but I would bet my house his minutes are managed

That would be disappointing, but I guess I shouldn’t be entirely surprised if it happens all things considered.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Eastern Conference is a lot less travel, but also keep in mind that MLS often plays during international breaks and those games he'll surely miss. They should have a Copa break next summer considering it's here but they never do.

The Leagues Cup gimmick is another potential issue but there's also five subs per match now. Considering all that stuff he'll be heavily rotated and at his age and given our weather he probably won't play more than 60 minutes a match.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That would be disappointing, but I guess I shouldn’t be entirely surprised if it happens all things considered.
Nah it would be hilarious. manage his minutes, keep fresh for the NT. Although I’m weary this causes him to lose his edge. But it’s Messi

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Watch Messi be "load managed" the same way NBA stars are, and he will end up only playing in half or less of the scheduled games.

Which will leave many fans who hoped to watch Messi play live in their cities severely disappointed and frustrated.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If you are paying him a percentage of subscription money and product revenue then he better be playing every game. Unless those deals are only based on a games played percentage if not and you let him take games off because the 3 hour private charter is too much for him then you played yourself. I need to see more details of his contract when he finally signs it but the stuff mentioned so far is a bad look for MLS to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad