Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I guess that make Mariano Diaz the goat!
1685818013491.png

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
My :heart: is broken.
You guys got an in form 8/10 in MacAllister for like 2/3rds of what Mount’s fee will be and probably half the wages.

I love Mount but if I were an LFC fan, I would be pretty happy with that start.

Though, you guys need to make two more MF signings while we need one more (unless Kante stays).

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Are people actually surprised that big clubs are still interested in Kai?
No, I think he will do much better away from Chelsea. Just hope that isn’t the main attacker transfer.

Also depends on what we pay for him.

Reactions: cgf

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Are people actually surprised that big clubs are still interested in Kai?
I think Kai’s never going to work here, at least in the short term. But with proper runners and talent in front of him with him playing in behind, he will do really well.

He doesn’t have any attitude problems.

The Ancelotti quote makes total sense.

I just question whether or not a deal will go through because they will be buying him to be a bench backup option and Chelsea will demand a huge fee.

I can’t imagine Madrid giving out 100MM or close to it after spending 120 on Bellingham.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Kai’s never going to work here, at least in the short term. But with proper runners and talent in front of him with him playing in behind, he will do really well.

I just question whether or not a deal will go through because they will be buying him to be a bench backup option and Chelsea will demand a huge fee.

I can’t imagine Madrid giving out 100MM or close to it after spending 120 on Bellingham.

Yeah if Chelsea are holding out for 100M then poor Kai won't be going anywhere. But 50-70M? I can see a team paying that for him even if they don't see him as one of the first names on their team-sheet.

FWIW Bellingham & Brandt have been great together for BVB since Dortmund got them a quality holder and CB partnership. Kai & Jude could work in a similar way with Cama or Tchou at the 6 behind them.

Plus false-9 Kai can work if he's surrounded by wingers that can score goals and fly into the spaces he opens up like Volland / Diaby once did, Nkunku would, and Vini / Rodrygo / Adeyemi...whom they've also been linked to...could.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, I think he will do much better away from Chelsea. Just hope that isn’t the main attacker transfer.

Also depends on what we pay for him.

Those are both fair concerns. If he's you're second best buy and you spend less than 75M on him, I can see it working out great for you.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Does Morata count if we add all his transfers together? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness it'd be Hazard, Coutinho, or Griezmann I'd have to say.
Hazard not even close. Coutinho also not even close for second.

Havertz is not worth more than what Chelsea paid for him.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Hazard not even close. Coutinho also not even close for second.

Havertz is not worth more than what Chelsea paid for him.
Probably not. But he’s still got good value remaining with two years left on the contract still.

But all the reports are that they will command a massive fee. He wasn’t part of the rumoured exit list.

Especially given the recent reports that we might not be signing a striker this summer.

Edit: I lied. Chelsea reporters have been saying Poch is pursuing Fraudtaro.

Are there any huge Lautaro fans on here? If so, why?

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pretty much confirmed he’s gone. Only thing left is Madrids statement.

Madrids attackers:
Vini
Rodrygo

And there it is.

You lot probably came to a deal with him though. He's probably getting some sort of payout.

Now please go pay 50-70 million for Havertz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad