Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I’d say it’s over.

However, Texas is in tailspin and Toronto is trick or treat and play well below their ability.
They play Houston, Toronto, and Texas down the stretch. If they sweep at least one of those three series and keep their head above water and get some external help, there's a path.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never put money on it happening, and think their chances are quite low given the inconsistency with which they've performed all year. But there's a feasible mathematical path, so I'll keep watching as a fan as long as it's still there.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Going to the game tomorrow. Hope to catch Rafaela’s first MLB action. Can’t wait to give Henry 200+ as well in food and beer.

Tickets came in at 95 total so keeping it under 300 will be a good night.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Going to the game tomorrow. Hope to catch Rafaela’s first MLB action. Can’t wait to give Henry 200+ as well in food and beer.

Tickets came in at 95 total so keeping it under 300 will be a good night.
That piqued my curiosity so I decided to take a look at what Angels tickets are going for after Ohtani and Trout got hurt:

1693260848777.png

lmao

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Knowing this team they'll go on a good run, somehow get within a game or be tied for the WC - just to get swept by the Orioles the last series of the season.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Outside of the miserable start to the season I think the Sox have been fairly consistent. Unfortunately being fairly consistent won't get you into the playoffs. They need like an 8-2 or 9-1 ten game run to put some pressure on the teams in front of them. And that's something I just don't think they have in them.

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Knowing this team they'll go on a good run, somehow get within a game or be tied for the WC - just to get swept by the Orioles the last series of the season.
Would be typical Red Sox.

One can make the argument that finishing the season with TB & Baltimore could be good because both will likely be resting starters and getting their rotations set for October. But again, they'll probably still be overmatched.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Meaningful games in September is all good for me. Love our young players and great prospects.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Meaningful games in September is all good for me. Love our young players and great prospects.
Yes sir, and when we continue to supplement the cheap + young core with talent those meaningful september games will turn into a decade+ of meaningful October games. No more yo-yo’ing. We’ve already had a taste with the last days of the old core in 2021. Now we’re competitive but trending up as an org with the new group.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

One can make the argument that finishing the season with TB & Baltimore could be good because both will likely be resting starters and getting their rotations set for October. But again, they'll probably still be overmatched.
I thought of that too but I didn't wanna make it sound like I really think they will get that close to begin with.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Sox have been better than the rays for a decent chunk of time at this point. They don’t have any pitching

Orioles, not so much lol

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I found out that on MLB.tv you can select the Boston radio feed on the NESN visuals. Bye Youk, bye DOB. (it's a little out of sync, though, so I might re-consider that. But there is always the feed of the opponents.)

Duvall has low key been playing bad defense this year.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Yes sir, and when we continue to supplement the cheap + young core with talent those meaningful september games will turn into a decade+ of meaningful October games.
I mean...wow what a leap. I guess we're back on the Dodgers East train for some reason (just need another 5-10 years of team building!). Expecting a decade+ of meaningful October games is outrageous.

Sox have been better than the rays for a decent chunk of time at this point. They don’t have any pitching
The Rays are 80-52 and 8-2 in their last 10. They have the best run differential in the AL. What planet are you occupying?

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Why is this man pitching here?

Also. Adam Duvall is a terrible CF. He doesn't read the ball well at all.

Hey Alex, get the pen going ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad