Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You don't think it is true though? There is probably a Messi version in Super Smash Bros., but because it is a niche gaming sport, that person doesn't get the credentials that Messi gets for playing the most global sport in the world.

Magnus Carlsen is probably the best chess player of all time, but he ain't getting endorsements from the oil field for billion-dollar contract you know?
What does that have to do with the post you quoted though?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hopefully that is prescient and the 15th is his first game
So I know a guy who is connected to an MLS team based in the northeast; and a birdie told him that Messi isn’t taking the field until August; but we will see if that proven to be accurate or not. Also if I was a team that plays on turf, I might not buy a ticket expecting to see Messi; which is similar to the Thierry Henry schedule with RBNY

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Diouf is a Rennes product, highly rated and for some reason Rennes sold him to Basel only for him to shine.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm literally going to get Apple TV so I can watch Messi and Inter Miami, so I can see why they are giving him some of the money. I've been trying to watch more MLS, especially now that the Prem season is done, but it's such a pain to try and watch games. I want to watch CF Montreal and I even have RDS, but they're missing a bunch of the games. Messi is going to be what makes me pay for the service, can't wait to watch him carve up the league.
It's probably the "best" of the sports packages right now. Every game, no blackouts, and all "neutral" announcing teams (unfortunately, we do have to put up with Taylor Twellman).

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Messi can go to MLS all he wants and I still don't have an interest to watch a retirement league.

Bellingham to Real is great news for the Arsenal, they should stop pursuing Rice and focus on any efforts to unsettle Valverde/Camavinga/Tchouameni at all costs.
This may be true for some/much of the "top" talent, but it's far more an American (e.g. North/Central/South) development league than it is a retirement league.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Messi can go to MLS all he wants and I still don't have an interest to watch a retirement league.

Bellingham to Real is great news for the Arsenal, they should stop pursuing Rice and focus on any efforts to unsettle Valverde/Camavinga/Tchouameni at all costs.

Yeah, good luck with that.
There's nothing wrong with that rotation. Valverde can also play up front.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would be shocked if Messi played before August, this season's also a lost cause for Miami and they're in last place. I bet they'll hire Martino.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, good luck with that.
There's nothing wrong with that rotation. Valverde can also play up front.
All these blokes have egos, they won't be wanting to sit on the bench.

Constant rotation is very much wishful thinking, there won't be rotation in every single La Liga match every weekend. Arsenal did that under Emery and it never got them anywhere. The only good thing that Real has going for them is that Modric and Kroos are close to retiring or moving to a lower-level team.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It's probably the "best" of the sports packages right now. Every game, no blackouts, and all "neutral" announcing teams (unfortunately, we do have to put up with Taylor Twellman).
I just cancelled my DAZN before it auto renewed, and I'm still cross about how I went from one service last year with MLS, CL, and EPL to needing separate services for each this year. With the NHL also having its hand out, I'm miserable with the state of sports broadcasting in Canada. I'd sail the high seas, but those sites all suck.

Pretty excited to see Liverpool getting MacAllister, the midfield desperately needs it. Not sure if the plan is to keep Alexander Arnold at RB or play him as a midfielder, but having MacAllister, Fabinho, and Jones, along with Elliott, Thiago, and whichever of the kids are still around is decent. Not amazing, but decent. They also need to go out and get another CB. (And a RB if TAA is a midfielder ofc)

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
My money is on both Messi and Busquets bossing the MLS the way it's never been seen before.
Yeah I thought Pirlo would do that but he was almost unplayable. Messi will do great but I don't know about Busquets. In MLS you get rewarded for how much you can run. The best teams of recent memory were all filled with South American kids who could run.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The ONE THING that you need to do in MLS is run the whole game. It doesn’t need to be fast, it doesn’t need to be pretty, but you have to be able to run

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
All these blokes have egos, they won't be wanting to sit on the bench.

Constant rotation is very much wishful thinking, there won't be rotation in every single La Liga match every weekend. Arsenal did that under Emery and it never got them anywhere. The only good thing that Real has going for them is that Modric and Kroos are close to retiring or moving to a lower-level team.

There's plenty of competition for rotations. Each will get nearly 75% starts. I personally don't see an issue.
Arsenal should poach someone less known who has potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad