Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If Saudi Arabia tried something like that UEFA and FIFA would step in very fast and overreach to stop it.
As long as they get their share, they are gonna take the money and kiss the ring.

- FIFA did not stop Qatar for buying a World Cup and using slaves to build stadiums
- FIFA and UEFA (or the FA for that matter) did not stop regimes from buying clubs

They won't do shit unless not involved at first and then, they'll do like the PGA and take the Saudi check. What might prevent it is the backlash from the fans. Football fans in Europe are not like golf fans, the reaction would be much more extreme.

That being said, I saw on Twitter (yeah, I know) that the Saudi League as a 20B war chess to go after star players.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
They know that once they get Havertz, they won't need old-man-Kai :sarcasm:
1686083498981.png

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
As long as they get their share, they are gonna take the money and kiss the ring.

- FIFA did not stop Qatar for buying a World Cup and using slaves to build stadiums
- FIFA and UEFA (or the FA for that matter) did not stop regimes from buying clubs

They won't do shit unless not involved at first and then, they'll do like the PGA and take the Saudi check. What might prevent it is the backlash from the fans. Football fans in Europe are not like golf fans, the reaction would be much more extreme.

That being said, I saw on Twitter (yeah, I know) that the Saudi League as a 20B war chess to go after star players.
I also think many who might be upset won’t be if it means the best players or their club improving.

They also have don’t give a shit money if it came down to it.

If some clubs are smart, they try and move some aging stars for a mint. I love Salah, but he has to be worth 400 or so right?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wonder if the RLC to Milan thing dies now because of Maldini’s removal

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I also think many who might be upset won’t be if it means the best players or their club improving.

If some clubs are smart, they try and move some aging stars for a mint. I love Salah, but he has to be worth 400 or so right?
Saudi hasn't paid any transfer fees yet, to be fair. They've targeted out of contract players.

Reactions: maclean

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

The Newcastle/Man City/Chelsea/PSG effect.

Reactions: King 88

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
What do you think, is Maia an immediate contributor at the PL level? West Ham will need a replacement for Rice - might be fun to get a Brazilian midfield duo with him and Paqueta.
He's at a pretty similar level to Danilo and Joao Gomes

I feel he could be an option off the bench and then earn the coach's trust, but I wouldn't trust him as Rice's replacement, that would put too much pressure on his shoulders. Maybe if you play him in a double pivot or let him be more of a B2B where he can use his shooting and not be exposed by the quicker presser he gonna find in the PL

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Would they?

I think there's a world where they give enough cash to make it worth their time to let it go.
Indeed. If they can make the highest ranking American politicians their bytches for so long, a couple of sporting organizations should be no problem.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
We can add Messi to the collection of GOATs I’ve seen play cause for sure I’ll see him now. Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, KD, Kershaw, Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid, Aaron Donald, Messi, Milner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad