Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
By destroying the market, yeah. Just like he is doing with LIV.

It is a matter of time before they go after the best CURRENT players.
What market lol you have maguire going for 80 million. It’s long gone my friend. And no not really they may get a player here or there that’s run of the mill like China with Oscar/ Paulinho. But this isn’t a new footballing order. It’s not likely to last long either. That’s just my opinion of mbs/Saudi. Though.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Believe it or not you are not the target audience. It’s for Saudis. Part of MBS’ political strategy. Pivoting away from the old religious order.

It’s a way to make your country seem open, progressive, and modern without doing pesky things like giving people rights or not operating a global oligarchy on the back of slave labor.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s a way to make your country seem open, progressive, and modern without doing pesky things like giving people rights or not operating a global oligarchy on the back of slave labor.
Not really about that either. MBs is attempting to pivot away from the old order, to make his mark on SA and cement his power. You and likely others are viewing it solely from your(western) perspective. It’s not always about us tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
By destroying the market, yeah. Just like he is doing with LIV.

It is a matter of time before they go after the best CURRENT players.
A league that could just throw stupid amounts of money at the best players from all the other leagues would be dreadful and completely unprecedented. How would world football ever survive?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not really about that either. MBs is attempting to pivot away from the old order, to make his mark on SA and cement his power. You and likely others are viewing it solely from your(western) perspective. It’s not always about us tbh.
LOL

Signing Cristiano Ronaldo cements his power? What awful, dime-store geopolitical online courses are you taking. We’re all well aware of the Saudis sportswashing enterprise and it has nothing to do with defending the throne.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Probably moving onto Lavia which is funny because that’s a completely different player.

Chelsea were trying to buy into Sporting CP as part of the transfer; which is no way shape or form should be allowed.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Blender and JPBolts

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Havertz, Kane, Bellingham, Garcia, Bringing back Brahim, Joselu Is a pretty successful window. Assuming that's our window.

Madrid upgrades their attacking depth, midfield. Only thing that makes this go sideways is if we don't get Kane and Valverde leaves.

As a Cule I’d love to see Madrid do that. Just make sure Kane and Havertz are on long term deals.

HFBoards Soccer forum outage in 1,000,000, 999,999, 999,998 (because it’s Benzema of all people instead of Messi).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah I would take that shit even if I was already wealthy at the level of a footballer. I'm sure he's not sitting on mega money yet. The only caveat is that I would want 75% of it up front. I don't trust many people as it is and considering the country is a dictatorship he would have no way to recoup the money if they didn't give it to him, so before I head over there to play I'd want it in a foreign bank account.

That being said my perspective is that I grew up entirely without money and didn't have any until I was some way down the line in adulthood. It would be great to hear that money is no object in terms of accomplishing anything in your life. Also, a lot of people who get money the way Benzema did, they already blew through a lot of it.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So what's PSG going to look like next year?

ATT: Mbappe, Neymar?, Kolo Muani?, Thuram, Asensio
MF: Verrati, Vitinha, Ugarte, Ruis, Zaire-Emery, Sanches, Pereira, Soler
CB: Marquinhos, Lucas, Kimpembe, Bitshiabu?
FB: Mendes, Hakimi, Musiele, Bernat

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Are you being disrespectful to Kane or what? He doesn't rely on his athleticism that much so he should in theory age pretty well.

Are you assuming something that isn’t the case or what? Look at the list of players I quoted and think about their respective transfer fees and wages and then consider La Liga’s stringent financial fair play rules. If Madrid want to drop what would likely be a conservative 250 million in transfer fees alone on those players then so be It. Then add a likely minimum and conservative 40 million to the wage bill on top of that go right ahead. In the latter case they could easily come up with that, but it’s still not cheap an overall outlay and I would think that after Hazard they wouldn’t be so quick to make some of those moves. By all means Madrid, forget about Mbappe and Haaland for as long as you please.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So what's PSG going to look like next year?

ATT: Mbappe, Neymar?, Kolo Muani?, Thuram, Asensio
MF: Verrati, Vitinha, Ugarte, Ruis, Zaire-Emery, Sanches, Pereira, Soler
CB: Marquinhos, Lucas, Kimpembe, Bitshiabu?
FB: Mendes, Hakimi, Musiele, Bernat
Skriniar is done.
Verratti might be gone. Soler?

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Michels & Seguin are the next fußballgotter to move on as both have expressed a desire for more PT. Hannover being linked to our joker, and both Bochum & Augsburg being linked to Seguin.

Our midfield depth is a strength...Khedira, Haberer, Laīdouni, Kral, Thorsby, Schäfer...that doesn't sound like it's going to be plundered too badly. But our attack needed reinforcements even if Michels stayed.

Becker could depart & Jordan's future is unclear. So we could be left with just Behrens, Leweling, Sanogo, & Ciobanu. Nevermind that we could use one of Duksch / Boniface / Orban, even if Michels was the only forward we lose.
Skriniar is done.
Verratti might be gone. Soler?

Forgot about Skriniar, selling Bitshiabu makes more sense then.

And is Soler expected to be kept? I thought I remembered hearing that he had struggled to settle in so figured he might be sold to clear PT.

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Also going to disagree that everyone would take that Benzema money without a second thought. You still have to consider that you're moving your family to Saudi Arabia for 3 years, or at the very least moving yourself there and being away from your family for 3 years. While the country may have some redeemable qualities, I'll pass and live comfortably off my tens of millions in the bank, 10M+ salary in Europe, and endorsement deals.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The family thing is a bit of a question. While many people in Saudi Arabia do not have the same rights of many Europeans, if you have stupid wealth, it's a bit of a different experience there. Yes, female members of his family might have issues in public, but they're likely not in public all that often, and you could set it up to live quite comfortably in some settings.

I don't blame the player for taking the money. They're not the last player who will pick the money. I think from a competitive standpoint, along with the social aspects, it's a bit disappointing, but I understand it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think roughly 40% of the population isnt actually Saudi. Yeah, a lot of it is South Asian(and others) slave laborer's... there is still a big number of people(western and non western) there securing their own bag.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Paul Joyce says Alexis Mac Allister is getting done this week. Romano the tap in merchant agrees. Apparently fee could be as low as 45m? Which makes everyone feel a lot better. This is basically an A transfer on paper if the fee is only 45m

Khephran Thuram is probably next. Manu Kone or Romeo Lavia probably finish out the midfield shopping spree. Think Chelsea get Lavia and LFC get Kone; which is what I would prefer honestly. Also Gabri Veiga name has popped up recently but not sure how legit that link is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad