Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
City don’t really have any FFP issues, they have fraud issues.

On their books they have plenty of revenue to cover their purchases, the issue is their books are cooked as hell.

They got lucky that CAS decided that fraud is fine as long as you can hide it for a few years, but they’ll still got the FA discipline stuff. No amount of players sales or wage will offset that.

Either they’ll bribe their way out with the FA or they’ll get a significant punishment. My money is on the first option.
I mean, they could clear up the need to fraud if they sold big to Saudi

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I mean, they could clear up the need to fraud if they sold big to Saudi
Ok, but they already did the fraud. Can't change that. It's just up to the FA to have some balls and actually do something about punishing them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The release clause for McAllisteZ was only 35 millions, in this market?

yes it was set before the WC but damn
I like Brighton, but some of that is deserved. Their shareholders go as a storm on Twitter telling how they ain't selling anyone like they're some sort of a chick magnet and then lose almost 50% fee on one of their best players. It just sucks that it's Liverpool.

Reactions: Power Man

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bellingham deal

- 103 million euros
- Add-ons up to 134 million euros
- Dortmund gets 30% of fixed fees as well
- Contract is 10 million per year for Jude.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Naby Keita signing with Werder Bremen of all clubs.

Not sure what Bremen’s project is looking like nowadays but he will have a cool kit at the least

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Geeez, hope Augsburg managed to make their fee back. For their biggest transfer ever that was a colossal bust.
I don't really think it was that big of a bust from a talent perspective. Pepi had a really strong year in the Netherlands this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see him really break out with PSV.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I don't really think it was that big of a bust from a talent perspective. Pepi had a really strong year in the Netherlands this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see him really break out with PSV.
I'm looking at it from an Augsburg perspective. Spent a record (for them) and got 16 games (most of those not even starts) and 0 goals and it's sounding like they are probably taking a loss.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Gundogan really making the rounds in the Barca press. Amrabat a bit too. On the slightly more interesting side, Mika Marmol was sold to Andorra last year and now after supposedly having a good season is garnering interest. Barca can bring him back for only 1 million which would probably be a smart move and then loan him out, though not sure the player would agree to that. Marmol was well regarded before he left. Interesting to see how he’d perform at higher level.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gundogan really making the rounds in the Barca press. Amrabat a bit too. On the slightly more interesting side, Mika Marmol was sold to Andorra last year and now after supposedly having a good season is garnering interest. Barca can bring him back for only 1 million which would probably be a smart move and then loan him out, though not sure the player would agree to that. Marmol was well regarded before he left. Interesting to see how he’d perform at higher level.
The lack of any interest in Redondo displeases me.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They’re going to go after someone established in Europe. If we were looking at Argentina I’m not sure Redondo is the best option.
Amrabat to insulate a young DM would be a good idea.

Really because from what I've seen he would be perfect for barca. Better option than Varela, Vera or Sforza etc

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Amrabat to insulate a young DM would be a good idea.

Really because from what I've seen he would be perfect for barca. Better option than Varela, Vera or Sforza etc

I would say the jury is still out on those guys. A year ago you’d likely have said something different. That’s not a slight on you, but opinions change. I need to see more of him. I like Varela defensively, but like Sforza on the ball more.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would say the jury is still out on those guys. A year ago you’d likely have said something different. That’s not a slight on you, but opinions change. I need to see more of him. I like Varela defensively, but like Sforza on the ball more.
I think their fine players and Id be content with any of them but Redondo's style (flair) is really special. Could flame out but he's my preference, new flavor of the month.

Reactions: les Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad