Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VIII - Chaim Bloom FIRED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Cora throwing these games so they can have higher waiver priority by Thursday

4RZEL9m.gif

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
this poor kid didn't need to be subjected to this awful interview

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
So to me this backs up people like @Mr Cartmenez who think Cora has helped this team overachieve despite whatever last night was. I mean that stat is incredible.

I mean honestly: Is it even a question whether Cora has been a net positive this year? I've heard / read other guys talking / writing about Cora as if he was a legitimate MOTY candidate (it won't happen if they miss, but he's at least in the discussion).
Basically everyone is mildly surprised that the Sox are in it so late in the season. When the season started, they were a middle of the road team in the power rankings. Same as in 2021 when they ended up giving Houston a run for their money in the ALCS.
Even many Astros fans (as a poster in here "reported" today) want Cora back in some kind of role as they appreciate him. He's miles better than Dusty, that's for sure.

Bloom is the one responsible for the unhealthy roster structure. It's ok not to assemble the 2027 Yankees for a rebuilding franchise, but the worst defense in baseball over a 3-4 year span is a huge red flag to me. I'd really like to know the thought process over such a long period of time. It's got nothing to do with bad luck either. This squad was always going to be extraordinarily bad on the bases and on the field. He deliberately added players like Yoshida and Turner to this group of inept fielders.

This is why I go back to if the GM is telling all of us the percentages say they weren't making the playoffs why didn't he sell these guys off? That is my biggest problem with Chaim Bloom. Just refuses to be aggressive in any way. Too much sitting around doing nothing and telling us everything will be awesome.

This is what's truly puzzling to me. I thought at the deadline he was going to say that they were close on many things but nothing came to fruition (excuse 101), but he was pretty open in saying that he thought the team wasn't worth investing in (which I think was correct), but then he should have had the guts to sell off some pieces like other teams did. It wouldn't have been the popular decision, but the right one (according to him). The odds were never going to be in their favor.
It's like the franchise has no direction other than drafting players and waiting for their arrival. It seems like Bloom is way too reactionary for my liking.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.

I’m calling it

Rip 2023 Red Sox

Reactions: Gordoff

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Watch Cora punt this game too.
I mean the season is over. We all need to accept that.

What the actual f*** is this? I’m done, just fire everyone.
Probably what should happen but I don't think John Henry gives a shit.

Cora pulling Bello after 80 pitches and then will complain about most of the bullpen being burned tomorrow. Idiot.
Isn't the geek squad way pulling starters after 2 times thru?

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
It's important to note that this directive is from the new age, Ivy educated dork GMs who want to kill the game.

It may be the right decision as the game is designed today, but I would love to see a new rule in which the DH is connected to the SP. As soon as the starter leaves the game, the team would also lose the DH. After that it‘d basically be old fashioned NL-baseball with double switches and all that.

It‘s a win on many levels. It gives incentive to prolong starts as it used to be and forces teams to put more focus on bench players.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It may be the right decision as the game is designed today, but I would love to see a new rule in which the DH is connected to the SP. As soon as the starter leaves the game, the team would also lose the DH. After that it‘d basically be old fashioned NL-baseball with double switches and all that.

It‘s a win on many levels. It gives incentive to prolong starts as it used to be and forces teams to put more focus on bench players.
Kinda like that a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad