Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Depending who madrid goes after for the 9 positon. Madrid has a chance to have a very young midfield and front 3 attacking trio next year.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I assume everyone will keep the same energy they had when he “was going to Saudi” now that he isn’t? Should be equally praised no?

Hope everyone isn’t fooled that he’s morally against signing there. He isn’t… he just would rather squeez another year or 2 in europe.

No, you shouldn't expect someone to be praised for not doing the morally corrupt thing. That should be the expectation.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, you shouldn't expect someone to be praised for not doing the morally corrupt thing. That should be the expectation.

If it was that simple we'd live in a very different world. Between the money and the disconnect between playing a game and directly contributing to the evils of the regime, it's not that easy to say no....otherwise we wouldn't be talking about players going there who aren't yet ready for a retirement league.

Not saying we should praise anyone for not going there, just that it's not an easy thing to say no to in the world we live in.

Reactions: Gecklund

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Anyways Freiburg are reportedly looking at Schwolow as a veteran to back up Noah Atubolu next season, as the U21 NT keeper is moving up from FreiburgII.

And 1.FCU have officially triggered Leite's 7.5M buyoption. I expect richer clubs to come for him, Doekhi, & Becker this summer. All 3 should be well worth 20-30M.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If it was that simple we'd live in a very different world. Between the money and the disconnect between playing a game and directly contributing to the evils of the regime, it's not that easy to say no....otherwise we wouldn't be talking about players going there who aren't yet ready for a retirement league.

Not saying we should praise anyone for not going there, just that it's not an easy thing to say no to in the world we live in.
Oh I understand that it isn't necessarily easy, but if doing the right thing was always easy, the world would be a much different place

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh I understand that it isn't necessarily easy, but if doing the right thing was always easy, the world would be a much different place

Sure, but this acknowledges that Messi not going there is him doing the right thing...at least for now. And doing the right thing when a lot of your peers aren't, isn't nothing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Perhaps your only moral principle is money, but that isn't the case for everyone.
No I just live in the real world. Turning down a billion dollars is pretty crazy. Even though he isnt doing it for moral purposes. He was skinned alive on here when it looked like he was going... he isnt going so yes I brought receipts.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No I just live in the real world. Turning down a billion dollars is pretty crazy. Even though he isnt doing it for moral purposes. He was skinned alive on here when it looked like he was going... he isnt going so yes I brought receipts.
Like I said, you shouldn't expect praise for doing the right thing, even if you're passing up a billion dollars to only make hundreds of millions. You should expect criticism for doing the morally bankrupt thing. This isn't really complicated stuff, but I know that it being Messi blinds you.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Perhaps your only moral principle is money, but that isn't the case for everyone.

1pnam14mo9k81.gif

Reactions: bluesfan94

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Like I said, you shouldn't expect praise for doing the right thing, even if you're passing up a billion dollars to only make hundreds of millions. You should expect criticism for doing the morally bankrupt thing. This isn't really complicated stuff, but I know that it being Messi blinds you.
Everything blinds me in a discussion with you but you are in every single case the standard for objectivity. People get praised for doing the right thing all the time. I even post in my original message the caveat that he didnt do it for moral reasons but his own reasons...

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Didn't he blackmail Valbuena? It's obvious what his only moral principle is.

OT: Shkiri is available on a free, he'd be a great pickup for a team in need of defensive midfielders.

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Harry Kane is basically Madrid's best case scenario, and I think fits them like a glove (he and Benzema profile pretty similarly).

If I'm him, I'm jumping on the offer.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

I assume everyone will keep the same energy they had when he “was going to Saudi” now that he isn’t? Should be equally praised no?

Hope everyone isn’t fooled that he’s morally against signing there. He isn’t… he just would rather squeez another year or 2 in europe.

f*** him, tbh.

Ducking Saudi, because he can avoid being in Benzema shadow!

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
No one here has career earnings closing in on a billion dollars though. At least I don't think any of us do.

You'd like to think that at a certain point another 100 million just doesn't matter
Depends on how much they have left of what they've already earned.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Didn't he blackmail Valbuena? It's obvious what his only moral principle is.

OT: Shkiri is available on a free, he'd be a great pickup for a team in need of defensive midfielders.

Shkiri will be a great pick up for someone. I rate him a lot more than I rated Ozcan last summer, and he worked out pretty well for BVB...despite eventually getting supplanted by a revitalized Emre Can playing the best football of his career.

Reactions: luiginb

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
There''s already rumours of Madrid losing someone else surprising this off-season. OH BOY.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Though Nurnberg want to trigger their buy option on Jens Castrop, TSG has shown interested in the young midfielder-turned-wingback so Köln are reportedly considering triggering their buyback clause if 1.FCN does buy him, so they can sell him to Hoffenheim.

Not sure I love that. Wouldn't mind the 19yo spending another season in BuLi2 before trying to find a starting spot in the 1st division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad