Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would guess he is also a pretty good businessman if he got the rights to a franchise. Franchises are going for over 500M at the moment and will only go up. That right there could make him a billionaire. The cut of Apple TV subscriptions could be pretty good considering they will skyrocket because of Messi. Then, well, Miami are probably giving him a huge bag per year.
Also the smartest businessman of all time? What a human(if he is even that)?

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
Has there been any talk about when Messi would be expected to make his MLS debut? Can't imagine it's before August as his off-season has only just begun.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Bayern are being linked to 18yo Joao Neves
- Angelo Stiller could be heading to Stuttgart
- Leipzig are tracking Basel's Andy Diouf
- ManU are reportedly testing Bayern's resolve on Goretzka.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think if they get their #6 they are actually probably more than happy to sell Goretzka, especially if they can get a good price on him.

Yeah. With Kimmich, Rice, Laimer, & Gravenberch; plus Musiala & Guerreiro capable of deputizing at the 8, Sabitzer's future still uncertain, & the kids in their academy; they could certainly afford to cash in on Leon for a strong offer.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
MLS needed to make the move, while nothing is out public apparently the Apple numbers aren’t great and unless you’re a hardcore fan of the league without much local coverage MLS has lost a lot of buzz

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Has there been any talk about when Messi would be expected to make his MLS debut? Can't imagine it's before August as his off-season has only just begun.
Hopefully July 15.
FL also has no state income tax.

Uncle Sam still will get his cut, but lot of good accountants there.
This only matters for home games, though.

Reactions: Allens Five Hole

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would imagine that “next season” there is just Fab being sloppy with language, meaning to indicate that he won’t be playing in Europe “next season.”

A single player getting a share of TV revenue is nuts… where’s the MLSPA?
Exactly they should nix the deal and send him to barca as punishment.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Next season? Not this?
Imagine he wants to take time recovering.

I would imagine that “next season” there is just Fab being sloppy with language, meaning to indicate that he won’t be playing in Europe “next season.”

A single player getting a share of TV revenue is nuts… where’s the MLSPA?
Riding ride floats all boats. Or whatever the saying is.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
As an MLS fan I don't like this deal one bit. Nothing against Messi getting paid but it makes the league look desperate. Not to mention how terrible their salary structure is and then this guy comes in and takes all this league revenue. Money should be going across the board to bring the level of players up all over the league. If you're going to bend over backwards for a guy you should at least do it for someone younger who will be around much longer, I can't see Messi being there more than 2 years. They should've went for Neymar who's like 5 years younger.

Edit: another thing, at least when they brought in Beckham and offered him a potential future franchise that dude was a shill for the league. He wasn't worried about selling out and promoting the league everywhere. Is Messi willing to do that? Also someone said he doesn't really speak English, that's gonna be an issue.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'm literally going to get Apple TV so I can watch Messi and Inter Miami, so I can see why they are giving him some of the money. I've been trying to watch more MLS, especially now that the Prem season is done, but it's such a pain to try and watch games. I want to watch CF Montreal and I even have RDS, but they're missing a bunch of the games. Messi is going to be what makes me pay for the service, can't wait to watch him carve up the league.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Messi can go to MLS all he wants and I still don't have an interest to watch a retirement league.

Bellingham to Real is great news for the Arsenal, they should stop pursuing Rice and focus on any efforts to unsettle Valverde/Camavinga/Tchouameni at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad