Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yeah if Chelsea are holding out for 100M then poor Kai won't be going anywhere. But 50-70M? I can see a team paying that for him even if they don't see him as one of the first names on their team-sheet.

FWIW Bellingham & Brandt have been great together for BVB since Dortmund got them a quality holder and CB partnership. Kai & Jude could work in a similar way with Cama or Tchou at the 6 behind them.

Plus false-9 Kai can work if he's surrounded by wingers that can score goals and fly into the spaces he opens up like Volland / Diaby once did, Nkunku would, and Vini / Rodrygo / Adeyemi...whom they've also been linked to...could.
Is there a player that wouldn't work in a false 9 role when playing with elite play-driving attacking wingers?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
You lot probably came to a deal with him though. He's probably getting some sort of payout.

Now please go pay 50-70 million for Havertz.
It’s been reported (albeit by pro Madrid reports.) that it was for half his wages next year.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I didn't agree with Hazard signing from day 1, nor was I a fan of the precedent the transfer fee was setting. Saw no need for the player given we had Vini sitting right there.

I have no sympathy for the guy, took a massive dump on the club and teammates showing up the way he did. Total loser, completely rinsed the club and took us to the cleaners. Kroos' comments were very telling, have to think Eden wasn't wanted in the locker room.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Assuming this gets done, should be a good fit with Enzo rather than how Kovacic and Enzo just ran on top of each other all season.

679kzzqb2v3b1.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Is there a player that wouldn't work in a false 9 role when playing with elite play-driving attacking wingers?

I loved the Volland-Firmino partnership...but he wasn't an elite play-driving winger and neither was Diaby.

My point was more about the toothlessness of the players that have been put around Kai when Chelsea has used him in that role.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With Nagelsmann taking over PSG I wonder what type of players PSG will try to sign/dump.
I was hoping he'd go back to Leipzig to team up with Eberl, but when Carlo stayed I figured this was the most likely outcome.

Will be interesting to see how that team gets rebuilt because JN is so flexible & adaptive.

Watch Kai nab 32 goals & 15 assists in just a season or two for you.

I had a thought about Kante on a free when I saw it.
Nagelsmann hasn't ever really made having a traditional 6 a priority. He certainly played plenty of shapes that had a classic 6 behind a fluid attacking square, but with Leipzig & Bayern most of his midfielders were 8s.

Not saying I can't see it, just not sure it would be a priority for him.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Havertz, Kane, Bellingham, Garcia, Bringing back Brahim, Joselu Is a pretty successful window. Assuming that's our window.

Madrid upgrades their attacking depth, midfield. Only thing that makes this go sideways is if we don't get Kane and Valverde leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad