Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VI: Hunt for the Wild Card is on

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim

Is he serious? He will not be even remotely close to 2018. And I doubt he tops 2016. With that take, Jared can start working for NESN.

Good for Mookie. The one thing I am still bitter about is that they didn't trade him one year sooner if they knew he wasn't going to sign. The return would have been astronomical.

The range is the entire issue defensively. Verdugo did a good job improving his this off-season, Casas will need to dedicate in a similar way. He’s never gonna have great range with his size but some of these balls he needs to be getting to…Or at least knock them down

To answer your question about what national prospect evaluators saw- I think they like his soft hands and he has a really good arm (just doesn’t need to use it at his position). They definitely didn’t make note of the range being this poor though

If you saw the Pelosi draft thread you know how much I put into national rankings- I don’t think these guys have enough time in the day to make proper evaluations on all these players. There are so many dang minor league baseball players lol

It’s nice to see how your team looks from a national perspective but I certainly don’t take them as gospel. Typically the billion dollar operations are gonna have more insight than them.

The funny thing to me is that the soxprospects guys are usually more pessimistic than the national outlets are

1. I think Casas will unfortunately get even worse as his body fills out and as he ages. It's a pretty bad combo with Devers at 3B. Fortunately, he may very well be pretty great on offense, so there's that.

2. That's a legit argument, nobody has the time or capacity to see so many prospects, especially on a regular basis. A lot can change within a few months or a year. But then they should sometimes take a step back instead of trying to make it sound like they know it all.

3. I don't put too much stock into the prospects rankings as I once did. But obviously it's great to see them hyping our prospects once again. Even if they are not all that great, it leads to more currency to work with.

Youkilis again "great effort"

A lot of 3rd basemen make that play

Youkilis is the worst in terms of intel and voice. But Wakefield and WMB ain't much better. NESN really has long ways to go.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What do the advanced metrics say about Winckowski? More hits than innings pitched. I suppose he's been a bit lucky?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So Winck doesn’t have it tonight. Can’t say I loved pulling Bello with 2 outs in the bottom 6 with a 2-0 lead. Yea, 99 pitches but would have liked to see him work out of it.

Instead it’s 2-2.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
idk why Duvall is still in the game, he should’ve been pulled the second he came into the dugout after that idiocy

I guess only one guy faces consequences on this team. Maybe that’s why they’re all cool with playing dumb, undisciplined baseball.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
idk why Duvall is still in the game, he should’ve been pulled the second he came into the dugout after that idiocy

I guess only one guy faces consequences on this team. Maybe that’s why they’re all cool with playing dumb, undisciplined baseball.
Yep bust out the violin for Alex Verdugo. What happened with Verdugo was pregame bullshit. If Cora pulled every player from the game after a stupid mistake we wouldn't be able to field a team.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Is he serious? He will not be even remotely close to 2018. And I doubt he tops 2016. With that take, Jared can start working for NESN.

Good for Mookie. The one thing I am still bitter about is that they didn't trade him one year sooner if they knew he wasn't going to sign. The return would have been astronomical.

1. I think Casas will unfortunately get even worse as his body fills out and as he ages. It's a pretty bad combo with Devers at 3B. Fortunately, he may very well be pretty great on offense, so there's that.

2. That's a legit argument, nobody has the time or capacity to see so many prospects, especially on a regular basis. A lot can change within a few months or a year. But then they should sometimes take a step back instead of trying to make it sound like they know it all.

3. I don't put too much stock into the prospects rankings as I once did. But obviously it's great to see them hyping our prospects once again. Even if they are not all that great, it leads to more currency to work with.

Youkilis is the worst in terms of intel and voice. But Wakefield and WMB ain't much better. NESN really has long ways to go.

He's pacing for a career high in HR and RBI.

Additionally he currently has the 2nd highest OBP, SLG, OPS, OPS+ and pacing for the 2nd highest WAR of his career

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
2. That's a legit argument, nobody has the time or capacity to see so many prospects, especially on a regular basis. A lot can change within a few months or a year. But then they should sometimes take a step back instead of trying to make it sound like they know it all.3. I don't put too much stock into the prospects rankings as I once did. But obviously it's great to see them hyping our prospects once again. Even if they are not all that great, it leads to more currency to work with.Youkilis is the worst in terms of intel and voice. But Wakefield and WMB ain't much better. NESN really has long ways to go.

Better?

They're much worse.

Reactions: DKH

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
So Winck doesn’t have it tonight. Can’t say I loved pulling Bello with 2 outs in the bottom 6 with a 2-0 lead. Yea, 99 pitches but would have liked to see him work out of it.

Instead it’s 2-2.
That's beyond annoying if the 95 pitch thing is real(I remember being confused as to why they pulled him in a game a couple months ago and one of you told me it was because of the 95+ pitches)

But at some point wtf is the difference between like 5-7 more pitches if there's 2 outs in a mid-late game inning and he's not crapping the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad